Questions, Discussions and Suggestions Mod Crossfire!

There are 163 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• VenkaPrime, Dear, are you familiar with the punctuation marks?) Difficult to read)

and 1 more thing why the enemy is move like really fast they are change so fast like 90 digress instantly direction you cant kill a enemy fast you need like 10 minutes to kill a enemy and when you shooting him some of the Dmg is not been take is a glitching game that cant be fixing why is not been fixing a lot of game can be fixing on this

and make easy to use to not have glitching when you fight with a army you cant win because they change the direction so fast you cant aiming good and you lose a lot of time because you fight whit them but you cant aim good on them because of the glitching that they have and they are like crazy

It's hard to start from the zero level. My advice to you: first trade about 2 million credits, making a neutral reputation. Everything is on the site how to do it. Then buy an eagle, 2 level 9 skyblasts (required + other weapons, until you get blasters or nomad cannons), a sunburst torpedo from Banshee in Frankfurt. Save money on missions, dress your ship with different equipment! Everything is on the site, what equipment you need. WIKI. Then it all depends on your flying skill in battle. Start with small missions and then bigger ones. And ask for help from the players on the server, I think they will not refuse you. ;)

• transportar cant dock in planets

Transports can dock on planets if they have a mooring fixture. Just dock to the mooring fixture and not to the docking ring.

and 1 more thing why the enemy is move like really fast they are change so fast like 90 digress instantly direction you cant kill a enemy fast you need like 10 minutes to kill a enemy and when you shooting him some of the Dmg is not been take is a glitching game that cant be fixing why is not been fixing a lot of game can be fixing on this

and make easy to use to not have glitching when you fight with a army you cant win because they change the direction so fast you cant aiming good and you lose a lot of time because you fight whit them but you cant aim good on them because of the glitching that they have and they are like crazy

Is this in MP? 'Cos that sounds like a bad ping issue.

Ajay, please tell me why you can't take missions from the Order?

*shrug*

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• hi all people the Freelancer Crossfire must be a logical game a transportar cant dock in planets really and can dock at small station but on big station like Shipyard cant not dock what is this what you want to do what is a different form big and small why you cant do like Freelancer Discovery there is good but there is that you can dock on the small station with a huge ship covering all the station but here and a planet is a hiuge station a planetari station how cant accep a transportar is so hard to do credit here and to buy a transportar that cant dock on big station com on

First off... a great choice of a username. x13 combo counter rocks.

As already mentioned by Ajay you can dock on the main planets using docking fixtures. There are selected shipyards which offer the same docking procedures.

And now to the logical explanation why we do stuff differently than in other mods.

1. Not all station models are designed to have enough space for mooring ports, this really is a matter of how the stations are physically designed by default.
    2. Yes, in theory I could add additional mooring ports but that leads to side effects such as NPC encounters starting to act differently and trying to dock there which in theory could even block the normal small fighter docks due to the layout of the station and the limited space around them. If you ever experienced how trains and transports block certain gates you would agree that the same situation should be avoided at stations.
    3. Comparing this mod with other mods is pointless since the structures and features of the mods are very different. In Crossfire we have a dynamic market which can lead to small price differences for commodities on stations which are relative close together. These price differences in certain regions of space are usually not big, but the huge cargo holds of transports and trains could lead to the situation where players exploit the market. This risk does not exist on smaller ships like fighters and freighters but it most definitely exists when using trains and transports.
      The types of stations which allow such large ships to dock are usually placed further away from another. This forces players to travel longer distances when trading but also increases the profit margin per trade run. But most importantly short distance trade exploits are less likely to happen.
    4. Forcing traders to take longer trade routes (as described above) also has the positive side effect that pirate roleplay can happen. It gives players which choose the pirate roleplay a chance to actually follow and engage trading players. With other word it is good for roleplay in general.

This sounds like an internet connection issue. You can check your connection with the ping console command. Most likely a packet loss somewhere between your PC and the Server is reason for that.

The question then to the Architect, about the impossibility of taking missions for the Order faction.

For missions to happen against a faction you would need to have enemy encounters in the area of that faction. I guess this would be exclusively Sol since order ships do not spawn anywhere else.

So for missions FOR the Order you would need to have an enemy faction. The only enemy factions the Order has are the Nomads and the invading Dom* factions and their servant races. Every other faction in the game is either neutral or friendly to the Order. In my eyes it really wouldn't be a good option to spawn any of the Inner Core factions in Sol, especially since it would conflict with the story.

For missions AGAINST the Order you need stations or planets with factions that are hostile to the Order. I have not seen such a location anywhere in the game. Additionally is the Order faction a faction which has hard coded limitations. None of the original storyline exclusive faction are compatible with story missions. There meanwhile are ways to change that (see missions against Nomads) but I guess the key issue remains that you need a station full of NPCs/faction hostile to the Order. That again would be Nomads, the invading Dom* factions and their servant races. And then the next question would be how you convince them to give you a job after non-stop killing them.
    factions

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok i understand that but my opinion is to let players to explore more about the planets i know that some stations is to small for big ships but you can make to reduce the tread on planets and let us explore and you can put on long distant planets to be more joy to tread i see you have stuff with reduce price but for me to be more good i like to explore planets i like the way it is the game but is one thing i dont like not able to dock on planets i am not say that to be with a lot of stuff with small price and go to tread fast credit you can do like small credit and sell with small credit if they want to sell big price but not a big price a good amount put in long distant like 150 jump or 200 jump when they do that they are active a long time on the game even then they have enemy on the road is going to be more hard like to be they can do max amount per day in all the ways to be like 5 mill on 12 hours or little bit more i dont know the way you want just on planets not say to be everywhere this is my opinion and will be good if you wish for

• For missions to happen against a faction you would need to have enemy encounters in the area of that faction. I guess this would be exclusively Sol since order ships do not spawn anywhere else.

So for missions FOR the Order you would need to have an enemy faction. The only enemy factions the Order has are the Nomads and the invading Dom* factions and their servant races. Every other faction in the game is either neutral or friendly to the Order. In my eyes it really wouldn't be a good option to spawn any of the Inner Core factions in Sol, especially since it would conflict with the story.

For missions AGAINST the Order you need stations or planets with factions that are hostile to the Order. I have not seen such a location anywhere in the game. Additionally is the Order faction a faction which has hard coded limitations. None of the original storyline exclusive faction are compatible with story missions. There meanwhile are ways to change that (see missions against Nomads) but I guess the key issue remains that you need a station full of NPCs/faction hostile to the Order. That again would be Nomads, the invading Dom* factions and their servant races. And then the next question would be how you convince them to give you a job after non-stop killing them.

factions

I understood you. Only I meant to take a job from Thrace Order !!! For flying into their base or station, they do not offer me JOB (Mission) I just read the news in the bar, but there is no work (mission)! I bought a reputation for the Order.

• and what I wrote explains that

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Okay, with the faction of the Order passed ... Although in my opinion, it was possible to make missions against the nomads, taking work from the Order.

Having damaged the reputation against the Order (by killing their ships and trading their capsules), you can buy it in one of the X systems. So everything is as it should be!

Question: Wives Kovash also want shoes or boots? 8) I think the message is clear: About the possibility of throwing (from spell to charm) equipment into space without loss!

Suggestion: 1) Perhaps I repeat, you have "dead" systems (Paradise and Kawash systems), you need to somehow "fill" them with players, attract them there for something useful.

2) Do group missions against nomad cities., Nomad battleships, Dyson's Orb and so on. Perhaps as events and somehow.

3) Based on the above (mining in systems that are not used) easy Craft of something useful equipment that cannot be bought for money !!! and so on to develop your mod.

• Question: Wives Kovash also want shoes or boots? 8) I think the message is clear: About the possibility of throwing (from spell to charm) equipment into space without loss!

Again, invoke the power of friendship or pay the price of solitude.

Based on the above (mining in systems that are not used) easy Craft of something useful equipment that cannot be bought for money !!! and so on to develop your mod.

Is in use on Clan Bases.

The docking of the jump gates in the Core is very poorly done ... While the docking machine does its job, they kill you ... Sadness ...

Don't dock when there are enemies around (or pop cloak). Don't try to fast dock.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Mounting cloaking device is a kind of crafting.

Yes, I expressed my opinion about the cloaca, and then what? What else can you craft without being in a clan?

I do not propose to go into complex programming or mod building, but to diversify this Excellent mod for gamers with something simple and entertaining !!!

Just offhand example: New shield / weapon power generator. In the mod, we have 10/5 levels of them, respectively - you can increase them additionally by X pieces (the architect's decision). Cruise engine for different ships and so on. You have the old timers of the server to have an idea of the development of the CrossFire mod.

Edited once, last by Alli ().

• The docking of the jump gates in the Core is very poorly done ... While the docking machine does its job, they kill you ... Sadness ...

If you Know the Front & the Back of the Jump Gates & you can Understand that if you fly through the Rear of the jump gate & hit Dock your ship will Auto Rotate this applies to All Ships when the ship passes the event horizon

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• Question: Why is there no guide, information or instructions (where and what to get) on Mining on your site in WIKI. There is a ship, and then think for yourself :):S8)

Omission of the Lord developers !!!

• why has there to be a guide for every little detail?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Why do you think that these are trifles and you shouldn't pay attention to it?

Let the old players make the guide so that the new player reads and chooses what he likes. For this moment is not given due attention on almost all servers and mods !!!

PS. Although it's up to You ...

Edited once, last by Alli ().

• Question: Why is there no guide, information or instructions (where and what to get) on Mining on your site in WIKI. There is a ship, and then think for yourself :):S8)

Omission of the Lord developers !!!

Crossfire - SWAT Portal .. check under Features .... if you will want to add there something, feel free to make suggestion :)

This basically sums it all up. Alli !!!!!! The ocean, land and space itself. Is where we go out into the unknown. Therefore space is exploration. So we take knowledge and skills we have and explore. We use that thing in our skulls and think. And as we progress, we find things out. The best way to go about things that are in front of us. Again same as our explorers in history. Were did they have books or people telling what to do. They had to work it out for themselves! The mods that advance freelancer are the same thing. Therefore the idea is to explore the vast systems and find things out as you go. What crossfire has in it. Is it !!!! We many have played it for many years and still here. There are aspects of it we like. Instead of constantly critizing it, and things you don,t like. Go somewhere else. Remember, it was still in the top 10 says a lot .And a lot of us are here still. The unfortunate problem we now have is poeple trying to change files etc to there liking. Which is breaches in some many places and legal breaches too. Has at the moment made it unstable.