Posts by captainscarlet

captainscarlet... we don't copy other mods. IF there is something others offer to use, or something OP(by himself or due to team/community) wants in the mod, he will have the right permissions for it first.

I wish you would read before posting, that is how flames start. I didnt mention COPYING other mods.

All I said was that the SHIP SKINS of the Liberty ships from the big daddy mod do make the liberty ships look better and as this mod is NEW it makes sense that Liberty would have improved their ships by now or is their technology that rubbish.

Its not as though OP hasnt used ships from other mods/games already in this mod.

Well id like to offer my thoughts.

Im only playing SP now wont be comming on the MP side.

Graphically improved.

ships with no level is better now.

Cargo space and ship control is very clever.

Hud is excellent(however im having problems reading/understanding numbers.eg battery,bott and cargo numbers are a little difficult to read, numbers 6 and 8 look the same.)

Sounds are great

Havn't completed it all yet but as for so far, job is a good one.

Thank you.

One thing, with all the changes, i think graphically, if you could have gotten the liberty ship skins from the big daddy FL mod, i think the mod would have looked even better, but all in all, very good job.

Well id like to say that im leaving crossfire too. I have been around here on and off for a long time way back.

All the crap still goes on, OP still dictates what goes on, and the few OP fanbois are still here bigging him up.

I was hoping that 1,9 would change all this BUT it should have been released long ago. However OP got a strop AGAIN and I guess people just cant wait.

This needs more clarification.

I understand you want people to help and thats fine, but if I or you go to a forum, dont you expect to be able to view ALL the information there regardless of wether you help or not? if someone is restricted of information until they offer help, then it may put people off comming here who just want to access information.

If thats not the case, then whats the benifit of premium user...?Will it just be for the base community?

not impressed at all by this game

I watched a few gameplay videos and I find it extremely dull

It is what it is. You either love Starwars or you dont.

Those who do like STARWARS, then im sure most of them will be happy its back on the mmo scene.

A lot of people were saddened by what happened to STARWARS GALAXIES with the NGE.etc..(if you know you know..) if not google it.

So there are a huge number of people who are hoping this game will will reinvigorate the StarWars MMO genre.

You dont like it..fine. opinions vary.

Your AV, if that really is an AV, it's an @$$. Is there any modern online game it finds no virus in ? ;) WoW has none neither CF for sure.

It it webroot internet security essentials to be exact...i found it to be pretty good but its very sensitive.. but your entitled to your opinnion......BUT by the way..please can you try to use words more than 3 letters as it makes you look inmmature.

Well I just completley cleaned my pc..Reformatted it..re instaled freelancer..installed flmm 1.31 installed xfire 1.82 and set installer to OPEN SINGLEPLAYER nad it DOES NOT WORK...Sorry to those who say it does, but it doesnt for me and the other guy on th9is thread..

So im too back to 1.81.

Edit..oh yes and my AV is WEBROOT nad it still has issues launching and thinking the mod has a virus in it..I just hope it doesnt but im having to launching offline to be sure..and turn off exceptions and allow everything to get the mad to work

Why are things so complicated, i had this problem with the WoW launcher too..

hey, while we're on the subject, can anyone tell me if there is a problem with "Open single player".. I have played through the game normal mode , but have re installed the game again, cleaned all saved games etc etc..tried to play the game in open single player and it keeps going into the sigle player campagn cut scenes and then goes into the game.

So is there a bug, if not id like to report this and ask if i need to do anything otyher than selecting open sigle player when i select the mod set up.

WeLl i have cleaned my pc..re installed a different AV.(AVG FREE)..Downloaded crossfire.
    re-installed freelancer and FLMM..
    put it all together and ALL files were acepted and launcer is v2.01
    Am now playing OPEN SP and all is fine.
    will recheck data disk after ive finished exploring the new systems.

PS.@OP..I notice the ships in the new hongkong etc systems are from another mod ive played before..they are the copy ships from x2/3 etc..nice ships.. however, are there any of your own design in the game as i loved the coalition ships.

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    downloaded the mod and tested the datadisk again
    no problems at all

I believe you..i have mcafee av and i believe this is causing corrupt downloads..

One thing though OP..i have de installed crossfire from all file i can imagine it being in,my doc, save games prog files..flmm files BUT...when i re install freelancer again,,the new CF logo comes up on the icon..any reason why that is..must be file hidden in my pc somewhere..any ideas where?

Yes this is the same here..
    I am trying to re-download again and do clean install..to see if it makes a difference.
    3 things:

1.Data disk has same thing not complete text telling us to lookin in the places for the three other disks.etc.

2. I had the game running last night, everything was fine launched from launcher and had new files downloaded, logged off..today the download had dissapeared from my pc..nothing, no launcher was there,,even no downpload in my documents.. it was simply gone..
    re downloaded it did clean install and it worked BUT NO LAUNCHER at all..just started with old freelancer style start up but it went to the mod.I had everything but the MANDAR gate was ctd again..
    3.Trying to redown load it again as it has dissapeared from my documents again..this is very strange.

Graphical bugs mentiond above with the triangle shapes are only for me when i activate the shader..otherwise its all fine.

Main bug is the CTD's they maybe to do with the new sat nav..(the womans annoying voice who keeps saying anomaly detected or access granted ;)..)Seriously though, the main CTD for me is the MANDAR gate ctd..if we cant get to russia and the new systems then thats pretty serious i think.

I think the paint job is very pretty however sometimes the feeling of being in space in systems like..erm..nephele is great, but in some others places like the arena, it just feels like ive just flown into the sun and i need to visit my optition..

Freelancer - Trade, Explore, Fight (ever heard that?)

I would if i could get through jumpgates..;)

Having problems with CTD's in sol..managed to get through to styx..but mandar jumpgate keeps crashing me to my desktop.
    Anyone else haveing problems..and have you put in another way to russia systems or else we dont get to see this great mod in all its glory.
    If its just me then ill look at my pc settings and sort it..but if its a mod bug then??well I dont know

1. you have not really played the game as there are hundreds of new wrecks

Ok i think hundreds is an exageration op..but i get that you have put NEW ones in and thats great.

2. moving wrecks and ships? what are you talking about? do you think that there would be ppl in the universe that would move wrecks to other locations? "our mission today -> carry a ship wreck to another location"

What i ment was if you had moved the old wrecks to different locations in this new mod then instead of the guys who have played this game before simply flying to those locations because they knew where they were and looting those wrecks then they would have had to look else where meaning more time on the server..its called a time sink and online games thrive from time sinks.

3. The objective while building the mod was to extend the game in a logical way. What you propose is not logical at all. IF you dont like the vanilla layout then install a different game that has nothing to do with fl.

thats great and totally understandable however we all had to start again in the vanille part of the game and everyone went to the badlands and picked up the cardamine and weapons from the ships there. Wouldnt it have been better if those ships were moved to another location giving those explorer players more to do and others would have had to work harder.

4. I like critics... but this is ridiculous.

ok if you say so.

5. the Sol probs appear not to be fixable... at least i am not able to find an error (and i have been searching for bugs in sol for more than 5 weeks meanwhile)

My mistake I didnt think it was as serious as you think.But hope you work it out.

Originally posted by DC_Crysis
    Awesome mod ,, everything looks amazing ^^

Unfortunatley looks are not everything.

I dont want to bitch about the mod so early after release but the thread asks for feedback.

I only want to offer constructive critisism and this is only my oppinion.

I have been playing on singleplayer and im not sure if there are any graphical changes but NY is very pink so is texas..anyway im sure lots of you like pink..

however i was dissapointed to find that the vanilla side of the game has not been touched apart from new paintwork.
    I mean the wrecks are still in the same place, ships are too.
    So no real reason to go exploring those vanilla areas any more as i know where every wreck is in 1.7 and in this mod they are still there in all the systems ive been to which is all Liberty, bretonia, kusari edge worlds ect. I havnt been to all the other x worlds yet but the few i have been to are also still the same.

I know you may say so what, but one of the reasons i and a lot of others left the game was because we had explored it all and got bored.
    If i'd logged on and found that the ships were not in the same places then id would have had more reason to explore every bit of the new mod and would play the game for longer.

At this time, those of you players who know where every thing is will go from NY to london to dublin to sol etc..

I think it would have given the game a lot more life if new wrecks were added and old one were moved so that those who have been on 1.7 for the last year or more would have to look that bit harder and stay online longer.
    Yes I know a FEW wrecks have been added but not enough imo.

As for bugs.well the only ones so far are in SOL with random CTD's..not sure why but should be fixable.
    Otherwise no other bugs as yet.

Im sorry if im comming off critical, i dont mean to be but i dont see any serious gameplay changes only new paintwork and skins.
    So give everyone a week or 2 and all will have flown to the ancients area, got the best ship and weapons and will be flying around bored with nothing to do but show off their peens with a dose of pvp.

Maybe one thing that could be looked at is the credits system. It is still way to easy to make millions and again we will all be flying round with cargos full of loots all ready to pay off the first pie-rat that taxes us,,50 mill..sure take it and leave, i have plenty more where that came from and if not i'll just trade sol run again.

This sounds like a rant and again im sorry if it does but i was just thinking that with the captured audiance you mangaged to get through advertising this mod its going to be a shame that after a short while people will probably get bored and leave again.

So to summarise...
    1. same old game with new paint work and some planetry voice overs..
    2. Still to easy to make credits to quickly.
    3. old ships still in same places
    4. old wrecks still in same places
    5 Prison Sound track to the great escape...best thing in game so far.

Well i guess i will not be joining you guys online but I hope you guys have lots of fun.
    Sorry again if i came across as critical, i know you dont like critisim OP.

Originally posted by Centaurian
    I am reminded of a movie I saw long ago about Michaelangelo (I forget who played the roles). The artist was working at the top of a very high scaffold, laying on his back, and obviously tired. The pope asked the artist in frustration, "When will you be DONE with this work?" The artist answered, "When it is FINISHED!"

I just came back to see how things are going and what do i find..same old shit from people moaning and causing crap.
    Now i remember why i left the last time...sheesh..will it never end on this forum.
    The quote from cent was poigniant BUT bares no resemblance to OP... Michale Angelo didnt go round showing screenshots/pictures of his work, telling peole how far thingS were progressing etc... which imo was wrong to do as it only leads to assumptions from people to as and when it will be finished...
    The part where you say you cant rush a master piece is very true and even though i dont know OP personally i know his nature and being a perfectionist is the worst thing you can be when trying for something like this...aslo it is not in his nature to accept failure from others and to suffer fools lightly..so i guess you lot have pissed him off once to often..

Never mind hey..what an oportunity you had..
    Good luck to everyone at SWAT...