Crossfire 1.8 Feedback

There are 149 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• i never posted here before , so ill start with - Its a masterpiece mod as I said dozens of times ! - because its a feedback section , and know with a little question :D

OP , in the next patches or the future DLCs , can you integrate a zoom in - zoom out camera addition ? Because when using huge ships such as ... Large Train , Battleship etc , when pressing H to acces the turret view , it seems pretty hard to hit the targets because of the ships structure in front of you .

• dunno - but i think its possible

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ...cockpit... let's see how you look behind or at left, right, up down with cockpit veiw with a train that doesn't turn arround in a minute :D

But yes, that idea (of zoom) may be a sucessful one...one that would make the mod look more perfect even since noob ships :D Like having a large 'panoramic' view of what's arround ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• great, great work op!

started xfire exactly 2 years ago and played it for a half year with passion -> now back for the new and hopefully more user friendly version:)

• Crossfire is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

You guys have made a breakthrough in Freelancer mods that is long overdue: extensions to the story line (Mission 14, Jack Blinch, etc.)

While multi-player is an amazing capability, I am really a single-player fan at heart. Open SP just doesn't cut it, because there is a huge difference between directionless exploring and exploring for the purpose of following an ongoing story.

Most mods don't even attempt to extend the story line because they get stalled with the problem of creating new cut scenes. Your use of Rumors, News, and Secret Containers to add puzzles is brilliant.

And Mission 14 is the most creative and funny Freelancer mod I have ever seen.

Thank you... and I hope that you will add more puzzles to extend the story line for us single players in the future!

PS: The new uniforms for Juni rock! My fav is #2.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• we will do our best

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Took the chance of the most recent update by server to have a look into some files:

[SIZE=3]Can't almost wait to meet all the Shivans, Ancients and Vasudans ![/SIZE]

OP, you are my REAL [SIZE=4]MOM[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]( Master of Modding )[/SIZE]

As already stated before : CF1.8 is the best thing since ANY LancerSpaceGame has hit this planet.

Perhaps now some guys from the Freespace community might get on the task of transferring some Freelancer-stuff to the FSO engine.
    It might then become possible to fly in the FL-universe with Joystick.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• In the Innercore system,
    I cant dock domkvash gate or return back
    There are no way out?! - surely i don think so
    or Its the end of 1.8 SP?

• the gate is working

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• my god.
    The gate is opened? then why my docking icon was inactive.
    Need to be friendlier with domkvash? or I didnt have blackbox from Menton?
    I must find the reason then.

Thx for answering.

• You must be sick of Freelancer fans rediscovering the game through your mod :) hihi

Well, I've been replaying it recently and enjoyed several SP mods (not so keen on Multiplayer - I prefer Eve Online for that).. Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised to discover your extensive mod.

I did, however, not yet get the chance to explore half of it (or who knows, a quarter even). I do have a few little comments that may or may not be useful..

Transparency option on the external view could be great (on the ship) for the large ships.. Or perhaps a Zoom as mentioned before.

I think some difficulty balancing could be done on the Story mode, I mean it's fine if you use the 150K you start with and can handle the arm-achingly intense few battles (which seem to be the hardest in the whole game strangely).. Vanilla FL was similar but not by so much.

Personally, I would love to see more of the custom ships available in the Vanilla systems although I kinda liked the way you teased us through the storyline stations with an occasional ship.

I don't know the scope of the ships but could it be possible to import the huge variety of B5, ST, SW etc ships already available or make a SHIPJUNKY version of the mod?

Truth is, I only really enjoy the mods for the ships. Perhaps that's just me..

I also noticed that collecting pilots in a system with a Prison is way too easy and millions can be made in a very short time even as a rookie.. Perhaps the lower pilot ranks shouldn't be worth so much. 250k is fair for an admiral but perhaps an ensign would be worth 5k instead of 50k?

I love the VIP and Prisoners concept but the pricing also seemed under-tuned. The only variation in VIP was 600 at Planet Manhattan (which meant filling up the cargo, launching, docking at the nearest station, selling and doubling the investment, rinse, repeat).. And only one possible place to earn more (within the Vanilla systems at least).. Definitely a great start, perhaps something could be inspired from the frontierspace mod??

How about only allowing SP players to sell prisoners to LPI stations if they own a Police license? Perhaps the pilots could be considered contriband unless you have a police license? It could be seen as kidnapping otherwise and frowned upon by the authorities.. Not sure if that is possible of course.

I have real problems with the new iconsets - I can hardly even see them!!! I'm using a TFT so it shouldn't be so bad but the only way I can really play the game is using the original icons.. Maybe it's just me but with some of the iconsets it's just unplayable.. Could you please create a Fat or HiContrast scheme too?

I hope this feedback finds you well. Congratulations on such an amazing mod.. You guys must be well organised!! Lucky for us!! :)

Originally posted by MrPras
    Personally, I would love to see more of the custom ships available in the Vanilla systems

I cannot answer any of the questions that you asked, but I can answer a couple that you did not ask. :)

• Several new ships (including Very Heavy Fighters) are available from New York, as soon as you finish Mission 1.
    • More new ships are available from New London.
    • If you think that you are earning too much money with prisoners and VIPs, that is only because you have not tried to buy a new ship yet. You will NEED those millions!
    • Hint: Display Patrol Routes in your Nav map to find Hidden Bases, Jump Holes, Wrecks, etc. Most of the really fun stuff in Freelancer is not along the Trade Lanes!
    • Hint: Keep your eyes open when you look around... Crossfire sometimes lets you see things with your eyes at greater distance than your scanners. Use the turret view ("H" key).
    • Mission 1 is always tedious because you are limited to the Starflier when you begin at Level 0.
    • I upgrade to a Rhino as soon as I reach Level 1. It has 8 weapons and a large cargo bay, both of which are extremely handy early in the game.
    • If you do not already do so, learn to slide in combat ("Z" key). Even a freighter maneuvers well enough if you slide (against the AI Non Player Characters - NPCs - anyway. Human pilots are not so predictable :) ).
    • Use plasma cannons instead of lasers. LavaBlades hit MUCH harder than lasers.
    • If the mission includes Weapons Platforms, take them out first. They are high power and have long range weapons.
    • Ignore Juni when she tries to get you to hurry to the next mission. Take your time to explore and upgrade when you get the opportunities.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Well i dont have to say CF is by far the best freelancer mod.
    I just wished one thing... A hypergate from X to altair... The mod is so huge that we take hours from a place to other. we could even go to altair via the unknow systems, but we can only leave altair by that route :(
    Hope next update brings back the dynamic economy...
    Great work OP congratz

• Thanks for the thoughts and tips Bullwinkle..

I know this might sound like I'm whining but is there any way to get the elite and federation ships into the crossfire SP? Or, are they already there?

Perhaps renaming the files and replacing an existing ship model and INI-stats would accomplish that?

It's really nice that there are so many ships I never saw before, great work..!! But I do miss the federation and star-wars stuff.. Boohoo.. I guess i could revert back to another mod for that.

• CF will never be a SW or ST mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• A GOD like mod which is a little rough around the edges atm lol

i love the ships in colisen? space the detail is far beyond incredible
    but the battleship view could be pulled back a little in turret view.

other than that, its awesome![thumb]