A restart

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• 3 months ago I stopped working on CF due to frustration about the situation in the community and due to the fact that I needed the time to build up a new gaming section here at SWAT (which btw. is something that every user is allowed to do if he/she wants - and of course supported by the Portal team)

However, as our new game section meanwhile has 300 members which we will motivate to take part in forum discussions more frequently it is time to restart the work on the Crossfire mod.
    There is still much to do... infact the workload is just incredible high that i dont know yet how to do everything.
    But i am sure that with time and a bit help from volunteers the mod can be finished in a way that everybody can enjoy it.

The past months of inactivity have unfortunatly lead to a very large amount of new ideas and partly already done concepts. This will take additional time to be integrated into the mod.
    Id like to focus even more on the game environment and immersive gameplay than before. Everything should look more dynamic, more like a living world than the Freelancer that you already know.

But like I said... the CF team needs help with that.
    What we need are people which decide to help... we dont need ppl which want to help and then wait for us to tell them what they should do.
    We have tons of open jobs and expect that people take the initiative.
    That of course does not mean that they have to do everything alone or learn stuff from the scratch... We give instructions and show how the work can be done... we just dont tell anyone what he has to do (either somebody wants to work for the team and choose the work or we better dont work with each other -> the work on CF is always free voluntary work but we expect that the team member do some work at all).

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• good to hear this OP,

and for asked help: I can help and will learn new stuff if needed.

btw, I know I have one incomplete thing . I suggested ship relocation and not finished what I started, I will continue with work on it and finish this first.

• Then time to get my hand on the coding stuff again. Well i at least used the time also to help with the new section ;)
    But meanwhile i also have had again some looks on the code and made some little bugfixes that were reported about the last few months. There is still a lot to do - but somehow i hope to get it finished.

signature.png

• I'm down to learn stuff and help the mod.... I may not have time to play the game, but I have time to help with the development!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Im currently in the process of learning how to code, but I dont feel confident enough to actually be of any help. But once I feel more useful I'll update you.

• let me know OP, i have some but very little coding knowledge, but strong in most things dealing with computers and such

*hic* Wheres me rum, LP is returning, we will return, and we will fight to the death. Want to join LP, contact us at http://lostprophets.forumup.org/

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
    and bound her in her bones
    The seas be ours and by the powers
    Where we will, we'll roam
    Yo, ho, haul together,
    hoist the colors high
    heave ho, thieves and beggars,
    never shall we die
    Some men have died and some are alive
    And others sail on the sea
    With the keys to the cage and the Devil to pay
    We lay to Fiddler's Green!

• every help is welcome
    the workload is still massive and we need to re-do some old stuff

a big problem that I see is the CF launcher
    Haegar vanished.. we dont have the source code and can not contact him and without that we have a small problem called "we can not do server upgrades without launcher update".

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• oh wow.
    @OP: let me decompile the stuff and see what i can do :) i'll send PM if i'll get any questions.

EDIT: You know why i hate VB6? Because of everything... =_=

Actually, me and my acquaint decided to start OpenGL open source port of FL, but i think we (well, me at least :D) wouldn't mind join CF project.

The jumpdrive is a lie!

Edited once, last by utrack: edit ().

• sounds cool, every help is great

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• You know I'm on board as I asked about this quite a bit and sorry for the decline in activity, I got married and are expecting.
    So I've been busy with life but things are quiet at the moment, so can I be included again in the development please.
    Thank you either way.:)

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

Edited 2 times, last by Skariah: Edit ().

• If there is any need of help with translating stuff (german <-> english and vice- versa), I'd really like to help.

Or with all the nebula/ asteroid field descriptions in the CF systems.

• translations are not needed
    the mod is in english and thats it

nebula and asteroid descriptions were introduced in cf 1.9 already

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Could be story-making, advertisement-making for the mod, or such... as options, dunno what OP actually wants from that.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• news + rumors

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• If you require extra station modelling you've seen my work. I can start making some of the "good ol' stuff". I may also give a hand on writting. Anything you want.

• well, yes
    some further modeling work needs to be done

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,