Hello everyone

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AZ09.

• My name is Brian - aka Synaptic Flow in my electronic music making and DJ life. I'm a new member as of today and wanted to say hello.

I'm a lifelong shmup fan and have playing them for years. I enjoy various other types of videogames, but anything involving a spaceship
    just always felt like what videogames were meant for.

Until recently, I hadn't played a space simulator type game in ages. I can't put my finger on the exact year but I want to say somewhere
    the mid 90s. I remember buying a red and blue flightstick made by Interact, but I have no memory of what games I was playing. I guess
    that means they weren't too noteworthy. After a few months, I was done with that type of gaming and stayed focused on my shmups and
    whatever else I could find to enjoy.

In the past few months I started seeing mention of several new space simulator games. I was happy to see their return even though my
    experience and knowledge with them was quite limited. I just know it was something that I was ready to embrace this time.
    I started researching some older games because I don't have a great computer right now. That's how I stumbled upon games like
    Freelancer and Freespace. I had heard of them in the past; even seen their boxes on the store shelves, but never bothered with them.

Imagine my amazement when I found out about Crossfire and various other amazing mods that people have slaved over to upgrade these
    games to modern standards. I knew I was about to be in for a really cool experience. I have Freelancer and Freespace 1 and 2 waiting for
    to explore them.

So I'm here today about to undertake this space simulator journey for what truly feels like the first time. I'm waiting for my flightstick
    to arrive and getting my computer neat again. Then I will be ready to launch.

I've messed around with Galaxy On Fire on my android tablet and found it to be fun. I can't wait for a full fledged PC experience that will
    blow that one away.

So greetings to you all. I hope to see you in space someday!

• Welcome aboard, Synaptic! Glad to see you here. Enjoy the world of Crossfire and while you wait for your parts spend some time reading through this Portal and the Wiki. There are loads of information that will help you get started as well as tips on where to start first when you are ready. This game has both SP and MP. Right now MP is in Beta/Pre-release testing so one has to contend with the interruptions that will occur while the bugs are ironed out. SP on the other hand is fully ready to give you hours on top of hours of enjoyment and exploration of the vast Crossfire Universe. It is strongly recommended to play SP and follow the storyline as the best way to get the basics down. Hope to see you in MP when you are ready.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Hello Brian, welcome :)

.. for play Freelancer/Crossfire you need only keyboard and mouse from controls. :)

• howdy

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Welcome M8 and hope you enjoy Singleplay as well as Multiplay as much as we/I do.
    ! But be warned ! : HIGHLY ADDICTIVE :bhaha:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thank you all! I absolutely plan to read, learn, and then take on the single player campaign of the game. After that I will try my hand at multi-player.

From these forums and other sites, I have learned that people call an un-modded version of a game "vanilla" Imagine that. Ha ha.
    I have seen recommendations that a first timer start with Vanilla. I may in fact go that route. If nothing else, it will help me fully appreciate the
    great deal of changes and work that has been put in by the modders.

ps: I'm still trying to learn my way around this site. I didn't even know that people had replied to me. Maybe there's something I need to change
    in my profile settings. I'll look into it.

• I've started out playing CF in 2006 and never played Vanilla before. I jumped on the server and was involved in the MP action right from jump ;)

Later on I have given the SP and Vanilla version a try, but mainly just to make some videos. (which I will probably go back to do)

I wish you lots of fun, regardless of single player, multi player whatever version you chose to play :)