Suggestions for Crossfire 2.0

There are 119 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Traen.

• Imo 100 cargo space for BSs (all types, fully equipped) is optimal .. for podding are better options and you still have enough space for red crystals (cloak).

• For now, the only real fixes I see needed, is the capital ships which already come with a set of guns, to be actually usable guns, not something with a smaller range than the Justice MK I where players can just go at 900 m far and shoot at you. It already was said, and by what I remember accepted as a problem, but it's usually good reminding things :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Uh... Why not? Can't we drop in another type of slot, like the Jammer is going to receive?

i repeat it again (the 3rd time this weekend)... no, we dont have the necessary hptypes left

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• not an option

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 1. To me (so far only played SP...great new campaign btw) missiles are
    pretty useless, except when attacking cap ships and within the first seconds before the dogfight starts. So I would like to have
    them faster, maybe with some kind of missile lock before, like:

A. Engage enemy
    B. Keep enemy in sight for 2-3 seconds or so (to get the missile locked)
    C. Fire and forget^^

This way the increased speed (and with that the lower chance to drop CM's) would not unbalance missiles, imo.

Some kind of information about the agility on the infocards of the
    ships (ranging from 1 to 10 or 1 to 5 or whatever). That would be great
    for new players to get a clue which ship would fit them and not have to
    buy and test every single fighter, freighter, transport to see if it suits their needs or not.

3. More chances to sell the escape pods. I mean if you kill some corsair ships and dock on one of their stations, they would be glad to get their comrades back, wouldn't they? so instead of ensign/ major/ seargant/ etc. pods there could be LSF/ corsair/ Daumann/ etc. pods.
    Would be more variety in selling them, i think (the prison stations of course buy all the pirate pods...they need cheap workers...or just some evening fun when putting outcasts and corsairs into one room).
    And of course not every station/ planet buys the pods of their faction (no money around), just, let me say, 2 to 4, depending on the faction size (more selling locations for synth foods pods than for Xenos ones).

Mhhh...that's all i can remember for now...and the ferrets are biting my feet...so i need to stop now and play with them

P.S.: These are only SUGGESTIONS. If it's not possible or too much work, just tell me and I'll be fine with that.

• Well, the Agility idea would be good, if the agility number is mathematically correct...

It's just that there would be a need of a tool, or algorithm to make that happen, and included into the game, so it's from too hard to be made -> to impossible. As the game engine is pretty much closed.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• 1. possible but would have negative impact on pvps

2. not possible and clearly not wanted

3. there are more than enough such places

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, the Agility idea would be good, if the agility number is mathematically correct...

It's just that there would be a need of a tool, or algorithm to make that happen, and included into the game, so it's from too hard to be made -> to impossible. As the game engine is pretty much closed.

I think that's not what he meant; I think he meant that US, the devs, put this info manually in the ship's info card, like for example instead of the 'recommended weapon class' part, and merging it with the maximum weapon class one (e.g.

SPOILER

for the eagle, instead of putting 'recommended class: 8' and 'maximum class: 10' separately, we could do 'recommended/maximum weapon class: 8/10').

• He only mentioned about Agility, and how could we put correct numbers on their infocard, counting how many seconds it takes to make a 360 º turn in vertical and horizontal ? That's kinda noobish, there should be a better way, as I doubt people want "aproximations".

PS:

Anyway, seems like you only post in this area of the site, not interested in events, clans or other stuff ? This part is kinda off topic, yea.

Edited once, last by Michael: PS added. ().

• Well, if Agility info will be added to infocard, I guess Basilisk will have a negative number there...

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• nothing like that will happen

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, we both said that like twice, each, so there is no need to keep insisting on how it can be done...

A different suggestion, it could be usseful to differentiate between Anti BS and Anti Fighter capital ship turrets though, so people have to think at what stuff to mount on their capital ships, not just the single possible option, the best turret. As well as learning weapon groups, and such tactics.

• This thread is abandoned. Time to kick it back to life.

So, i don't mind PvPing at all, I enjoy it, but the irritating sound of incoming missile going for the whole pvp is kinda annoying, don'tcha think?

So, to cut to the chase, limit CDs to 20 and/or increase their cooldown timer (5 seconds). Which is enough for pirate/cop/merc to stop his target.

• use volume control ... this helps ;) ... CDs are good as they are with so deadly missiles which are on CF.

... and let now better (please) mod finish as to ask more stuff or changes.

• Would it be possible to remove that goddamn alarm sound from around Dark Reign cannons and/or Coalition HQ?

Not to go into the whole "sound in space" thing (which is ok in nebulas up to a point, I guess), but that is sure shitty. No offense.

I've been flying around Altair lately and it's annoying as hell, up to the point of wanting to manually edit the .wav file for this into 1s of silence. Didn't do it, but still...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Agree, communication officers on HQ need to use encrypted channel instead of system one.
    (However HQ chatter is a music and thus can be turned off with it, I fly with my own music and HQ is silent. DRICs, on the other hand...)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Ah yeah, sorry, only Dark Reigns produce the annoying alarm sound, the HQ has that chatter sound which is ok, imho...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• I don't know if you are still taking suggestions on 2.0 but you might reconsider the pacing for the single player. I am 2 hours into the campaign and still level 2. The fights take longer as NPCs use nanobots, shield batteries and countermeasures, which is nice but combined with the fact that you need about 10-12 random missions to get from level 2 to 3 and therefore to mission 2 the game quickly becomes a mindless grinder. It doesn't help at all that during all that time you don't get any new gear to keep you on the line as you can buy practically everything that's offered in New York with the money you start with.
    I'd like to see the new crossfire missions and content but as it stands I don't think I can bring up the patience to even get there - in fact I don't even have the patience to grind me through countless random missions to even get to story mission 2.

A simple solution would be to adjust the rewards for missions in single player or to reduce the level requirements in SP, if that is possible. I remember doing only 2-4 random missions from the bar to bridge the time between story missions.

I know improving single player is not the main target for this mod but it would still be nice to get to the story missions faster as they are great while the randoms really aren't. Not by any means - they never ever where any good in fact ^^'