Roleplay

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by |TSH| ***Tribbs***.

• GR will be kick me because I'm hanging in the Arena for hours

i agree

hanging in Arena for a hour. thats breaking the server rules. but its different time zone then you need to do AFK for waiting some one who has same pvp style. then we can enjoy some fighting

one day GR fine me 2 billion credits then ban my account in this situation. in the past i know many Fighters leave this mod because that. GR do their job but let think about that. i smell something thats personal here

• hi iv been thinking about this a bit myself of late but not sure it can be done maybe put in an like RP chat that can be seen in all systems and must be used maybe it will get too messy with RP in many different places but maybe it will help in other ways CF is lets face it far too big too many places of no use at all in a lot of ways but being able to see RP form all systems maybe it will draw other players out to them systems maybe helping clans to rp in game too this also may help new players ask things across systems so you don't feel so alone in the vast world of crossfire

also there's so many ships on here some really nice ones but pointless using maybe an across the board stat change to all ships so players start using ships that are not the same as everyone else just like is discovery all ships are pretty evened out there's no best ship use what you like in a set ship class then it comes down to skill of the players maybe making players need to use light fighters bombers battleships and cutting out everyone in a VHF that's the same everyone has i myself love bombers i use them in pvp a lot wen i played made them work for me one hit killing a lot of player with a skilled torp fire but they just cant compete to every ones vhf but i still had way more fun in them then i do in a vhf same ship as everyone else as its the only good ship there i totally know this is an impossible ask but its a much needed improvement making you need bombers to kill Battleships and things like that can massively help clans set out a rp system invasions taking out one bs as a flag ship with LF hf vhf bomber support or not sure about clan bases but making them killable for raiding clans only in a set RP event only to stop anyone just killing it

just my thoughts on this too much to ask for 100% but possibly needed in the long run of things

In the darkness you could hear the crying of women,
    the wailing of infants
    and the shouting of men
    Some prayed for help,
    others wished for death
    But still more imagined that there were no Gods left...
    ...And that the universe was plunged into internal darkness

• Wow

Not sure What to Say :)

So I will probably Go Off Topic :)

Why when I Tried to Fine a Pilot of RANK 100

did the MOD (Set the fine then Tell me that the Fine was too High ??)

Tell me Not Allowed ??

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• :salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• but thats true mate. same with New York sys, GR warning and punish me many time, grrrrrr. not only me, more player get same

Dude, when it comes to the Arena & New York, we are not supposed to do RP in there, which is understandable.

But, if you're now telling me that they will also kick/or ban us just because we decide to sit there for an hour, that's hilarious.

Arena, Coloseum and The Hive

These are event systems and are not part of the role-playing universe. Players can use these systems for training, testing ship configurations and taking part in events. Players should not use these systems to avoid RP or protect stores ships. Players within these systems (eligible to RP) must leave if another player wishes to RP with them. The player must exit in a timely fashion though not necessarily through the nearest exit.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• this is what GR did on me, and i saw they did to many another player

p/s dont smile, just listen

Do you see me smiling?

I am actually confused of the stupidity. The Arena is the only place where people as myself (PvP fighters) get to blow off some steam because there are no NPCs there and thus -> No Lag, unless someone is having a bad connection either intentionally or unintentionally. And that's because there is no more RP or at least almost nonexistent.

Until that changes, I am staying in the Arena. I will not engage in RP or interfere with any event there (I never did anyway), but I will PvP for as long as I want to and no GR can tell me otherwise, PvP is what I live for in Freelancer.

Believe it or not, I was actually thinking of returning back to the server these days, not to mention that there are still TSH tagged chars that I have to fix, but after hearing this... I'm now beginning to have second thoughts.

• What was what is and what Used to Be !!

But(& there always is One :) )

Can we Go to the Positive side ??

Let us all Try to make things Better ?

Can We Do This Small Simple thing ?

(a Bit Like a Tribble Realey ):salutes

:00000156::00008674::00000156:

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes

• Hey Iliyan, I am GR and will not kick or fine anyone in arena unless they are being nasty and causing issues to other pkayers.

Then... what is Thanhrui talking about? Someone has to come clean about all of this because if they did really start kicking people off just because they've decided to be there for more than an hour, I would like to know.

Hope to see you in there again sometime, look forward to a few more battles with you :)

If you want a fight, Dented Ship, you know that you can always expect me there. ;)

• Example 1:

I log in the game and I am in the mood for PVPs. I set course for Arena, I reach the Arena system and I wait > 1hr for other guys to join me in PVPs.

Example 2:

I log in the game and I am in the mood for PVPs. I set course for Arena and along the way I mess with other people - tax, kill, etc... I eventually end up with a bounty on my head and with Police and/or Mercs chasing me. I reach Arena system and I sit there > 1 hour waiting for other guys to join me in PVPs.

Example 3:

I log in the game and I am in the mood for PVPs. I set course for Arena but along the way somebody places a bounty on me and A merc pursuits me for the bounty. I reach the Arena system before the merc can get close to me, and I sit there > 1 hour waiting for people to join me in PVPs.

In which situation am I breaking the rules?

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• i think it's all about vhfs me i like battleships the only place they have is inner core if not in a clan i think they should be harder to kill so other players have to join forces i mean it's a battle ship right and yet a single vhf can take it out so easy makes no sense to me look at any syf film and you see a lot got at it make it harder just my thought has a battleship lover

:00009069:

• Thanks for picking on it, Wanderer. I will elaborate on #3 and #1.

What if I have no clue that I am being chased as my pursuer, for obvious reasons, doesn't state his/hers intention.

All I know is that someone placed a bounty on my ass. In this I must avoid Arena and postpone my mood for PVP till either expires or someone tries to claim it ?

Things get complicated if I am a known criminal or a police officer.

By camping Arena I am denying the other players that carry opposite license than mine from exerting their role. But for this, we have the Arena rule:

These are event systems and are not part of the role-playing universe. Players can use these systems for training, testing ship configurations and taking part in events. Players should not use these systems to avoid RP or protect stores ships. Players within these systems (eligible to RP) must leave if another player wishes to RP with them. The player must exit in a timely fashion though not necessarily through the nearest exit.

But, what if I just want to PVP all day ?

If I am a known pirate (*cough* ThanhRui *cough*) chances are that I will be denied this activity quite often. The same goes if I am an asshole cop and every pirate wants me dead, but they can't while I'm in there.

According to the Arena rule, I am supposed to stop what I am doing and exit the system whenever another player sends some nice mother related compliments over the com, expressing RP intentions. Maybe such kind of scenarios might have led to the events described by ThanhRui.

And this kinda messes up the Feng Shui, because I'd like to be able to have a break from RP while shooting disruptors at ThanhRui all day without giving a phoque. On the other hand: if I seek shelter in the Arena while being engaged in a RP activity, I am avoiding RP, therefore breaking the rule.

I think that there is a fair chance we will have this discussion again in the future, especially when there's going to be more players, unless we agree on altering the Arena rule to accommodate the players that just wanna PVP.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited once, last by LancelotOnCrack ().

• LancelotOnCrack has a good point.

I was actually about to ask the same thing because the only reason for kicking people off the Arena is in case someone is engaged in a RP scenario and thus they won't use the system for a hideout.

However, in case some random player decides to place a bounty on someone that means that he/she is forced to avoid the Arena? Or if someone is already in the Arena and a random player puts a bounty on him/her he's/she's now forced to leave the system?

I don't know about you all, but I personally hate things that are forced upon.