Construction of the Base in the Inner Core!

There are 291 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by denne.

• update (01.05.2017)

for the first upgrade, the bar, we still need:

commodity needed amount to deliver amount left to deliver done in % trains left to deliver
    Artifacts

61%

Basic Alloy

62%

Construction Machinery

86%

Copper

100%

Optical Chips

60%

Optronics

69%

Polymers

100%

Ship Hull Panels

58%

Super Alloy

33%

Sum

68%

good job mates :thumbup:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited 3 times, last by denne ().

• :salutes I would like 2 Help More but my 2 Trains Cannot go 2 Weth so I can Only do Transfers, My Ant is Good for Weth , I have VHF's in Jormdar Also a Repair ship But I cannot Sell the B+Bot 2 the Station , also I have a BS in Jormdar .. Please advise ... Tribbs Out... :police: :salutes

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• RS can be used for unloads. Antares can be moved to DK space to load trains from the Dom'Kavash stations.
    Finally, you can make a new char, first get a VHF with it, do a DK rep and then buy a train. I did exactly that soon after DS17 went live.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• i sold my train, bought a VHF, made ultimate rep fix incl. DK bribe in Dervon, fixed the affiliation on Coalition, and finally bought a new train on the same char again.

beside this: my RS is now on DS17 as well to unload trains, it has more cargo space than the Antares and in the same time it can provide batts n bots.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• update (08.05.2017)

commodity needed amount to deliver amount left to deliver done in % trains left to deliver
    Artifacts

90%

Basic Alloy

52%

Construction Machinery

96%

Copper

100%

Optical Chips

60%

Optronics

79%

Polymers

100%

Ship Hull Panels

87%

Super Alloy

73%

Sum

81%

good job mates :thumbup:

Edited once, last by denne ().

• Hi Guy's n Gals :) I have 2 Train Loads of Artifacts @ DS 17 waiting 2 be Offloaded :)

:salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• Done with Help from Mercanario

• update (10.05.2017)

Artifacts

100%

Basic Alloy

95%

Construction Machinery

100%

Copper

100%

Optical Chips

70%

Optronics

79%

Polymers

100%

Ship Hull Panels

98%

Super Alloy

100%

Sum

93%

nearly done :thumbup:

with the current speed of train transfers we could have our first party in our new bar in the next few days :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by denne ().

• Hihoo mates,

with the help of Ajay we shipped today 2600 Basic Aloy and 10.600 Optronics. One Train is waiting for unloading with Optical chips which available today on Harris in Tau 31. Looks good to finish the update soon :)

Chars: Thomas_CF1, TL_01, TL_RC, TL_Trans, TL_BS

Edited once, last by Thomas_CF1 ().

• first upgrade, the bar: done

the party in the new bar will last for some hours

for the next upgrade, the equipment dealer, we still need:

Artifacts

1%

Basic Alloy

10%

Construction Machinery

2%

Copper

9%

Optical Chips

0%

Optronics

1%

Polymers

0%

Ship Hull Panels

3%

Super Alloy

0%

Sum

3%

Edited 2 times, last by denne ().

• yes

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This has been worked over by a group of people. Thanks to Denne, Dented_ship, LordRaydenMK, Wanderer, AZ09 and Requiem for moral support and/or adding their part to this.

Part I:

Dennzio Horatius Almany entered the commando room on GMG Observatory and a second later the smoke detector alerted. “You should stop this” said Danzel, the second in command of the Dark Phoenix clan, his head nodding into the direction of the Cardamine joint in Dennzios hand, “it could kill you”. Dennzio smiled “I hope it will. But with all our silly actions to rescue the galaxy over and over again i don’t expect to live long enough for that. Mr. Galaxy Ranger, what is it this time? What are the Dooms-aliens preparing now?” “I don’t know, what they plan. We are here to perform our very own new longtime mission. Everything is prepared and the Operator gave his GO. We are going to build a human station in Jormdar.” Dennzio smiled again “Good joke Danzel.”
    A GMG security guard entered the room. "Sirs, you have a visitor, he claims you know him. Wears strange uniform, face covered in scars". "Let him in" - the reply was, the guard motioned to someone outside to enter and stood at the doors. Trust was in short supply and the visitor in question apparently didn't earn enough of it - being a Coalition Intelligence Directorate junior officer.
    "Greetings, comrades" was the first thing Ivan "Ajay" K██████ said as he walked in. "Sorry that I'm late. I see the group is prepared." He smiled as he added. "Ready to the onslaught, ready for the fight."
    Other people present - including the guard - just sighed at the last remark.
    "Leave us alone" - Danzel commanded, and the guard left.
    "I tried to get some support for this operation." Ajay continued. "Unfortunately all my CO managed to get for this operation is a wing of Black Guard volunteers that are specifically to be kept in reserve. So all I have to offer is what we already had... but there is one more obstacle. May I?"
    Ajay walked to the holographic table and turned it on, displaying the system map in Jormdar.
    "I proposed earlier that the transmitters on the Savage and Dom'Nepesh stations are to be disabled. However, commander of CNS K-719 - currently in Jormdar - reports that the stations are live. If we will begin any big movements in Jormdar we might expect a counterattack from their heartlands in Boötes Dwarf galaxy. However, we have an alternative way of silencing their cries. Subspace signals are going through the Inner Core gates in Venn. K-719 can lock them out at that regeneration point and replace the messages with the contents of earlier messages."
    An image of Virginia class Liberty Dreadnought replaced the star map.
    "As soon as the group gets close to Jormdar gates, we will engage the radioelectronic warfare complex. It takes a lot of energy to block the signals, so K-719 will be unavailable. I need to be aboard the ship in order to engage this system, for all the frequencies and contents of messages are kept either on Stranger's board computer or in my otherwise worthless head. Which is why I won't be available for the start. However once the system is set, I will be able to join the expedition with the Stranger."
    The hologram changed into an image of another ship, this time a Basilisk-class VHF.
    "Is there anything else I need to know?", Ajay asked, the glint of the hologram casting greenish light on his face from below.
    Dennzio replied: "There is something I need to know: how you fools expect to establish a human base inside one of the deadliest systems? OK, we can go there, just as we do all the time. We shoot down some of their wings and battle groups, but having a base there means to provide a mountain of recources. Not only building that base, it needs dozens of full trains to deliver and ..." "Hundreds!" Danzel interrupted. "Even more crazy!" Dennzio said angrily and continued "What about our capabilities to defend this station?" He leaned back a little on his chair and took a deep breath of Cardamine. Danzel stood up, went to the holographic table and opened another file. The shape of a repair buoy was shown and he started to explain: "As you meanwhile know, we, the Galaxy Rangers, have some very mighty friends. They already helped us with the repair buoys. Did you never asked, why these buoys never got destroyed by the aliens? Did you never wonder, why they avoid to get closer to them? In fact the Dom'Kavash established supressing fields around the repair buoys, not very strong but enough to keep them away. You know that the Dom'Kavash are grateful for our alliance but they have the directive not to share any technology with other species. The Galaxy Rangers are an exception from this directive due to certain reasons i cannot tell you. And even if we Galaxy Rangers are not allowed to interfer in daily business of the humans, we were allowed to support this mision. I got the order to install an upgraded module for the supressing field around the new station. It will be powerful enough to make it nearly invisible for the surveillance technology of Dom Nepesh and Savages. But if they dare to come closer, maybe while chasing one of our pilots, they will face a nice surprize." Danzel smiled. Dennzio stood up and said: "Sounds like a plan. And everything is prepared?" Ajay and Danzel nodded their heads.
    "There is one more thing." Ajay said. "It appears that the group you gathered consists of freelancers and people from other clans. These people can be very lethal, but I don't suppose they do such operations regularly and with the same people. I myself am unaccustomed to flying in a big group, for example."
    "The point!", Dennzio demanded.
    "Coordination issues.", Ajay said bluntly. "Not something we can't overcome. However, we might also gain benefits from this. If this operation will be sudden - without an extensive preparation - our enemies will not have enough time to stop us."
    Ajay took a pause to pull a thermal flask out of his right inner coat pocket and sip some tea from it, then continued.
    "Of course, we don't know what other cards they still have in their hand. However I believe we have adequate counters in ours."
    Ajay's communicator beeped.
    "Baneblade's commander", he explained and put it to his ear, listened for some time, gave off a short reply in Russian and shut the communicator down. "I'm being recalled. I also have a briefing with my own CO and Baneblade's commanding officer. I might be unavailable for the start of this operation, but I will surely join in at one point."
    Ajay sighed.
    "I would never flakking forgive myself if I'd miss this party. Good luck, comrades.", he said, saluting, and left the room.
    Later, when the Stranger flew past GMG observatory, Ajay thought he saw Dennzio and Danzel waving to him in one of the station's windows. He waved back as his trusty Basilisk docked with the Hypergate.

Part II:

“Captain’s logbook of Dennzio Horatius Almany, 1. April 3017, on board of the Antares freighter |DP|base-builder. We’ve just finished the jump into the Inner Core system and head to the Venn gate. We got transmissions from there. Two of our Dreadnoughts will assist this mission. At the moment it is not clear, if a repair ship will walk along with them. The preparation lacks also another detail, we need trains full with different resources to construct the base. At least we have all basic materials here on board to build the first core. Logbook out.”

Dennzio leaned back in his chair, narrowed his eyes and said.“According to old traditions it is fool’s day. That fits well, i feel like a fool. Insufficient preparations ... and who the heck gave this ship this stupid name?”

Lt. Schulze answered: “Sir, it was Danzels idea. He said something like ‘stay optimistic and have fun’.”

“Yeah, that’s Danzels humour. There we go, again. Directly into Milkyway’s hell. And we should have fun? Schulze, have you seen this Coalition officer? He looks crazy enough to have fun here. Anyway, it’s just another job, not well-payd, but sometimes even a mercenary must fight for honor and glory. And for the existence of human kind and our allies. Blah. Bleeh. Blubb. By the way, where is Danzel? He is one of the masterminds behind this mission, but he left us very quick.”

Schulze replied: “Sir, i don’t know. I have heard something about a surprise he is preparing. Well, you know, Galaxy Rangers are full of surprises.”

“At least we can be sure that it will be a good surprise for us and a bad one for the Dooms. OK Schulze, i go for a small sleep into my cabin. Wake me up, when we approach the Venn gate!”

Meanwhile: Omega 3 system, Antares Armored Freighter Hans_Biernot
    Far away behind the expedition Group to Jormdar

"sir .. nothing on radar in Omega-3"
    "we are to late ? "
    "dont know Sir think they are heading to inner core "
    "Status ?"
    "operating on low Power level"
    "advanced systems ? "
    "not working..."
    "cloak..?"
    "not..working..Sir "
    "damn they give us a ship and half is not working"
    "whats about the new IFF system ?"
    "Not tested.. think if we are at Venn then the field tests shows us 3 weeks of working"
    "field tests ? if we are there and nothing works we are faster in hell then the others"
    " ok let the antares dock at hypergate change ship Id to (Fallen)hans_Biernot..so they can laugh about us before they kill us "
    "not funny sir "
    "shut up we are docking more we see on the other side "
    "Its a good day to die "
    Jump to Inner Core Sector finished....

"Ship operates at normal Limits ..Sir"
    "signals..? !
    "no .. the black hole blocks our sensors"
    "wait.. a weak signal far away cant target it"
    "All men on stations..Engineers work on our new systems or you will ride home with the warrior"
    " Engines powered up ... on cruise Sir "
    "keep distance between us and the black hole "
    "weak signal comes from a point near the Venn gate sir"
    "what is with IFF ? damn "
    "IFF powered up"
    "Friend or Foe ?"
    "dont look like bandits Sir looks like..... yes its the battlegroup far away but thats our friends "
    "Friends ? 1. i believe it when i see them 2. i have no friends here"
    "but Sir...?"
    "they are at the moment our allies for the great Plan... the rest we will see "
    "Ships are spotted sir 2 dreadnoughts many fighters and some freighters "
    "close up to the Leader |DP|base builder and contact him that we are in range and await orders "
    "copy that sir "

“Captain’s logbook of Dennzio Horatius Almany, 1. April 3017, 21:54 p.m., on board of the Antares freighter |DP|base-builder. We’ve just entered Venn. Lt.-Cmdr. Lucas Francoi of the |DP|dark86360-BS called me and reported some issues with the navigation system. I had to take the lead. We separated our fleet into 3 groups. The first 2 groups will be sent before the freighter convoy starts. We expect the usual resistance. Our fighters will deal with hostile fighter wings and our capital ships ... uhm ... Logbook out.”

Dennzio turned to Schulze: “I have no idea, what we do with our capitals. We are not here to fight battles, we just want to slip through the mess as quick as possible. We don’t even have a repair ship! The only thing our capitals are good for is to guard the area around the new base. However, maybe the destinated area needs some clean ups.” Dennzio opened the intercom. “To all ships. You have your orders. This is the time for your last prayers. GO!”

30 minutes later.
    Inner Core system.
    Near Venn gates.
    CNS K-719 Baneblade, the bridge.
    "I need reports on the power consumption!", Captain 2nd Rate Oleg Strakhov asked the bridge crew. "We need as much free power directed to the radioelectronic warfare complex as possible."
    "Comrade Captain 2nd Rate, with our current power distribution..."
    "I know. Power down weapon systems and engines", Strakhov nodded. "Keep the silence field up. Orders from the Intelligence specify, our help must be as hidden as possible until push comes to shove. Ajay, anything on our allies?"
    The lanky Intelligence man sitting at the comms control sighed.
    "See for yourself, comrade. They have two battleships and only fighters to support them. Though if anything they can raise enough fuss to make the enemy concentrate on them, ignoring the cargo carriers entirely. If battleship commanders and fighter pilots know what they are doing, they might not even need a repair ship."
    Strakhov let out a small laugh.
    "Just as I thought. Just in case, I'll raise Drachenfels to set up rescue operations", he said. "They are in place. Work your magic, boy"
    Ajay started opening interfaces of the radioelectronic warfare complex and entering long strings of codes.
    "Ready", Ajay announced. "Requests commander's authorization code".
    "Good. Now go. This thing will shut down the undocking operations - we need every kilowatt of power, so go now. I'll set it on when you'll undock. Stay online."
    "Yes, comrade commander", the scout pilot got up and headed away.
    "Give these aliens hell, Senior Lieutenant", Strakhov said as an afterword.
    "Stay safe, Commander", Ajay replied.

In the cockpit of CNS I-939 Stranger, Ajay engaged comms array. He quickly received a frequency of the DS17 group channel and connected to it.
    "All units, this is Ajay. I'm heading to your location."
    "Sorry man, we started without you", someone of the pilots said.
    "I am aware. Don't worry, I'll catch up", Ajay said as Stranger docked to Venn gates.
    The group reached Jormdar gates when Stranger appeared on their radars. The other side was a regroup point where humans could catch their breath and discuss further actions.
    "Okay, we're here. Group 1, prepare to move out!", Dennzio announced. "Ajay. You are moving with Group 3. Checkpoint is a Repair Buoy in Sector 6E. Group 1, go!"
    The group channel exploded into a number of voices, and Ajay sighed. However, soon Group 1 was engaged by a wing of Dom'Nepesh Gunboats in few Ks near the gate.
    Then, he did something very stupid.
    "Flak this, my comrades are dying there", he muttered, engaged cruise and announced, "Moving to assist Group 1, I'll rejoin Group 3 once it'll move out, over"
    "Group 2, go!", he heard as he cruised closer to the site of combat, and as soon as the target was in range, he dropped cruise and let Stranger's guns sing.
    Soon, the gunboats were down, but Group 1 encountered a wing of Dom'Nepesh Medium Fighters.
    "Group 3, go!"
    "Copy", Ajay said. "You people can handle these guys?"
    "No problem!"
    It still felt wrong to leave Group 1 behind. It felt even wronger when a Dom'Nepesh capital battlegroup appeared. But Ajay had his orders. Soon enough he was at the Repair Buoy, reading the scans of sensors and directing signals of escape pods to Drachenfels's bridge, hoping that they would last long enough to be saved by the solo operating battleship. One of these pilots was a Coalition military reporter codenamed "germes", and Ajay quietly swore in Russian when he discovered that.
    "Group 1, retreat and regroup!", Denne commanded. Some pilots of the group managed to survive. One of the battleships had to stay at the Repair Buoy due to sustained damage.
    But the transports were safe.
    "We have the last flight left. Groups 1 and 2, go!"
    This time Ajay kept formation with Group 3. It was the only thing that mattered now, and it needed protection more. Another fighter, a TSH pilot known as Tribbs, also joined Group 3. The Coalitioner didn't know that man much, but he was here, and that was enough.
    "Group 3, go!"
    Stranger's cruise engines started up again. Ajay kept his eyes on the scanners... until, in about 20K to the destination, a wing of Dom'Nepesh Gunboats appeared there.
    Nearly ten hits of Dom'Nepesh Cruise Disruptors all but wiped Stranger's shield as its cruise engines died.
    Well, this was why Ajay was kept in this group. He broke formation, returning to free flight, and turned towards the gunboats. Group 3 moved on while gunboats concentrated on Stranger. Tribbs also stayed behind.
    "I'll draw their attention, finish them off!", Ajay said into the commlink. Tribbs started attacking the gunboats, and in time, took them all out. By this time, the two were in 8K away from destination, and a wing of Savage fighters appeared.
    "We engage, before they see the transports!", Ajay said again. Apparently TSH pilot was on the same wave, and Coalition scout could appreciate that. Soon the fighters were taken out, and two human fighters rejoined the rest of the force.
    Where another trouble awaited.
    "Bad news, pilots. Some of the materials needed for the constructions are missing.", Dennzio said. "Mission failed."
    Silence reigned on the group channel for some time.
    "Not just yet!", Ajay broke that silence. "What exactly is missing?"
    "Super Alloys."
    "I need a list of these", Ajay continued. "I am going to raise my channels in the Dom'Kavash space. Maybe our other allies will spare us some... Yes! They are available on Smonkves Breeder in Crallard system! I'll be right back!"

Meanwhile: Pilot's Log of |DP|IC~Iguana.
    Jonathan Danger, the current pilot of the famed ship, |DP|IC~Iguana woke up one morning with a headache and a sore stomach. He couldn't remember a thing from the night before which was probably a good thing. He walked from his bed to the other side of the large room to check in on the current radio.

FORECAST TODAY: Usual Ion Storms are expected at the usual 7pm SST. These Ion Storms are known for completely destroying ships and trains. Bases suffer minor damage. Alerting all ships to stay away from these clouds. In other news, I...@(*&#@!^%... My news was disrupted by a universal announcement. I listened carefully.

"My Name is Dennzio, I am the current clan leader of the Dark Phoenix Clan." This I already knew
    "What the hell is Denne doing on the Radio?" I continued listening.
    "I along with another group of Freelancers and Clan members are making preparations for a short journey in the Inner Core sector. We are planning to plant a Base Core in the hostile system of Jormdar." My heart skipped a beat. "Building a base... in Jormdar?" He continued talking
    "This base Core has almost finished construction. All the supplies are in place and we begin journeying to the Inner Core now. All who wish to partake in such a dangerous situation. A current flash of adrenaline, my gratitude, and a place to call home in the confines of the hostile Inner Core. Everyone will be waiting at the Venn Jumpgate and we begin our journey now. All who wish to participate, must send me a Channel Message and meet up with our fleet in inner Core, our defend our fleets. There are no monetary rewards for this mission but you will be among side common friends in the Journey of a lifetime." I thought in my head for a second. "Friends? I made pretty much common hate between everyone except members of the Fallen Clan and the Dark Phoenix Clan."

I switched the radio off and decided to meet up with them. I launched from the rather clean docking bay to the open confines of space. My ship was powered on and all weapons activated to eliminate any common threats. I decided to check up on the bounties on my ship.

BOUNTY CONSOLE: Current Bounties today.
    (IOC)Wanderer has a 25 Million credit Bounty placed on him by [AS]Soul_Rookie. The bounty will last for ninety days. Happy Hunting
    |TSH|Tribbs_Punk has a 7.654.321 million credit bounty placed on him by (Fallen)Pinky. The bounty will last for ninety days. Happy Hunting
    |TSH|Boyster has a 7.654.321 million credit placed on him by (Fallen)Pinky. The bounty lasts for eighty two days. Happy Hunting
    (Fallen)Pinky has a 5 million credit bounty placed on her by |TSH|Boyster. The bounty lasts for twelve days. Happy Hunting.

"Wow someone's been busy,"

I then noticed, that |TSH| and (IOC) Were off helping Dennzio with the base construction.

"Cool. Bounties and defending against aliens. How fun."

I brang up the NAVMAP and created a waypoint to the Omega-3 System, home to a group of Zoners, some criminals and a secret GMG Installation.
    "Best bet is that they are probably there."

After a couple of hours cruising from Sigma-17 to Omega-3, I was stopped short in Omega-5. A Corsair Raiding group approached me after a successful raid. "Halt, stop your engines!"
    I immediately halted in response. "What do you need young pirate?" A short pause was initiated before they replied. "I see you have some gold in your hold." I replied back. "Yeah, this gold is needed for a base construction deep in unknown territory. You guys don't understand the importance." I initiated the Cruise Engines. Right before the engines were fully charged, they quickly disrupted it. "You're not going anywhere hotshot. We want that gold." My ship completely halted and faced them. "Well too bad mate, this gold was not reserved for you, and frankly you didn't buy it. So beat it before you lose your loot and your party!" No sooner had I said this, they immediately begun firing. I quickly swerved my ship to one side and quickly took down their leader with my Coalition Gattlings. After this had happened, the Corsairs began to run around in circles calling in Back-up. They weren't too occupied with me at the moment so I went on my merry way before more arrived. I chuckled. "Legionnaires.. trying to take down a fully equipped Iguana fighter. They need some proper education!"

I found the Jump Hole to Omega-3 right on time. It seems that the Back-up had finally found me. According to my scanners, there was a MaelStrom Battleship accompanied by five Titan Fighters, decked to the Brim with Corsair Technology. Normally, I would've stayed to chat but I was on a time frame. So I took the Jump Hole before they registered it was me. After a minute worth of bumpy rides and turns, I emerged into the System of Omega-3. My scanners picked up a massive energy signature to the South-West of the system. Most probably the Secret GMG Installation. I decide to approach the station. My journey took me out of the Rock Fields which disclose Douglas Station from the rest of the system and took me into wide open space. I could now clearly make out the Installation. They had a base connected to a type of gate and three huge cannons close by, defending the Installation.

I guess it's time to drop in and say hello to our dear old friends.

Meanwhile, Jormdar system.
    "Land Raider, this is Ajay."
    "Reading you loud and clear, comrade Senior Lieutenant!"
    "Listen here, comrade Sergeant Major. Head to Smonkves Breeder in Crallard. You need to obtain a full load of Basic Alloys, I'm sending you the list of sorts. Then head to Weth, where you'll forward me the direct control of your Antares. I'll get you to the destination myself."
    "Copy that."
    "There is another shipment coming in from Altair via New Hongkong Hypergate. We have a bet going on here that you outrun (IOC)Tantalus. Go!"
    "On my way!"

"Lieutenant Makarov, this is Ajay. We've got a mission for the Black Guard."
    "I hear you."
    "The IOC mining ship Bladerunner is heading to Inner Core with a shipment we need. The mission is to ensure it gets where its commander wants safely."
    "*laughter*Mining Ship? Inner Core?"
    "Desperate measures. There will be more fighters escorting it. A TSH pilot codenamed Boyster and a freelancer FLorien. Play nice with them, okay?"
    "*laughter* Don't worry."

Soon, the Core Module of Deep Space 17 went operational, and soon the decks of it became full of personnel, of Dark Phoenix clan arriving from their battleships, and Coalition emergency crews from Drachenfels. Triage station and medbay were set up immediately due to the losses sustained by Group 1. Most landing pads were taken by various small craft, including a pair of Basilisks, BGS I-114 Armata and CNS I-939 Stranger. The latter's pilot sat nearby in a makeshift control center, reading reports of the rescue teams and pilots.
    "Drachenfels's infirmaries are full. Baneblade is coming to assist...", he was muttering, surrounded in holograms and channels of several ships and units. "I'm sending all reports to Canteen when the encryption will be done. I have to talk about something here, this I'm going to tell him in person...", he said when he noticed incoming encrypted connection from Dennzio Horatius Almany.
    "Sir?", Ajay asked. "This missing supplies matter... I will have to ask some questions. Seems like we have a sabotage on our hands."
    "You dare..."
    "I do not accuse you or anyone else", Ajay said calmly. "You know, here in Inner Core I consider you, people of your clan and a large number of other people here to be my brothers in arms. And I know of other groups who'd be interested in the failure of this operation. Let me tell you of something..."
    Ajay sipped some tea from his thermal flask.
    "There is a person or group thereof that wants to destabilize the situation in Sirius and Altair, and we think the failure of this operation would be in their interest. After a number of recon raids together with a certain Smuggler lady, we discovered their connection to the Great Doms. And before that we found out, these people wield - or wielded - a notable power in The Order..."

Alert signals crashed into Dennzio’s ears and Schulze screamed “A SHIP UNCLOAKS 2K AWAY!” Tired and without much enthusiasm Dennzio gave the orders: “Full energy on shields! Set course on Sadurn jumpgate! Accele... wait ... what is this? A Ragnarök! Schulze, open a channel! ... Danzel, what the heck are you playing with our nerves?”

The frontscreen shows the smiling face of the Galaxy Ranger: “Hi boss. I’m sorry to interrupt your efforts here, but the news i have are worth it.”

“I hope so.” Dennzio sat back to the chair and continued “We have enough problems here. We missed some of our cargo hold needed for the new station. Why you don’t come here to share the news?”

“I cannot. Boss, let’s switch to a save channel.” Dennzio nodded to Schulz. After two handmoves Schulze nodded back.

“Before you begin, just a short summary of the current situation: We guess we have a saboteur among us. Ajay is behind something. Damn it! Sometimes he makes me nervous with his grasping view, has some crazy ideas about conspiracies concerning the Order clan. However, i cannot care about that now. What is it, why you are here?” asked Dennzio and Danzel explained “The Galaxy Ranger council is right now discussing once again about this action here and i’m afraid that the GR support will stop soon. I decided to come as fast as possible to help where i can. Moment ... i sent you a blueprint file. Have you received it?”

Dennzio nodded again and the GR started to explain: “As you might know, some years ago Dom’Kavash engineers found a way to completely neutralize any cruise disrupter missiles. And you know they normally refuse to share any technology with us. But, recently me and another GR had a chance to grab one of the blueprints and ...”

“You have stolen it from our allies?” Dennzio looked amused.

“I wouldn’t use that word. Let’s say the political divergences in the Dom’Kavash confederation distracted some security protocols and we were there in the right moment at the right place. However, me and my GR friend have analyzed the blueprint and found the physical principals simple to apply with human technology. We have adjusted some smaller details, you find the comments in the blueprint.”

Dennzio was already concentrated in reading the file. “Shtora-17[1] ...” he said “... sounds familiar. I like the number, nice coincidence.” and smiled.

“Yeah coincidence, sure” Danzel smiled too.

Schulze interrupted the smiling moment: “Sir, a signal on intercom. It’s a GR message.”

“Let’s hear what they have to say.”

Schulze switched in the intercom signal: “...xy Rangers! From now the topmost directive is fully active. I repeat. To all Galaxy Rangers! From now the topmost directive is fully active.”

Dennzio stared at Danzel. “What does that mean?”

“As i expected. The GR support stops now. Boss, i have to go. One last word: always watch your six!”

Letting Dennzio flabbergasted the GR closed the data transfer between his Ragnarök and the |DP|base-builder, cloaked and set course to Sadurn. ‘i hope he got the message’ he thought.

“Schulze, scan the area!”

“Sir, there is small cargo pod 20 meters on our six.”

Dennzio smiled. “Tractor it in.”

"So, as soon as sabotage was discovered all Galaxy Ranger assets were recalled?", Ajay asked again. "That's... pretty fast..."
    Then the Coalitioner gasped.
    "Flak my life!", he suddenly exclaimed. "They EXPECTED this operation to fail! It means, they either knew about the sabotage, or..."
    Ajay caught his breath and continued.
    "Whatever the 'topmost directive' is, I suppose it's something related to non-interference with regular human affairs. Still, that reaction time..." Ajay continued and remotely activated Stranger's intelligence complex.
    Some time ago, Ajay's fighter got equipped with a lot of various sensors, receivers, transmitters, jammers and other kinds of intelligence and counter-intelligence equipment. Ajay picked a secure transmitter and established contact with Baneblade.

To: Eastern Coalition Intelligence Directorate General Major Igor Evgenyevich Flyagin, eyes only.
    Message starts
    We appear to have an "Overwatch" scenario on our hands. Needs investigation.
    Message ends

"I still will probably take initiative into my own hands as well. There are a few places I need to visit and a few people I need to talk to." Ajay said.
    "However there is a trouble", Dennzio added. "The withdrawal of GR assets makes finishing the suppression field impossible..."
    Ajay gave out a tiny smug smile.
    "Well, the chief engineer of Drachenfels - who is working on Deep Space 17's power core - just reported that suppression field generator went online", he said. "You do remember I mentioned 'silence fields' that hide the battleships of Project Wolfpack? The silence field generator was reverse engineered from the repair buoy radioelectronic protection device. It is not an exact copy, we couldn't replicate the high-efficient internal power system."
    "So the top secret project of Dom'Kavash and Galaxy Rangers is long since in the hands of the Coalition?", DP leaser asked.
    "Not exactly... Only thing I managed to pluck out was the plans for the jamming device. It was a breakthrough for Coalition radioelectronic warfare anyway. We didn't have the frequency bank, so we had to observe the Great Doms' ships to determine the frequencies on which their sensors work. We didn't have the power core either, and the jammer - especially the copied models since we did make some substitutions - ate a flakking lot of it. So we added an on/off switch and hooked it into a battleship's reactor."
    Dennzio whistled.
    "What GRs have already provided was the power core", the Coalitioner scout kept talking. "Drachenfels sacrificed a secondary jammer to install on this station. I have downloaded a frequency bank off Dzerjinsky Military Academy. This kitbashed contraption apparently works, so by now it's nothing to worry about. But right now... Wanderer is going to make a run for Artifacts from Dras system. He needs a fighter cover."
    "I see.", Dennzio said. "Try to survive that one."
    "I will."

Footnotes:
    1) Shtora-17 is a fictional technology (based on real existing technology) to prevent hits from missiles. In the Crossfire Universe this technology doesn't really exist. But the game engine provided us a small trick that prevents players from getting disrupted (from cruise speed) by NPCs. The trick is well known by very most players. If you have never heard about it, try the following:

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Just a Little Update on the Needs :) 1 Train of BA and 5 Trains of Cu have been Delivered and Offloaded to DS 17 by (Fallen)Hans-Biernot and I. :) Oh Yeah also there are 2 Trains of Cu Waiting for Offloading :) That's all ...Tribbs...Out.

• first upgrade, the bar: done

for the next upgrade, the equipment dealer, we still need:

(update: 21.05.2017, 12:47)

Artifacts

1%

Basic Alloy

100%

Construction Machinery

42%

Copper

85%

Optical Chips

29%

Optronics

21%

Polymers

100%

Ship Hull Panels

53%

Super Alloy

22%

Sum

51%

Edited 4 times, last by denne ().

• table updated, nearly 40% of this important upgrade done. i don't know who all the assiduous train pilots are, but u make a great job, thank u :)