Words left unsaid

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Wavey.

• Hello, Crossfire community.

It feels good to be back again after another absence. I guess that my name is familiar to some of you, while others might have never heard of me. My name is Dimitar, I'm part of the Crossfire gang since ~2006. I've been flying under the (IOC) tag ever since day 1 on Crossfire, as an ex-friend of mine (Ghost_Lightning) invited me here after playing together in a vanilla server which name I've already forgot.

Most of those who remember me, probably remember that I tend to leave and come back a lot and also that I tend to create troubles with my efforts do to something good. I even doubt that I will ever forget OP's usual post to my "Goodbye" threads - "See you soon". Tonight, however, I don't want to talk about that. I want to say something that I've probably never shared with you before, but has been sticking to my mind a lot.

I joined Crossfire when I was in high school and I remember how obsessed I was with it. I've literally spent half of my childhood and some of my teenage years online. My family can confirm that as I still remember how often my dad was telling me to get off that "space game" and actually do something. He was even complaining to all the people we know that I just sit in front of the PC and shoot space things. Back then, I couldn't see any other pros other than having fun with friends on the server. I even remember how many times my real life friends were making jokes with me about what amount of time I was spending here.

Connecting the dots could be made only when you look back to the past. And this is true, I can say, from my experience. Now, as I'm a 21 years old man, working for his family, trying to develop himself in professional and personal aspect, I can say that I'm starting to connect the dots regarding Crossfire. It seems that all those hours that we spent together, actually gave me a valuable lesson that, I could say, changed my life for good as a person and as a gamer.

From gaming point of view, I have, of course, played many different games. I've been part of many different communities for quite a while. But sooner or later, I left those communities and I don't even look back to where I've been. This is not true about Crossfire. I might disappear for a few months or even for years, but sooner or later I do come back to see how's everyone doing, sooner or later I again feel that spark that flamed the fire of playing Freelancer years ago. In a lot of the games that I've been playing, the players base were usually people interested in gaining total advantage for themselves. You could hardly find someone who would spend a lot of time and his own virtual cash for you. In those games, I found friends for a while, but I never really kept in touch after I left. This is not true about Crossfire. Here, I didn't only prospered, but after every my return, there would be plenty of people who would happily give away what they've earned just so that I can quickly catch up and enjoy the game. And this does not go only for me. I've seen the player base here doing that for every old player returning or a new player joining the game. And not only that. I will never ever forget how my clan leader, namely Centaurian Alpha, bought me RAM and graphics card when my PC wasn't strong enough to run the new Crossfire mod any more. He did that with his own money and he shipped it to Bulgaria, just so I can keep on playing. I doubt that I'd ever be able to express how thankful I am.

We played together, we laughed together, we've been getting into fights and argues, people have been leaving, but at the end of day, we were still together and we kept on enjoying flying in space together. OP and the Crossfire community didn't only offer fun and pleasant time for everyone. It offers friendship that remains and a good place where you can be yourself and have fun with people who appreciate you the way you are. OP and the Crossfire community offered a place that you could call home. A virtual home where you have people who really care about you and do their best to make you feel better.

From reality point of view, Crossfire gave me a lot. I've told that to my family, my friends, my colleagues, even to strangers but I never told you, so now it's a good time to do so. The Crossfire community changed my life. While playing this game, I actually learned to speak English. This might not seem a lot to you, but it's probably my whole life up to this point. Thanks to Crossfire I got a job where the English language was mandatory. Thanks to Crossfire I prospered in what I'm doing and I still work for that company. Thanks to Crossfire I got to travel around Europe and meet more people, learn new things and have plenty of new experience. Thanks to Crossfire, I learned what does it mean to be a Human carrying Humanity within oneself. Crossfire changed my life for good.

And even after all these years, I still remember how much fun I've had. It's this love for Crossfire that makes me come back again and again. You guys, managed to win my heart and it stayed here. And it will probably stay here forever, no matter how often I quit or disappear or whatever. After all these years, I still remember people who quit long ago and I'm still sad that I didn't remain in touch with them. But past is gone and it cannot be changed. I'm happy that you are still here and you welcome me back every time, no matter of what I've done or how much I've screwed up. You all deserve great respect for who you are. Always remain the same. The world needs people like you.

I want to take my time to thank to all of you, my friends. Thank you for being here.

OP, Haegar, Michael, Spiky, LaserJet, Crysis, Drakon, Gunny, Huor, Rex, Lashan, Dopplegagner, Riddick, Huor, Centaurian, Daywalker, magnet, Bond, Baldwin, Inferno, Husker, Forlon, Arrow, burro, Lost_Heaven, Maxbur, Cro_Legend, Shockwave, Abras, SeV, Fixxer, Picard, Hexplore,Tanathos, Vishnu, Slayer, Simba, grinder (I still watch the Bloodguards recruitment video quite often, masterpiece), Marauder, Azadur, DarkStalker, Orion, Ruivo, Ryder, privateer, Pandora, Sphinx, Myric, FlyingSi, Haldir, Dark_Angel, pcforce, AfGun, Faaby, Ancalagon, Jib, Amhos, Scorpion, Canoso, NewPol, hipogriff, Riebens, Rhonetaz, Saxon, Darco, oldgit, SHS, John_Donow, ChiefRedCloud, GalacticFire, Admiral, Diablo, RazielLD, X-Ray, SilverFox, Phoenix, StephanoV, Tranquil_Dominance, Eclipsya, RG, Knight, horatio, Kermit, NuclearWinter, Wavey and so on, and so on, the list goes on forever.

Of course, I want to thank all the clans who made this place better; BG, DC, IOC, CFPD, LP, TRF, UR, SA, 13th Armored, SMG, Fallen, PiA, UAC, PX, BLK_OPS, GK and all of old clans that I don't remember and the new ones that I still don't know.

Thank you.

IOC Tyrael out.

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• It feels good to be home, buddy :)

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:

• nice to see you again around m8 :)

• Welcome back.
    It is nice to read that the community has positive influences on different areas of RL.
    I think thats the purpose a community should have. Though I think that it clearly depends on the person and if that person is open for positive changes.

However... told you that you would come back ^^ (its a natural law)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Welcome back to the networks of the SWAT Portal mate, indeed, there is something special in here, like a family, which doesn't happen in many places, and even in those, it starts after a long time.

Many of your friends are still here, and guess what, some very old friends are back too ! Like few BGs, including Kalisie and GalacticFire, more IOCs, etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• w00t! I already can't wait to get back home in a week and get online... Looking forward to realizing that I've lost my chars :schimpf:

Virtual hugs for everyone, guys!

• I can say this is one real CrossFire player. I 'm sure it's good to see the cold space and to fly with the members of this comunity. I hope i see you in space some time ;) ...and it's good to see another player from Bulgaria ( at least as understood ) :thumbup:

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Scorpion, no need to, mate, but I appreciate it :) My computer has some magic powers to always use the same ID when re-installing FL. I hope it will do it now as well...

Night, I indeed am from Bulgaria. I'm currently on a business trip, but I'm sure that we will see each other in space soon!

• Very nice, mate... Welcome back :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Scorpion, no need to, mate, but I appreciate it :) My computer has some magic powers to always use the same ID when re-installing FL. I hope it will do it now as well...

Night, I indeed am from Bulgaria. I'm currently on a business trip, but I'm sure that we will see each other in space soon!

Hmm......interestingly ^^

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• The Freelancer ID is generated by the code of the Windows's install, so unless you remove / reinstall your windows or install Freelancer on a different Windows account, it's supposed to generate the same ID. ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• And moreover, when I was trying to create my third ID, I discovered that if you will delete one Windows account and create another with the same name, ID can be the same.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".