Let it snow

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• I see that it's snowing on the forum. It' a pleasant effect and nicely seasonal for many of us in the northern hemisphere.

It gave me a moment of confusion, though.

Where I am (a couple of hours' drive NNW of Tokyo), the weather forecasters have been suggesting that some snow might not be too far off.

Right now I'm using a laptop set up with a large window behind it, and when I logged into the forum and encountered snow I did a double-take of sorts: I had to check to confirm whethrr I was looking at the PC screen or the window onto the yard.

• LOL!

That's what nighttime temperatures are sometimes like here in mid-summer (in a city that has several times set a record for hottest temperatures in Japan).

I did have folks like yourself living in the warmer parts of the northern hemisphere in mind when I said

nicely seasonal for many of us

..."many" but certainly not anywhere near "all".

Enjoy the warm weather; I envy you...at least, I do now when it's cold here.

You might find it interesting that any night here in Japan with a temperature of 25 Celsius or above is considered a "tropical night" by the meteorological agency. Such nights used to be fairly rare, but have become increasingly common in the last decade or so.

• Well, about -5 here, but it's rather unusually warm considering where "here" is.

There already is snow though. And IIRC temperature did go below -20 C in November.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Enjoy the Christmas BBQ!

For a while, I was seriously considering buying a house in New Zealand, keeping my house in Japan, and spending the warm half of each year in the appropriate hemisphere. Various life issues caused me to revise my plans, but I might still do that eventually. NZ is a beautiful country, and I have friends there, so an "endless spring/summer" might still be in my future.

• Merry Christmas everyone i may not be online over xmas as im away with family but hope all has a good one good time for some drinks ( top shelf hehehe )

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!

• The local weather forecast said:

"White Christmas? Are you kdding me? We are in the middle of global warming. Get used to it!"

So I thought... yeah "F you... Ill make it snow" Thats the Xmas spirit.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This week should be in my country in middle Europe +11 :thumbdown:.... so it's really nice to have some here :) :thumbup:

I really do not like such bad winters which are alas getting common :(

• And we are getting the snow here like in February, it's rare now to see snow in december. :D

I am not a fan of bad weathers either, especially when the snow melts and on the streets it's all wet and muddy (I dislike that a lot), however... the snow is so beautiful. Especially if you're in the mountain (and not in the city) in some nice cabin where you can enjoy it to the fullest. ^^

• Iliyan, around where I live it also now snows around February if at all.

When I first came to the area in the early '70s, a white Christmas was entirely possible.

just the other day the temperature in Tokyo was around +20, very unseasonably warm, surprising and even dismaying us old-timers.

This forum snow might be the only snow I see this year.

• I am not a fan of bad weathers either, especially when the snow melts and on the streets it's all wet and muddy (I dislike that a lot), however... the snow is so beautiful.

IKR, that's why I prefer it when it's colder. Like, about -20 C cold.

Usually snow lasts from November to March here, let's see if anything changes this year.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Iliyan, around where I live it also now snows around February if at all.

When I first came to the area in the early '70s, a white Christmas was entirely possible.

just the other day the temperature in Tokyo was around +20, very unseasonably warm, surprising and even dismaying us old-timers.

This forum snow might be the only snow I see this year.

Ha... yeah we are also having warm winters, but when it comes around February it gets cold as f*ck with a lot of snow, we used to have awesome winters before... snow and everything around November - December, but not anymore. Though I expected to be snowy in Tokyo this time of the year... the Elite (who controls the world) really messed it up for us.

IKR, that's why I prefer it when it's colder. Like, about -20 C cold.

Usually snow lasts from November to March here, let's see if anything changes this year.

When it gets to -20 here, it's awful, probably because we are not used to such cold weathers due to the fact that we have all 4 seasons here, but I guess you're used to these type of temperatures over there in Russia. :D

• signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i love this snow theme on the website very festive lol

snow in England will be about February lol would love to have a snowy xmas on the day but nope lol next year going to new york me and my girl so will be a real xmas

╔┓┏╦━━╦┓╔┓╔━━╗
    ║┗┛║┗━╣┃║┃║ 0 0║
    ║┏┓║┏━╣┗╣┗╣╰╯║
    ╚┛┗╩━━╩━╩━╩2019?

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Anonymous.

that in war,

the Way is to avoid what is strong,

and to strike what is weak.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, irritate him.

Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

big up to all creators of this mod

Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3803.19 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR ( specs of my PC )

Never Judge a Book By Its Cover

If i help you make sure to say thank you cause if don't then don't ask me for help show some gratitude!!!!