Crossfire 2.0 Tests

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Before somebody writes "me! me!... pick me!" The tests will be done by the dev team only.

We are at the point that all major topics for the CF2.0 development are completed and this week ive spent my time preparing the release of the mod.
    The mod however was tested mainly in singleplay so far.
    We did some online test months ago and the mod ran stable but Id like to do some final online tests before the mod can be released.
    I also would like to use this time preparing all the settings and testing the new server software.

So in the next few days the CF server will be used for such tests and might not be available to you.
    When we are doing tests it will appear as CF2.0 test and when the tests are done CF1.9 will be available to you again.
    The test certainly will last a few hours per day ... you can use the rest to play.

We have to do these tests now since we are a bit under time pressure. If everything runs well you will get CF2.0 in 1-2 weeks.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Crap timing
    My inet just died

New hardware will arrive monday

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well can't get any worse than this ..only better :D also more time = better preparation is the way i'd see it has :eeeek:

Now i take pills should i be worried? :brainsnake:
    Now I walk through to the other side
    Former life a memory
    Everything inside is amplified
    :bscared:

• I'm no more patient, probably, than the next guy.
    Nevertheless, I'm very happy to see the responsible, thorough, craftsman-like approach of getting the new version as ready as possible before release.
    I'm very eager to see and play 2.0, but I'm content to wait until the devs feel it's ready.
    I'm sure that it will have been worth waiting for.

• Hello everybody,

Im here in the wrong topic i guess but still.
    I played 1.8 last time, wanted to start playing again, but 2.0 in couple of weeks.
    My question, what will be transfered from our chars into 2.0 except money?
    In 2.0 we have to explore systems from start?
    I probably should w8 for 2.0 and then start play.
    Tnx in advance for your answers

• Hello Cr0x, there is not planned char wipe, so if your char(s) exist now (1.9) then you can fully use them (included moneys)

• Cant get worse?
    New hardware will arrive monday but i meanwhile got the chance to test it and the prob must be somewhere else
    A technican will look into it on tuesday
    Still there is no guarantee that it will work

Right now no further work can be done on the mod and the available testing time was very limited before this mess already

This time is wasted and could mean that we have to delay the release by several weeks in worst case

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hope for the best, expect the worst ... Murphy's law works worldwide ...

• This may be a silly question OP, but why are you under time-pressure? The community has waited long for this and i am sure they can wait 1-2 weeks more than expected. do not rush it please. take your time and prepare it well and with a bit of luck you can release it at 31. august :D

• Hi guys,

me again :)
    I just wanted to create char with name "Cr0x" and it says there is already a char with this username on server.
    Can it be that it is my old char few years ago?
    If it is, is there any possibility to re-activate it or smth, im little bit confused about this.
    Would appreciate some help ?
    TNX

• Best laid plans of Mice and Men..... Electronic gremlins have always interfered at the most inconvenient times. I believe the community knows these kinds of thing can and do happen and they are out of our control. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Lets say it this way
    I have to plan what i am doing, how i am doing it and when i am doing it.

Delays mean major problems

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @ CrOx

Yeah, seems that your char went to "stasis§ and is still there.

Any chance, that you might have written down your old account number ??? (If not, it would be a good advice to do so next time you create an account ;) )

Other than that, perhaps a polite requesting OP - after CF 2.0 release - might be a way to "resurrect" this char.
    Until then you will have to create a brand new one, perhaps using the 0(number) instead of O(letter) or numbering them : CrOx1, CrOx2, .....

Oops, not that I want to push you as a certain, german, mask wearing musicans groupie :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well, still no inet
    This will take longer

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok, thats the situation

i still have no i-net at home and currently can only be online from my office PC or mobile phone atm (which clearly is no joy)
    There is absolutely no known timeframe when i get i-net back (since Telekom refuses to call me back or to tell me whats wrong; and practically every promise they made so far was broken)
    so... I might be back online next week.... or next year

In the next 3 weeks Huor can not work on the server software and since we could not do the online tests so far we have some minor problem now.
    So right now we only have the choice to wait with the tests until i can go online again.
    Huor offered to provide the server software as it is so we can at least test its current state.
    That means we can at least log the errors and test some settings.
    If we encounter bugs or crashes we certainly have to deactive some components until they can be fixed.

Personally I am a bit worried about all the new settings since alot stuff is meanwhile highly dependent on the mod settings and require that I do final changes on the systems. I need to figure out how everything works first before i can really say how much still needs to be done.

The mod itself is ready (singleplayer wise). Its working fine, has been cleaned, optimized and prepared for release.
    You can expect that the download file will be 2.5-3GB big (depending on the final compression method that we will decide for).
    The installer for the mod has been improved and actually is ready aswell.
    The mod comes with several new tools.
    1. The CFNoHud tool (which also was in CF1.9) -> the new version will be working better
    2. Crossfire Maps - a small tool that displays the sector maps
    3. Crossfire Widescreen Fix - this will apply an alternative Widescreen mode and a correction of the aspect ration in cutscenes (but in most cases the normal widescreen mode should be enough)

CF2.0 comes with a new launcher version.
    Unfortunatly I discovered some bugs 2 weeks ago. Utrack already tried to do fixes but its still not working as intended. Since he has not been online for a week I have to assume that he is in similar troubles like me.

As soon the last launcher issues are fixed and the online test are done (so i know which final changes need to be done to the mods systems) the final release installer can be compiled and uploaded.

Features like the dynamic economy will be activated by me short after the mod release.
    Features like the dynamic universe (which I want to re-introduce) will be activated 2-4 weeks after the release.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,