RP behaviour

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Let me state this - I don't want to act as a drama queen, but I'm pissed off as f*ck after what just happened in X-3043.

After flying to Alaska to sell the pods that I gathered, I saw that there's a lot of activity in X-3043. SA Forlon, SA Mozzi, Alien, The One, G41, Caragiale, aurelcici, LC Abeh (maybe misspelling that one). Knowing only the RP of the SA folks, I decided to hop in and take a look at what's going on. I had a few pieces of Rum in my cargo, so I thought that if I get taxed I might be able to RP my way out of the tax.

So, here I am, arriving in front of pl. Crossfire and seeing a huge fight. "All good", I thought, "I'm not a merc any more so I shouldn't be in troubles". Said too soon. While I was correcting the angle of my turret view in order to keep an eye on the battle, I got attacked and in no time - destroyed. I was like "wtf, I was just standing there on that piece of rock watching the fight". Okay, attack without any notice. The name of the player was aurelcici and I decided that I can simply go back to X-3043 and ask why I was killed (and also check his licence, if a pirate - that explains a lot).

I got back and asked a few times. No reply. He even had time to respawn and say "hi" to BG_Haggis, but I didn't get a reply to my question. I became an object of attention and two pirates quickly made their way to, exact quote, "IOC 1 MIL TAX", with just a few seconds delay between two messages. I decided that I can use RP now and save my ass, but while TYPING my reply, I was blown to pieces yet again. Okay, another try. I went back to X-3043 again, still asking aurelcici why the hell I was killed without a notice, by a MERC! HE IS CARRYING A MERC LICENCE, WHAT THE HELL! After telling G-41 (pirate who killed me) that I was killed for no reason as I was still typing my message, I got a reply: "your problem". Fine then. Here I am, explaining my problem.

Long story short, I became a piece of meat for the pirates as they were killing me again and again right after I launch. After that I started defending, but then I became target to Caragiale (also a pirate) who didn't even say a single word to me!

Aurelcici attacked me exactly 11 times, after the second one which almost killed me again, I started defending. I didn't receive an answer to my question even once and asking for proper RP by both mercs (not counting SA here) and pirates just leaded to an answers such as "don't flood the system chat". Lord_Hakkera also became a victim of a few kills even after he stated that he'd pay "after the fight", exact quote, he can confirm that.

Here are my two cents: I might have been inactive to Crossfire for quite a while and I'm sure that a lot of things changed, but in my honest opinion - your way of doing RP is most retarded. It is.

Pirates, "1 MIL TAX" is not a proper way of doing RP . It's a cheap way of starting a fight. If you really needed those money, and let's suggest that you do, since that's your role, you'd find way more elegant ways of asking for 1 million. I'm saying that, because it have happened to me by pirates who know exactly what they should do. At the end of the day, it's a pleasure for both sides. Also, killing an idle ship 13 times in a row ( (IOC)Tyrael char frags stats: 3/0/15) just because the player refused to pay you tax, is also not RP. One kill and it's done. After that, it's an abuse. That's it.

Mercs, and players online, before engaging another player, you MUST tell him why. And before engaging and killing a player at least 3 times while he was asking why did you kill him the first time, you're BOUND to answer his question. Also, any contracts that might affect 3rd party players, MUST be stated publicly on the system chat and verify that the player is aware that he is involved in your contracts in a way that may cause damage to him. I didn't hear a single word about that, aurelcici, probably you'd like to tell me why I was killed so many times without a notice?

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Ty: I will sum it up quickly. It's because they don't know how to RP and Aurel if using his aurel003 char uses both the merc & pirate license. He is confused to say the least. That same group also sits in X or camps in the Arena until people enter X3043, they venture nowhere else. My advice to you? Just shoot them. Don't tell them why, just shoot them. Many of us have tried to help these "people" out but they refuse to listen.

Edit: Aurelcici003 is a merc char. So he attacked you without contract or a bounty, hence OORP. He also attacks with the pirates regularly and without warning, so be aware of him if you see him in the system..... or just shoot him.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

Edited once, last by Gunny: because ().

• I already explained some stuff to aurel, things he did wrong and was breaking minor server rules, but never about RP since he is not interested in RP as normally he doesn't go out of X.

About the pirates, you are right, wasn't there Forlon between those SA ? (he also uses chars without a "Forlon" in their name) He, as GR, could help you in future cases like this, just report the players to him in private in case he is in battles or such.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This matter was solved in space (later) ... not too much good result. (more in GR section)

Edit by
    Pirates can attack player as much as they want if he not pay tax. I know that this is not nice, but it is nothing what break rules. Simply some ppl do this and they are most of time in X system so is not big problem avoid them. If there is attack without ask first for tax, then this attack can be (should be) reported and this can be also proved. I understand very well that RP can be done different way, but in each MP game are some ppl who simply like mainly fight and not want much "talk". You can try explain them "different ways" but you can not force them use it.

Edit by

Edit by
    ... There can be some situation different if are involved sides with "long killing" history, but these usually expect such fight and thus it is not matter for GRs.

• Meh, being a pirate doesn't mean being a dick.
    This behavior gets old - real quick!

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I told you tax 2m, and give request, waiting 10 sec u ignore me and i kill you. If you don't look my request or was in chat that's really "your problem" :)))
    And i can't understrand why almost every cop after getting some deaths going to writing about it in forum?><
    Let's doing fighting!!:))
    We like pilots who take our attacks with honor:))
    We're playing not just for the sake of talking, or trade and play. We play for the sake of fighting, fighting and other things.
    I do not want to point fingers at certain individuals who begin flame war after death, but it isn't normal on my mind..
    PS Respect to some BG's CFPD abd SA memmbers for nice fighting without flame wars :) i think they know about who i talkin' :))

Guild-41 leader assistant. My another names: [G41]For_teh_lulz[L^a], [G41]*Isengard*[tr], [G41]VaasMontenegro[X].

• Alex_G41: IOC are smugglers, you can get much more fun not killing them asap when not pay tax (and possible also much more moneys with little more patience) ...

... and I know that you like pvp and battles ;)

(IOC)Tyrael: sry, I was busy fighting when I saw your post in system channel. It need more talk when I will see you in space next time. Is many ways how to resolve such pirates attacking situation in RP (we mercs like help ppl out of troubles, but you need shout loud into our ears when we fight :) )

• I understand everything. However, I see that the server is a tendency for pilots to lose interest in PvP. It's very sad. Because in my humble opinion, our server was always full of battles and hard core PvP's.
    Then I want to ask people to avoid places of mass struggles. In order to avoid unpleasant situations that can happen to them.
    So as a person who is on the site of the battle and is not involved in it, prevents other. This also applies to the pilots who switch to BS because of the failure of in pvp on fighters. BS in mass fight is a very big abuse for ppls.

Guild-41 leader assistant. My another names: [G41]For_teh_lulz[L^a], [G41]*Isengard*[tr], [G41]VaasMontenegro[X].

• SImply put, this is not a pvp server, this is an rp server where each role has a responsibility to participate other than sitting in X or the Arena waiting to invade Custodian. It should be a mandate to register in this forum before you can download the game , to read the rp rules.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• Create opportunities for rp. Last time I only see forum fighters who scream that bad but they do not appear on the server.
    Come increasingly into play, organize caravans, or open the hunt for our heads.
    Need to add variety to the game
    PS
    I came to the conclusion that some pirates, including me, need to go to the police, because these cops basically unable to keep fighting against the pirates, without shouting about the fact that they unfairly killed or something.

• @Forlon, don't worry, mate, you had to defend yourself, my questions were not for you anyways :)

@G41,

To your request, I replied with "excuse me good sir?" and after you replied the very same thing, I was typing a new reply before getting blown up. And what do you really mean by "if you don't look my request"? Do you, by some chance, believe that every player MUST pay you right the way without having the chance to talk? So, it's down to pay, do not reply, or die?
    If you play for the sake of fighting, sell your licences and stay at the Arena all day long, don't ruin the game for the rest of the players. I had my piece of fighting long before you even heard of Crossfire, trust me, PvP is not everything. It's even a very little bit of the game.

I understand everything. However, I see that the server is a tendency for pilots to lose interest in PvP. It's very sad. Because in my humble opinion, our server was always full of battles and hard core PvP's.
    Then I want to ask people to avoid places of mass struggles. In order to avoid unpleasant situations that can happen to them.
    So as a person who is on the site of the battle and is not involved in it, prevents other. This also applies to the pilots who switch to BS because of the failure of in pvp on fighters. BS in mass fight is a very big abuse for ppls.

Yea, well, if you probably get out of the Arena, the RP PvP might reborn, I'm just saying. People should not be pushed away from destinations just because there's some crazy fight going on. Even if you target a person who is passing by, you have enough time to see his nickname and change your target. You must be blind not to see it - and since last night I'm starting to believe that I'm probably right.

And about your last reply, it's seems that SWAT is down for me and I can't quote it;

"Create opportunities for rp" sounds quite paradoxical to your first reply on this thread. How you expect someone to create a RP opportunity since you're destroying him in less than 10 seconds? Or you probably mean a PvP RP where cops group up and just come to you in order to kill you, your pirate buddies join you, and the "RP opportunity" ends up in a mindless killing. Probably you don't realize it yet, but all the players can offer a good deal of RP, as long as you actually have the patience to RP - something that you're missing.

No, some pirates moving to police won't change anything. Maybe just the fact that people wont get the "tax 1 mil or die" message so often, but at the end of the day, you will behave in the very same way - invading pirate's home systems or just killing them down "for being a pirate, because that's my RP, hey!!1!!11"

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:

• OK ppl, first thx that this thread was not moved to wild discussion. Next to that I want remind you all about few things:

Server rules break: should not be solved here on forum but should be used TICKET SYSTEM (category Broken SERVER rules!). This for next time ;)

All players on server should obey Server rules. If they do this but prefer mainly PvP, then it is theirs decision and no one can force them to do things other way. This works for both side m8s! ... You can be RP professional liking stories or PvP professional using RP rules for searching fight, all is OK ... and both sides should be able accept this. I understand well both sides bcs I myself like both (PvP fight and RP ... and the best if this goes together). Here I also want tell that everyone have right to use any ship he want in PvP especially if this is RP related (like is clan system defense). Crossfire is (as was told above by Gunny) role-play server so also those of you who like PvP (meant as VHF vs VHF ...) need to accept that your opponent can decide play his "own" game how he want this ... if he obey server rules you can dislike his "noob" decision, but you have the same possibilities as he. Using BS in fight IS NOT abuse ... kill player repeatedly bcs he not want pay tax/fine also is NOT abuse ... in all those cases have "defending player" ALOT possibilities how to re-solve this (and this also in RP style and HAVE fun in result!).

If are rules broken (or if player think that this had happen), then player should report it as I wrote above with as much details as possible and next is this job for GRs.

• 1. as it was said... this is no PVP server
    2. it is a RP server
    3. to say "Create opportunities for rp" is idiot if every try to create RP is being killed by certain ppl which violate RP rules
    The way I see it the RP does not even get a chance because of the people which "just want to fight"
    4. sitting in X or arena is no RP... it is camping... so please dont say anything about honor... honor is something different
    5. RP does only work if the other RP factions get the equal chance to do their RP... which I clearly dont see on the server as constantly other factions are targeted and driven off the server until just one RP factions is left. The way you RP is destroying every RP on the server. That is a fact.
    And infact we have rules against harassment... i am clearly willing to ban ppl which break these rules.
    6. Yesterdays bans were justified. There were more than enough warnings over the past weeks.
    If ppl can not follow the rules then they will be removed from the server so new players with better behaviour get a chance to join.
    7. The server is not your personal playground... you are at best a guest and if you start acting unfair towards others (and infact i got countless complaints from many ppl lately) then I will remove you. Period!

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• So, how I understand I was banned from this server?:)

• you really expect an answer?
    seriously there are more complaints against certain ppl than it would be good for them

I dont really understand whats going on in some ppl mind.
    Look at the server population... it is dropping.
    It does not do that because the mod is bad... the discovery server does not have more players because they have a better server or a better mod.
    They have more players coz they have working RP and not ppl which constantly destroy other ppl fun by disturbing other RP types.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Please, guys, I don't want this to end up in people being banned - server has insufficient population anyway. If you truly want this place to flourish, it's up to you to do what you're supposed to, even if you find it boring. I've seen a good RP rolling on the server so I can tell that using less guns and more words is much more fun for all. Come up with crazy scenarios and put them to work. Get involved. Profit and kills does not really matter. If you see that a given kind of RP is going down and you're a freelancer, go ahead and change your style of RP so you can support it. As you can obviously see, new players are joining the server and they're currently exploring the mod. They are all astonished by it. Let's not ruin their fun because of shitty reasons. Introduce them to RP properly and motivate them to join their minds in it, not their aim.

• If its necessary bans will be done.
    It makes no sense to keep a few ppl on the server while they distrurb the experience of all others.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• In this case, OP was correct in what he said/done. Forlon missed some bits in the server rules before posting about Pirate RP (mainly for never being a pirate himself ^^).

The Server RP Rules clearly specifies the waiting for an answer part, shooting with no warn or saying "pay tax or die" just before starting to shoot is NOT allowed, except against cops, and IOC are NOT cops.

Quoted from the actual server rules, coloring the important keywords:

Pirate Syndicate Licence
    Mounting this licence and your character becomes a pirate. You make your money through taxation (extortion) of other characters. You offer the character the alternative of either paying tax or being destroyed. Pirates can tax anybody and everybody (except characters under 40th level) police, mercenaries, smugglers, freelancers and other pirates. If they refuse to pay, then the pirate may open fire and attempt to destroy them. A refusal may be in the form of word or deed (running, opening fire or not responding within a reasonable time). [...]

Police are the natural enemy of pirates and as such pirates may open fire on Police Officers at will and without warning. All other players must have refused to pay tax before they can be engaged.

etc

How can you doubt on such clear words ? IF the condition is met, THEN you can start firing. As well as MUST have refused to pay tax before they can be engaged. This idea is repeated twice or even 3 times in the Pirate section.

What pirates call "being a dick" is not only ethically wrong/not nice, but as well against the server rules, and they are NOT new.

That's all, next, the future reports must go on the ticket system, in the correct section, so the GRs can deal with it directly, and without giving somebody a bad fame (which can be unfair in some cases), or allowing fights to start over the forum, and such.

It usually is a bad idea confronting a GR over the rules, what is possible to be incorrect is the situation / case, because of missinformation or missunderstandings.

The fact that this is not a PvP server is what it says, a fact. Want open PvP, with no restrictions, nor nothing ? There are a pack of systems especially built for PvP, the Arena, Coloseum, Cube Arena (for more fancy fights). Everywhere else, the RP rules are APPLIED. FRIENDLY PvPs are allowed nearly everywhere, except NY and certain clan systems, 2 or more players can always agree to fight eachother with or without a RP reason, but both sides must agree for it.

So even though this is mainly a RP server, you can't complain that PvP is hard, or not possible due to too many restrictions. 3 systems where RP does not matter and anyone can engage with no warn. And everywhere else, PvP is allowed when it's agreed by both sides.

Anyway, this about Pirate RP was not the main/only reason for the bans, so saying about not seeing the rules or not knowing about this "detail" will not go anywhere. The ones banned know what they did wrong, even if they ask "Why ?" on here...

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 2 times, last by Michael: Added PvP part details. ().

• So, how I understand I was banned from this server?:)

:) no, and bans which were done was not originally intended. Originally was intended use fining only and explain what was wrong. There was later few things which resulted in ban.

... and you was doing also good one pirate RP like was this one in Manchester when we had more nice fights (Fallen Mercenaro was also there). Btw you know for example you can ask GR (or also ppl with EM rights) in space about announcing for example that Pirates decided to lock down certain system/base/planet for some period of time and initiate such way fight there? Police or traders can hire mercenaries and try break in .. aaand we have nice battle out of X. Or can be used ASF (or CSF) and start fight using patrolling in contested systems or plan such event or or (many stuff using asf vs csf). From classics RP you can for sure raid clan systems or simply launch taxing action which can easily result in bounties and we have here again nice background for "battle". Is many ways how to initiate big RP fights and have fun doing it. This above was only few examples ... and as I told before, if you will want try some new ways how to use RP for more PvPping, I for sure will support this.

• ^^^ Exactly, it's not that hard!