"Crossfire Sux"

There are 16 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RTH53.

• Hello, stumbled upon this trailer YouTube

and, upon this page /v/lancer Wiki

"If you enjoy the color purple, we have a nice article about another mod full of feechures and quolotee and emhurrshun called Crossfire."

"Ok, like, Crossfire.
    It sucks shit. No really, it does, these guys are actually
    jealous of Discovery, that's how bad it is. We can't really say what
    parts of it are that bad, but let's just sum it up with a few things.
    Purple, insane admins (not the good insane, like the actually insane),
    horrible textures, bad design. They're the mod that /v/lancer stole the
    least from, but they're the mod that's the most angry. If there's
    anything good to say about them, it's that they are no Tegaki's Treasure
    or whatever."
    So... why this hate against crossfire i wonder?

Files

• asd.png

(433.11 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )
    • 600px-Purple.jpg

(15.98 kB, downloaded 16 times, last: )

Shroud Fanboy

• It was one old thieving attempt to steal Crossfire stuff (and not only from Crossfire) from 2010 ... simply guys which thinks that can take whatever want without facing consequences ... well, they were not only ones which learned hard way that such things can have consequences.

• we got these guys and their mod banned from all FL communities and mod websites after they stole content from crossfire

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Lol, jealous of Discovery, big joke :D
    Jealous for what...?
    They are different mods. Crossfire don't try to be Discovery.
    Discovery is Vanilla with more systems and ships, Crossfire from other side is like new game, sequel of Vanilla with good old Freelancer engine. Storyline, better graphics, more sectors. Comе on! Inner Core, far away from home systems in middle of galactic, we have creatures from other worlds hardest than Nomads (my first thought was "this is sooo cool") place for mass campaigns vs hardest NPCs. And one big thing, this is balance game. All is skills (has no best fighter) you can't have fighter with biggest hull, more agile from others, with biggest cargo (for fighter) and to be immortal (btw i don't know for balance for fighters in Discovery, because i've never played this mod).
    I see only one reason to play Discovery - if you want to be untouchable for fighters, buy BS and you will be "immortal". The dream of BS fans.
    And this scums who stole from hard work of other people, and then spit on job of this people this is disgusting. No matter Crossfire, Discovery or any other mod, some have ideas and realised this ideas in mods and their work have to be respected. For us regular players we have to choice who mod to play. I made my choice. :)

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

• IMHO the main difference between crossfire and discovery is that the faggotry in crossfire is very limited, while discovery has unlimited faggotry but that is what i saw.

but i wonder why crossfire has like 13 players a day while discovery has 90. very strange.

• its pretty simple

if you have no knowledge about the mod and the servers and see one with 20 players and one with 100 players

which one would you probably decide for?
    the one with 100 players of course seems to be more attractive because many other players are there so it must be better than the other server
    and so ... the server with 100 players got the next player joining it
    thats human nature

that how many very good FL modding projects died

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well I for one tried Discovery just to see what it was like, and after spending about a day or two there for the sake of giving it a fair shot, I quickly realized that imo Discover sucked. It lacked EVERYTHING that I love about Crossfire. The community there was horrible, everybody expected something in return for even the smallest bit of help. The graphics were about as vanilla as it could get and therefor sucked. And the amount of systems, quests, and overall extended storylines it had was very very lacking with no real endgame goal, something Crossfire excels at. Even the station building feature it has sucks because its very much not worth all the effort it takes to make and maintain one.

I would like to quickly say that I am not posting this for the sake of dissing on Discovery or anything, this is just my own opinion on something new that I felt like trying out. Other people may or may not think the same thing as me.

• Personaly, for having tested & played most of FL Mods (and get 99 problem but that glitch ain't one), i have spending many many time exploring, doing shit with AI, light effect, physics, and polygon (Yup i'm Dev & Mod student :P ).

I started with small mod and go further with rebalance or addin content mods an finally with full conv mod. DSC give me fun on SP lot of new stuff and system, i liked the unique material & ship of each new "nation" but most of quests are very linear, not a problem for me, but the darkest hour was when i go MP, play 10 m and ... OH GOD WTF HELL here, suprem bastardministrator was here, every (RP)Trader try kill you as soon as you're not in core systems, like (supposed) diplomatic players, and don't hope server policeman will help you if you don't have money or friend to trade (like a smell of ussr here).

NSU,SWWT and co was cool for ship and Star Wars/Trek/Gate Fan, but even if i'm fan of those universe, i see just things randomly implemented, writen, and textured with feet (Planets & Starcities level : Epileptic), fight are just totally unbalanced (huuuh Atlantis Spaceflyin city incoming,mm'okay get my ass outta here... wait did that pixeledshit kill me at 13k with laser shot?!)

Vlancer (oh god i say it) was like the deepweb of trolling, like the other the storyline was altered but here, wiped, mixed with other universe, but here with no other explanation than guy who came from eve online and go away after changing all solar sytem economy faction and ... who care! for every question, no rp yay but less rules than a arena server, and creepy troll everywehre, Hi-low combined texture effect and ... OKAY RAGE-UNINSTALL that and send it to blackhole... one does not simply quit Vlancer Its jumpgates are guarded by more than just mod-rascists there is idiots there that does not sleep, and the great Troll is is ever watchful...

And finally after all this adventure get CF start SP and was like "ho... something not normal...yeah jacobi and that... wait What?!" OMFG so cool trent, so High quality rooms planets :) go to spa... Whoaw by the wormholes is this realy FL ?
    At this point i understand the origin of all HD effects, scenery and good designed ships and stuff, explosion effect... so i play 2 month day & night, enjoy secondary good quests easter eggs.

So what i can say now is that many critics modmaker just say CF is jealous of thing CF created or think about (Oo), are just freaks they dunno how to mod and think FL is a nextgen MMO or a trollmod lab, but that's not... CF respect FL content and addin ton of stuff, a suite of the basic story like a sir, and also a deepimprovement of sp, even after ending mainquest, and the community (yep i never post was so busy by work and study, but i read you for 2 years) was usefull, organised and innovative, so that i have not again go deep to the MP (your SP give me many ideas and modding tech too, so i begin to create my own mod).

Just dont worrie about weirdo who does cheated shits and be proud of ur work and community bro's

• THX for your lenghty, inspiring and obviusly :well funded review on FJ mods and CF in special.

All the best with your own mod. Hope you share with us with what you come up.
    (Some input of friendly critics by some CF experienced might help you ;) )

Oh, and when you got some time : roaming the CF-universe online can not only
    provide you with some info
    but also
    with
    a damn awfull lot of fun :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I didn't even know /v/ guys actually got to make a mod work. ( I heard they tried though. )

Normally /b/ fellows (and everything "/ /"s ) couldn't even count to 10 in a thread. Evidence: -> 4chan tries to count to ten

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 3 times, last by Michael ().

• you hardly can call it a mod

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 3oris: In 2.0 you could add whole new story/universe part :) if you like such modding.

• @ Michael and OP

Well, yeah, they - or as they say on their "wiki" (google it if interested, they really made one up) mainly this X/ guy pastaspace - managed to put something together, that's playable, even though some of its advertized features don't work.

Tried only a bit of SP, since I wasn't fond of their ... kind of language they (ab)use. I found it below mediocre : a silly balancing of weaps and esp. flying, far from any "FreeLancer" feeling, pretty standard (vanilla standard) graphics, that's it. A slightly -for worse- changed vanilla with some ship(equipment/systems expansions.
    Found nothing of their (by themsely) hyped superduper quality. Some of russian made mods (lot of that to be found on youTube) look far more better than that (even though still short of CF :D)

Their only "speciality" : they've added quite some npc "voice acting" in good sound quality (content of it : what do you expect from 4chan people ?
    Yes VULGARITY :Barny: )

They spread it mainly by STEAM, they have a "group" or "channel" as it's called there.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I have to admit I was sarcastic there, I did see videos of ships firing guns with "funny" noises, farts, trololos and suchs, proof of an existing mod, but I never looked after finding it.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• They aren't worth anything as evolved as sarcasm.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I played a few Discovery mods before I played CF and the biggest difference I saw in the mods is the people that play CF are much friendlier.You can talk to anyone(well there are a few exceptions).In Discovery I couldn't get a peep out of anyone and there were at least 30 ppl in game at most times.I would even become insulting and go as far as "In your face" chat but still no one would talk.What ya going to do? Bandit :bandit: