Lost Fleet update

There are 241 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• Yes, it is true.

I intend to release a somewhat bigger update to Crossfire 2.0 in Q1 2019.

The main focus of this update will be the Sol Sector and the so far made discoveries of the bonus missions (already in the game).

That means the new update will contain a bunch of new systems, story content, (a) new faction(s), new ships, new stations, new types of natural space objects and of course new equipment.

The development has started but certainly will take a few months.

It will be an update to Crossfire 2.0 and therefore distributed via launcher.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes I'm so looking forward to this sounds great I'm definitely hyped keep up the good work OP Thank you!!!

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• There is so many questions open with Sol sector (side quest), I really look forward to see if there will be also some answers :)

... I'm also curious if these descriptions put into wiki for Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti will fit or not :)

• This all sounds great OP

good to hear it's so close - been waiting for this. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• That got me curious.

Hopefully there will be a reason to visit Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti more than once other than just for sightseeing after this update.

Also, my headcanon about Epsilon Eridani was somewhat different. Mainly that Nomads used that system as a base of operations against mankind long before the Sol was lost. But that's just my headcanon and matters little.

Aside from that, I'm holding my breath for any more info about this update. (And probably future updates regarding Canis sector, because as of now it's just a bunch of empty systems)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• there is a suggestion thread somewhere here on the forum

not too late to use it

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• When a crayfish whistles Once I'll get enough inspiration to actually cobble together something worth publishing.

Which actually might be soon.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• I recently got a friendly reminder on Discord... well... more of a question when this update will be released.

Back in November I announced the update to be released in Q1 2019.

The plan itself has not changed eventhough I can not make any promises and actually dont want to make any promises about a release date.

I have always released content when the content was ready.

In case of Crossfire 2.0 the release delayed by more than a year because of difficulties and redesigns.

Dont worry... I dont intend to delay anything that long. Infact I aim to release the stuff as soon as possible.

However, since my announcement on November much has changed.

The initial plan to release a relative small update turned into a somewhat bigger project.

You probably might have checked my image gallery. The small faction that I intended to introduce got a complete new set of station assets. Originally I intended to use assets which are already in the game but the more I thought about the purpose of this new faction the more I realized that a specific new style is needed.

With other words additional modeling and texturing work kept me busy.

On top of that do we have a good amount of feature request and bug reports that I would like to address with the update aswell.

Oh and of course our lovely Windows 10 1809 crash problem.

Lots of additional work that originally was not planned.

So a release might happen in Q1 or it might happen a few weeks later. Right now it is hard to tell how much time I can spend and want to spend on modding work.

Actually I spend every day a few hours on it but... yeah... I also have a RL job and need some time to relax bit (I dont want to work all the day like I did with CF 2.0).

I know you guys are waiting for an update.

At least I want to use the opportunity to talk about why your patience is worth it.

When the Coaltion/Alliance war broke out the Coaltion started a surprise attack against military bases, civilian fleets and Alliance battlegroups located at the outer Sol system. The very first attack completely destroyed the Italian and French fleets at Fort Kennedy around the Jupiter moon Europa.

The inner Sol system fell under Coalition control and the Alliance had to retreat to Titan.

As we know from Freelancer, the war raged on for ~100 years, which means that the Alliance managed to survive a very long time... probably even gained enough territory to rebuild lost fleets.

We also know that the Sleeperships which reached Sirius were not the only ones launched when the Alliance finally was defeated.

With the Lost Fleet update I intend to bring back France as a faction into Crossfire.

Not as a major faction but as a barely surviving part of the past.

The faction survived the Nomads but got stuck in a dangerous region of space. With almost no resources this faction struggled to rebuild and expand.

No resources, no way to go back, no way to move into new regions. Their situation: desperate.

Their stations and ships are rust buckets trying to defend the very little that is left of humanity (from their perspective).

It felt wrong to use already existing assets so I had to create new stuff which visually fits the situation of this faction.

This also involves detail changes such as station interiors which of course have to look old, rusty... damaged. Even stuff like the look of NPCs had to be adjusted.

This is not an ordinary Sirius Sector faction... this has to be looking different.

Thats why everything takes so long.... much longer than originally expected.

You might have noticed that I did not mention a faction name yet.

That is because I don't have one. To be honest... I dont want to call it Gallia (yes of course that is the most obvious name).

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sounds all too good, mate.

How about Burgundy ? Main commodities being: wine, pain au baguette (:D), pâtisserie, cabaret show girls.

Jokes aside, even though I am not 100% familiar with the current version's new systems, I am eager for what you are baking there :)

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited once, last by LancelotOnCrack: typo ().

• show girls maybe... for everything else might turn into a resource problem for that faction

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I would like to add Op, something thats been said here many times through the years. Its far better to get it right the first time, then returning to keep fixing it.

Patience is the reward. Only you know the right time to launch it the update properly. Your hard work is Appreciated.:sekt:

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,