Open letter to freelance pirates

There are 35 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gunny.

• First, a FL player has to be accepted into a clan, which is by no means a sure thing. Second, all players must establish a history and skills before they will even be considered for clan membership. Some clans (like IOC) also have requirements that must be met, not to frustrate the new recruit, but to assure that the new member can actually make a meaningful contribution to the clan & its RP. And if a player is not willing to demonstrate enough discipline to do these things, then they are not reliable enough to be counted on as clan mates.

Clan membership is a privilege above the privilege of even playing on the CF server, and either one can be lost. Just keep in mind that clan membership is a long-term commitment to your clan mates & the community to take an active & responsible role in making CF fun for everyone. For some, responsibility is not in their blood, and they would rather use their freedom to create mayhem & spoil the game for others. Even freelancers have to play responsibly; clan membership is just an extension of that. Keep in mind that occasionally, the mod requires a character wipe, so even the most prolific FL will eventually lose their precious stats. All the more reason to get tagged as soon as possible! :D

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Ok I am a Freelancer Police, I have experianced being in a clan (Police) and yes I see the benifits of being part of a clan no matter what the RP you are part of a community, however even as a freelancer police I am still part of the whole community.
    Loosing the stats and what parts of the map that I have open aren't a prob for myself as I am always able work on both as I explore everything again.
    The only thing that keeps myself from joining another clan is the freedom I have as a Freelancer Police, I am always playing in my role but I can to fly off and do anything I choose without the need to follow orders all the time.
    This is just my thoughts and is only one possable reason for not joining an clan.

Opps should have said that I can fly off and do anything within the Police RP.
    I know not all clans are throughing out orders to their memebres all the time, but it happens and thats when its time for a change of view for abit. This doesn't mean I haven't and wont join another clan later just means for now for myself I perfer the freedom I have as a Freelancer Police. Hunt P-rats when I want, look for Smuglers if I choose or just explore the systems or even just send a message to find others to PvP or do gun hunting

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

Edited once, last by lawmac1: guess I need to add the correct info ().

but I can to fly off and do anything I choose without the need to follow orders all the time.

Incorrect, you do what you are legally allowed to do, not what you choose to. Which is just the same within a clan, just that better clans can be a bit more strict about behaviour, like, assuring you don't F1 in battle, or smuggle (a fixed thing) or anything else that is not Fair Play. In exchange, when you do something wrong they will protect you publically, and give private chats/punishments if needed. Outside a clan, for F1ing few times you can get a serious fine or ban from a GR, in public. In a clan, if it's nothing serious, they can contact your leader and no one outside knows anything.

In clans it's not really a place where a guy gives orders all the time and you have nothing to choose, it's more of a team work, and helping eachother. The normal orders are in fights and such, tactically ordering you to come defend a system's hidden jumphole while the rest attack from the jumpgate, or stuff like that. You will Not "work your ass" for somebody else cus he orders so. If you find such a clan (which I never heard of...) you can anyway exit it and bully it :D As that's not what "clan" means.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thanks at G for the support. I always know I can count on my frienemies :) (yes I made that word up) Good points from CA and Michael. I see what lawmac1 was saying but I really don't think that anyone in a pirate clan is looking for "order's" and that is not something I wish to bring to {LP}. Some RP's are probably better "structured" than say pirate RP. Point of a clan (IMO) is to have the benefit of camaraderie and mutual goals. In the case of CF...that also extends to supporting the SWAT Portal which is the only reason that any clan/RP/ FL Pilot has the opportunity to play CF in the first place.

Thanks for info :)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• sorry, a char wipe? do we get compensation? say 100 mil to get clans running again?

btw frenemies is in the dictionary (i think) :D

death beckons for your soul...... and i answer its call!

13th ARMORED is recruiting!
    are you up to the challenge?
    if so PM me or robbers dog.
    no matter your skill, we're looking for comrades in arms

also find us @ Free forum : 13th ARMORED
    join our forum. you know you want to........

sorry, a char wipe? do we get compensation? say 100 mil to get clans running again?

(i think) :D

No, we don't get compensation, which is one reason why we lost so many over the years. But if the mod stability requires it, then those of us who want to remain will build again.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I been here for a while. I lived through a character wipe and then rebuilding. Then I joined IOC and rebuilt again. No big deal. The PVP stats page looks like it hasn't been updated in months and the NPC kills page doesn't really mean anything except for some clans that require certain stats before joining (example: 100 total hours on the server before joining). PVP stats don't really mean anything either as many sit in Arena all day and pewpew. Not sure why folks are so hung up on numbers.

And if a name change feature gets put in, I hope that it's restricted as Gunny suggests. Perhaps only usable once per week or costly (100 million per change).

• Hmmm, good point from Rex. If stats are important for people...then why not have updated stats/link for the CF players. Char wipe....is that really scary? @ Horatio...i have used that term for over 20 years....but it looks like you are correct that it is in at the very least....in the urban dictionary.

After interviewing/talking with several players...I see that my point is mute. Mostly what I hear is that if no other {LP} are online " then why would I want to join that clan"....arrrr the catch 22. Well if that's the way then I guess I should give up hope of providing what I can to the clan......admittedly that is not much. I can't play 24/7 and won't be able to show {LP} as what I believe it should/can be.

Thread finished by me....thank you all for input

Marauder

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• a char whipe is not required

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Marauder: m8 I think that problem is not to be 24/7 hours online ... problem is that ppl who want to achieve more as only to be 'freelancer' are rare those days. To be clan member mean imo also have inside some responsibility and decide at least little repay fun they receive for free. Ofc exist exceptions to this, but those are even more rare ;) ...

• Mara

I was the only active IOC for quite some time and now we have 5 or 6 active or semi-active members. Don't give up! :D

• Frags are for noobs and only noobs care about frags, no one else does.

I am, mate.
    Reasons?
    1. It`s not my proud, It`s my wellness.
    2. This way I can see my progress in this universe - means combat way.
    3. I don`t get ppl who rly don`t care abt their frags/deaths - looks like they are don`t care at all. This is a game after all - if you interesting in it, you can`t be away from your success.
    4. This is main reason that hold me in this. Read again "The three musketeers" by Dumas - and remember Portos - "I fight because I fight")))
    5. ...

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• i do not care for frags, i dont on CF and dont on ego shoots, I run/fligh/race just to game. It derives me from current RL - kinda way to relax. Making progress or trying to take care of it to be good or the best would be just another kind of stress that i do not look for in games. But well everyone shall do what brings him/her fun. Looking for progress is not wrong - everyone does in one or another way.

signature.png

• Off topic: Maxbur. IMO people see others frags and think that the player is impressive or "dangerous". I don't need frags to know I can kick the snot out of most people on the server in a fight and I do it clean, without making myself lag, using rapidfire scripts or other things to make me hard to hit. I don't need frags to enjoy the game or the people who play. Why? because I simply enjoy the game, no more no less.

Back to subject: We need pirates in {LP}, good pirates with class that actually know how to be pirates. As I said I will help with funding.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• People don't do that do they? If so, no wonder I am considered a sucky pirate.

Pirates with class....that is matter of opinion, I feel that a pirate of {LP} should never need advantage or whatever anyone would call it......{LP} will fight all and anyone no matter the outcome. I don't think other pirates with different opinion are wrong. I guess I need to make more public the rules of {LP}. {LP} stands to fight the (good/bad) fight in honorable means (by that I mean) and not care win,loose or die......only 1 thing counts....is the fun for all the people involved. Sometimes that seems forgotten.

I think Huor said it pretty well. Frags and such personally don't matter much to me.....it's the fun of playing with other members of CF and such I count. Whether that is what other members want doesn't mean I won't support their efforts...whether they be [LP} friend or foe.

From Marauder and {LP}.....We wish good fights, good voyages and good fun

BTW @ G....well at least you can count that I won't be scaring anyone 8).

• BTW @ G....well at least you can count that I won't be scaring anyone 8).

Well, that's because they haven't been to one of your barbeques yet. I have and I am forever damaged. :)