My feedback

There are 54 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• err what "drama"? Now that Shock is off the server and the BG vs. |PX| "war" basically ended before it started (as I see no fight of act of war), what drama does this server have now? I think the server's too quite now, this is an RP server and drama is what makes it interesting to be honest..

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• I meant drama on the portal...

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"

• Oh thats a different story then XD

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• What interest do I have keeping everything running here and supporting you people joy?
    Everyone of you want me to continue and of course you would be upset if I suddenly decide to close the server and this Portal.
    In the same way I am upset when the time comes that I have to close SWAT because the members didnt care.

As MY time is limited I have just one alternative option to the current situation. I close the Freelancer section and start something new. I can do that when i dont have to take care of FL and CF anymore.
    That would be the only theoretical solution where I can assure the future of the SWAT Portal.

All other possible solutions are not in my hands.
    However... no matter what reasons you have for doing your decisions... they do not change the result.

I share your views about treatment of new players... but that also is something I can not change.
    Personally I think that i welcome everyone to the community and treat people by current actions and not by what they have done in the past.
    However my views also do not reflect the views of everybody else here.

I can not answer your question why people would want to associate with SWAT.
    This has a very simple reason.
    People only come to me when they want or need something from me. I dont know a different situation.
    Thats actually the entire point.
    People could do something for the Portal for the reason that we constantly do something for them. (we really do... every damn day)
    But they wont help us because they dont realize it or even expect us to do always do more and more.
    Its the take take take situation... without giving back something.

I also can not answer if a new section at SWAT holds the risk of damages (where ever and what ever they might look like)... but i know for sure that doing nothing will damage and destroy SWAT for sure (just like it happened in most other FL communities before).
    Personally when investing work and time in something I prefer to see chances instead of risks. But that is only my personal view (which brought me to this point of time).

A view that i can not share with you is that you have ultimativly work together with everyone no matter if you trust that person or not.
    Freelancer is a Section just like everything that is imaginable in future. And even here you dont have to agree with everything or play best friends with people that you dont like. We have different clans with different interests which are all part of one section. Its not a structural problem. Its just a matter of decision.
    I see it even a chance to settle problems in FL as people which fought each other due to their clans might work together in a different section without conflicting rules of the FL clans. That has the potential to take away alot of personal problem and prejustices.
    A change of perspective can do wonders.

Such a new section would need to be indepenent from FL and its clans. This is the main reason why I always said to seperate the clans of the different games from each other.
    e.g. in Starlancer we had MoD, in FL we had BG, in Helbreath we had AI
    ...and all clans had different Leaders. While Don was leading AI he was not allowed to run BG... and while I was leading MoD I took myself out of BG leadership aswell.
    We never had any conflicts between the old sections and their members.

Thats what bothers me most... I know that it did work in the past.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What interest do I have keeping everything running here and supporting you people joy?
    <...>
    People could do something for the Portal for the reason that we constantly do something for them. (we really do... every damn day)

I don't believe you are saying this. :( A man obsessed by inspiration does not think of any profit, he just puts his effort in his own satisfaction of seeing the result. CF was created this way I suppose. All those years spent on it passed unnoticed because you were really captivated by your work and overcame all problems with ease, regardless of their number. But sometime it inevitably comes to the point when you take it as a daily routine which needs external motivation to be kept on. There is no cure for it, except giving everything up and/or taking up something new.

From this point, closing CF section and/or expanding SWAT to more games is exactly what you need, even though it might not be what the community needs. You could also ask some enthusiasts for help, in order to have a rest for yourself; I see there is another administrator, SWAT_XL-R8R, listed on the title page, maybe he could replace you in some aspects. :?: Anyway, I hope the CF community will support all your innovations, at least for the sake of giving you the motivation to do something. "Count on them to complete your mission!" :)

P.S. Sorry if I took some things wrong. I'm not a veteran here and I really know nothing about SWAT.

• I am not quiet sure where I gave the impression that Freelancer and working my arse off for that game gives me any satisfaction.
    My work on the mod and the server is necessary for the Portal... and thats it.
    The server and the mod were created because it was necessary for the community.

I am also not sure where I appear to be interested in profit now... I am interested in the future of this Community... nothing else.
    So to get it straight... my interest is the success of this place. Thats what gives me satisfaction.

I thought my absence from the game showed that I am not really interested in playing Freelancer (understandable after having played this game for many years).
    To think that XL-R8R would be willing to take over parts is something you can forget.... he has not showed up here for several years and is only listed as admin as he was one of the founders of the Portal and has accesss to everything for emergency case.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I think one of the main problems with CF currently is that has become to focused and centralized on PvP and X Job is going to try and destroy X opposite job, for nothing more then fact they are carrying the said license. Which can and will drive away new potential members from not only the game but also the portal itself. Instead of seeing us as a helping community in the game. Most clans seem to only wanna stick with chatting to others in their clan/alliance/job profession instead of striking up conversation in the open chat area of the game, which is detrimental to any games progress and growth.

Another problem is war of words between members and staff that have appeared lately, those confrontations if they need to happen, should be solely done through the PM system by the people who are having the issue, instead of having it carry over onto open forum topics. This is because for new members seeing a rift between staff and the member base, will see that a huge deterrent and reason for not staying active on the forum/game and/or not joining the forum/game at all. Which in either case hurts both forum and game as it means a loss of members. I am going to go off the assumption that the mass majority of us on both the forum and game are adults, and say that we should all start acting like adults and cut out the melodramatic teenage drama for the sake of the game and forum.

On a secondary issue, I would have no problem at all attempting to play Battlestar Galatactica and some of the other games that we have listed on the forum if I can find someone willing to put in the time of teaching me the ropes of the game in game. Alas though, I think there are several sub-forums that are over a year old and maybe older that are no longer active and should be shut down, this is because the last thing new prospective members want to see on any forum, is a large amount of inactive sub-forums. As this will deter alot of members from wanting to join at all. Its a fact I have seen evident on many numerous forums in my past.

• yes also i see that problem staff vs members...stuff in 75% case traying to own/pawn members!

• No, thats not true!

And if you would stop seeing it that way, we as Staff would have an easier job.
    We dont wanna own someone thats just not our objective here. We just try to maintain the peace - and apparently thats not an easy job to do.

I for myself wanna see CF2.0 come true, i work for it. Not always with an ease. But for sure i think more than CF2.0 is hardly feasible. We surely have to move forward. If that means to drop FL at all then so it may be. There might be enough to do for SWAT and its other projects even if CF wouldnt be.

signature.png

• No, thats not true!

And if you would stop seeing it that way, we as Staff would have an easier job.
    We dont wanna own someone thats just not our objective here. We just try to maintain the peace - and apparently thats not an easy job to do.

I for myself wanna see CF2.0 come true, i work for it. Not always with an ease. But for sure i think more than CF2.0 is hardly feasible. We surely have to move forward. If that means to drop FL at all then so it may be. There might be enough to do for SWAT and its other projects even if CF wouldnt be.

no what I am talking about, is not you all doing your job. What I was talking about is how there has sometimes been confrontational threads involving members and staff for most of the time, trivial reasons like just to get in a quick attack like response out about someone, when knowing other person is going to retaliate back with words of their own. Those kind of confrontations, need to either happen in the Private Message System, or they need to simply refrain from conversing with each other if they cannot be civilized and nice towards each other in public threads. Cause regardless of if they realize it or not. those kinds of public confrontations are exactly the kind of things that new members will look at and be like "I dont want to be a member here, I am seeing way to much member vs staff conflicts going around and does not appeal to me as the kind of forum I wish to be apart of".

• And so? What's the plan to do with all of this?

We can discuss it till New Millenia, but I need to listen some directions of the possible works.
    Preferably, in sequence, trying to take into account as many factors as possible.

For example:
    ingame conflicts is a problem. We need at least, to try to solve it. How we can do it? Intervene as a third party or give them a "corrective" teamwork? How?

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• sorry guys but i would like to know what the hell happend here before i left (wasnt my fault PC bombed wont work and my new one wont work with CF 1.9 so my apolagese) It was fine when i was the yeah people come and go but doesnt give u a reson to thing your superman and can do anything like Hack why carnt u all be sivvle like back in 1.7 i noticed in 1.8 more people was creeping in but getting worse i mean come'on guys what happend stop giving op a hard time because before u know it if u piss him off enogh Crossfire will disapere GET UR ACT TOGETHER

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• And so? What's the plan to do with all of this?

We can discuss it till New Millenia, but I need to listen some directions of the possible works.
    Preferably, in sequence, trying to take into account as many factors as possible.

For example:
    ingame conflicts is a problem. We need at least, to try to solve it. How we can do it? Intervene as a third party or give them a "corrective" teamwork? How?

What can be done to stop/prevent it from continuing that is a simple solution that i have seen implemented by other forums.

1. If it is a moderator that is continuing or instigating then, if they fail to heed continued warnings by an Admin to stop then they should be removed from staff and replaced with someone whom is not only reliable, but also not known to start confrontations. This would help to show the members that the staff is more then just a buddy group and cares most about the forum and game.

2. If it is a member that is continuing and instigating the said problems then there simplest solution is if they continued after say more then 2 to 3 warnings, then give them at first a 1 day suspension from the forum and game as a sign that the staff is serious about putting it to a stop. If the 1 day suspension does not work and person continues, then a 3 day to 1 week suspension from the forum and game should be given. If that does not work and the member still continues then a banning of anywhere from 1 month to 1 year should be given. This would work best in either situation of member vs member conflicts or member vs staff conflicts as long as it wasnt the staff member involved giving out the suspensions, unless if the said staff member was an admin.

Best way to solve the in-game problems is to place a time limit of X amount of time a person has to wait from switching from one account to another. This way say a pirate cant notice that say a train is flying through a space where they got another ship, and switch to it in time to just get credits, before switching back onto their other account and continue doing w/e else they was doing. It would also stop Mercenaries and others from using same tactics to either pick up some quick credits or to allow others to abuse it as a way of trying to escape when they gained to much heat on themselves.

Another thing, is that also just because person has has a different tag or say smugglers license instead of cop, and via verse for all jobs, should not be treated as a green light of being like "they are a different profession then myself, I am gonna blast them dead.", I'm really surprised that so far an all out Cops and Military vs Pirates and Smugglers war has not happened on CF Server yet due to it. I myself, I don't go looking for a fight when I am in-game and have been known to numerous times just fly past a smuggler and pirate and not bothered them, unless if I see that they are carrying BMG or trying to do a Pirate Tax on someone else, in which then, I would fine them, and if need be fight them if they refused to pay the said fine.

I will add more later on as i think of more to add.

• The admin already had enough of giving warns, as not many (if any) was successful and he also gets missinformed pretty much as the "whiners" are not always the ones he should listen. There is a difference betwen those who report non important things (by exagerating them) each day just to use OP for their own deeds, and those who are serious when reporting, rarely, something that's worth reporting.

To fix part of the things, on the server, he's remaking the whole set of rules, both RP, ASF/CSF, and even few updates to server rules. The RP boards are already limited so there are no conflicts over there, this after a time with no RP boards at all and requests to add something similar to at least post the good RP situations.

So admins and most of the staff is doing their job as good as they can.

On the forum it should be easier, but it's not, when somebody can't make objective decisions, mainly as not everyone knows the stories and reasons why the fights start.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: , ().