Crossfire 1.8 Feedback

There are 149 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• The topic says it.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Since I already got to play it...

awesome effects, awesome explosions, the FLAK in X owns you pretty badly...

however, Arena is just too bright when you have bloom on its not possible to pvp there properly as you don't even see your own cursor O_o but its still amazing ;)

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Yes, that's the point Siky ^^ You have to use your "The FORCE" to win your opponents there ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• everything looks awesome .. so far, my favorite system is the Upper Unknown (middle one) ... nice colours ..
    altho, cant enter Sol, Lost Paradise and Omega41 (so far). Entering the jump hole to this systems cause the game to crash.

btw. anyone read the WHOLE server story in this link: http://www.swat-portal.com/por…mod_archive/CFsetup18.exe

its the BEST !!!!!

• will check the jumpholes

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• actually ive no idea
    but i also have random crashes... sometimes it does work... sometimes not
    dunno about the other systems (coz there i didnt do any changes since cf1.7)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by DC_Crysis
    Awesome mod ,, everything looks amazing ^^

Unfortunatley looks are not everything.

I dont want to bitch about the mod so early after release but the thread asks for feedback.

I only want to offer constructive critisism and this is only my oppinion.

I have been playing on singleplayer and im not sure if there are any graphical changes but NY is very pink so is texas..anyway im sure lots of you like pink..

however i was dissapointed to find that the vanilla side of the game has not been touched apart from new paintwork.
    I mean the wrecks are still in the same place, ships are too.
    So no real reason to go exploring those vanilla areas any more as i know where every wreck is in 1.7 and in this mod they are still there in all the systems ive been to which is all Liberty, bretonia, kusari edge worlds ect. I havnt been to all the other x worlds yet but the few i have been to are also still the same.

I know you may say so what, but one of the reasons i and a lot of others left the game was because we had explored it all and got bored.
    If i'd logged on and found that the ships were not in the same places then id would have had more reason to explore every bit of the new mod and would play the game for longer.

At this time, those of you players who know where every thing is will go from NY to london to dublin to sol etc..

I think it would have given the game a lot more life if new wrecks were added and old one were moved so that those who have been on 1.7 for the last year or more would have to look that bit harder and stay online longer.
    Yes I know a FEW wrecks have been added but not enough imo.

As for bugs.well the only ones so far are in SOL with random CTD's..not sure why but should be fixable.
    Otherwise no other bugs as yet.

Im sorry if im comming off critical, i dont mean to be but i dont see any serious gameplay changes only new paintwork and skins.
    So give everyone a week or 2 and all will have flown to the ancients area, got the best ship and weapons and will be flying around bored with nothing to do but show off their peens with a dose of pvp.

Maybe one thing that could be looked at is the credits system. It is still way to easy to make millions and again we will all be flying round with cargos full of loots all ready to pay off the first pie-rat that taxes us,,50 mill..sure take it and leave, i have plenty more where that came from and if not i'll just trade sol run again.

This sounds like a rant and again im sorry if it does but i was just thinking that with the captured audiance you mangaged to get through advertising this mod its going to be a shame that after a short while people will probably get bored and leave again.

So to summarise...
    1. same old game with new paint work and some planetry voice overs..
    2. Still to easy to make credits to quickly.
    3. old ships still in same places
    4. old wrecks still in same places
    5 Prison Sound track to the great escape...best thing in game so far.

Well i guess i will not be joining you guys online but I hope you guys have lots of fun.
    Sorry again if i came across as critical, i know you dont like critisim OP.

• 1. you have not really played the game as there are hundreds of new wrecks
    2. moving wrecks and ships? what are you talking about? do you think that there would be ppl in the universe that would move wrecks to other locations? "our mission today -> carry a ship wreck to another location"
    3. The objective while building the mod was to extend the game in a logical way. What you propose is not logical at all. IF you dont like the vanilla layout then install a different game that has nothing to do with fl.
    4. I like critics... but this is ridiculous.
    5. the Sol probs appear not to be fixable... at least i am not able to find an error (and i have been searching for bugs in sol for more than 5 weeks meanwhile)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    1. you have not really played the game as there are hundreds of new wrecks

Ok i think hundreds is an exageration op..but i get that you have put NEW ones in and thats great.

2. moving wrecks and ships? what are you talking about? do you think that there would be ppl in the universe that would move wrecks to other locations? "our mission today -> carry a ship wreck to another location"

What i ment was if you had moved the old wrecks to different locations in this new mod then instead of the guys who have played this game before simply flying to those locations because they knew where they were and looting those wrecks then they would have had to look else where meaning more time on the server..its called a time sink and online games thrive from time sinks.

3. The objective while building the mod was to extend the game in a logical way. What you propose is not logical at all. IF you dont like the vanilla layout then install a different game that has nothing to do with fl.

thats great and totally understandable however we all had to start again in the vanille part of the game and everyone went to the badlands and picked up the cardamine and weapons from the ships there. Wouldnt it have been better if those ships were moved to another location giving those explorer players more to do and others would have had to work harder.

4. I like critics... but this is ridiculous.

ok if you say so.

5. the Sol probs appear not to be fixable... at least i am not able to find an error (and i have been searching for bugs in sol for more than 5 weeks meanwhile)

My mistake I didnt think it was as serious as you think.But hope you work it out.

• Hey OP.

Nice startup from what i saw. the blue/red HUD is quite style i love that.

Unfortunately, cause it crashes just after the first cutscene in SP and after launching to space from manhattan in MP I cannot feedback more. i'll try to reinstall but it seems there is a known issue with this crash to desktop thing already reported. has there been solutions to that ?

Thx OP !

• I really love what I have seen so fare. It's definitely a master piece.

now fro the bug report:

1-There was a server crash earlier today and since then all / commands stopped working (confirmed by many players)
    2- In hiruga when you come close to a jh, the voice keep saying anomaly detected non stop in loop. (confirmed by 2 players). I have not seen thsi bug anywhere else.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• The only what i can say is, GREAT,COOL,AMAZING...

But its a little bit dark,i think the shadow system working not 100%,or is that the bloom effekt?

Can i change the interface colour? or must i reinstall the mod? The orange is to crazy i think^^

• The ship navigation voice in Hiruga is a bit redundant, but logical, since it is triggered within a 4-5k radius of any jumphole. Since Hiruga has so many, it may become a bit of an annoyance for the residents of that system, but it also lends itself to some additional bewilderment for fisrt-time explorers of the system. I'm not sure OP can deactivate that feature in a single system... ?(

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)