My feedback

There are 54 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• Spiky....... just give the info already. Otherwise we will have to spread rumors that {LP}50 pack is your "girlie - man".

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• ur getting a bit off topic

however... thats my feedback
    and if you think about it you will notice that its not far from the truth

all these small troubles prevent every good progress here
    and while i even could decide (in theory) to open a new game section myself by founding a new clan the big problem is called time
    Ive to use my time to keep CF running somehow... I spend my time to keep the status quo and it is getting harder with every year.
    In a few years there might be nothing left worth working for and this community will shut down.
    There is not much that I can do against it.
    The day will come that all the work and time ive invested will play no role anymore.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OP => here is ppl who care for SWAT and CF!!!

• The expanding any community to other games is usually hard. From my experience, it's hard to organize cooperative games expecially with more than 3-4 ppl.

I'm suggest to create the topic where people will post most active and lovely games with possible network. It could simplify a bit to find common tastes.

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

• ive done that various times in the past... but like i said.. i cant afford the time anymore

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• SWAT_OP-R8R:
    Just don't give up. Life would be boring without challenges ;)

[BattleCommand] InterGame Clan 1-st Founder

---
    In game signatures:
    [BC]afGun, [BC]Ksygon-Geleon (battleship)
    ---

This dream is a universe
    And every soul shines
    Where the darkness turns into light.
    I take you to fly with me
    And follow the way
    There will always be a new day!

Edited once, last by Griffin: Cleaner embed :p ().

• I`ve seen just Mich on GR around past few weeks - noone else when I`m online. So, newcomers seems bored to read the server rules, system rules and learn CF. My duty last time is explaining them what is RP, and other rules. Ppl sometimes deaf and won`t to hear anything.
    With all rules- breaches I suggest to part play-time within GR to cover min. 12h. First time 9:00-12:00 . poor for RP, but rich for small incidents with new players. Most active server-load time is 17:00-23:00.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Is it Maxbur. Between 17:00 - 23:00 is propaby max load time. As well as, i could help as well, if is need.

Thx, but I`ve asked for rest of active GR help. I couldn`t take it alone.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• interesting feedback. I am a bit suprised that some important people avoid discuss your feedback by turning this thread to another direction

My 2 cents

@OP

Such incidents are not only about the involved players/clans... they have direct influence on the server and in the end on this community. So it does not surprise that the server ranking of CF decreased during the past weeks.
    If you want to damage this server and the community then you are on the right way.

It is also inacceptable when clans cause damage to other RP types by constantly targeting players with opposite licenses.
    Roleplay lives only when being balanced... everyone who is trying to break this balance will cause the RP to collapse.
    Once that happens you have damaged your own clan, all other clans, the server and this community.
    That of course only if you would care.

Action- reaction . And imo "there is too many alliances" between clans. most of the clans interfere with other clans businesses. many years of personal issues unfinished.

Ive been told that there are clans that tell their members to stay away from SWAT. I have to ask myself what the reasons behind such statements are and if such clans are actually still interested in this place or if they are just using it for their personal benefit.

Yes. and everyone knows that. And its sad to say people usually comes here only to ask (or cry). It also explain why i didnt see anyone quote what you said

all the rest i tottaly agree and share your point of view

@DSC
    i dont waste my few time chasing you... if you keep away from alaska.
    Cro not all clans have all menbers super fighters. we have menbers that like to explore, or try new ships, or kill npcs. its easy to attack new members... but not that easy to kill the vets right?

@Dev Team
    Btw thanks for the Dev team for the latest anti-cheat update. Everytime you guys make un update we see people leaving CF. Wonder why :rolleyes:

About new games, I think Swat need someting to attract players from other games to come and stay here. For example the games i like to play are not the same that other player likes. Like spiky mentioned the games OP is playing are not the same spiky likes to play.
    What made clanbase being so famous over the last years? it created tournaments, hosted several games conpetitions, created prizes, made some clans professionals, had huge marketing and sponsers etc etc. Thats not easy for sure, but would be a good start if swat can support clans in other games. A big step was enable people to create clans foruns inside swat.. Now we need to bring clans and games to swat

• My biggest complaint is the people who tend to camp out trade lanes, docking rings and mooring fixtures to try and shoot and kill people. That is because for the people coming out of them cant auto fight back right away, which gives the person camping them a distinctive unfair advantage.

• it does not matter what games I play (as i barely have time to play other games)
    point is that other games which would fit into the portal are being played by the community members... outside the portal

on one side everybody wants an active community but on the other side nearly nobody is willing to do something for it
    Its always me who has to invest time, money and alot of work pushing things here.
    Instead of supporting Freelancer I could drop that game and invest my time into a new, modern game which certainly would be more beneficial for the SWAT Portal.
    Because of Freelancer the Portal makes no progress anymore and the time that we can not keep the status quo anymore will come for sure.

Knowing that this Community supported other games 9 years ago with ease and seeing the current situation where the members do not care about it eventhough we offer much more resources and possibilities just sucks.
    For me it is highly demotivational and its getting worse for everyone here that is supporting the Portal aswell.

It is not that I every raised the impression that I would be against the introduction of something new or that I would have not provided the neccessary resources for it.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think they don't want to post their other game stuffs in SWAT , because their friends are in another place and they got used to it in there instead of here. If you can get them all here , it might eventually work , no idea.

just sayin...

• If other games are being played by members of this community then we should know which those are and on what platform.
    People need to say what they want and what they are interested for instead of waiting until its somehow finished or started.

The forum is probably not inviting enough - but well thats something we can internally discuss in the Staff board. Eventually starting meetings again can also be something to get "closer" and things done. Dunno but less or no communication wont help at all, in opposite too much too.

signature.png

• Are there any games more modern than freelancer that would be able to be hosted at SWAT?

I think Huor has good points. I do see what OP is saying and agree with alot. I would like to see huge numbers of players at SWAT....no matter the game. Question then is is SWAT like Steam or something?

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• To be fair I don't want certain people of this community to be ANYWHERE NEAR my and several other people's (including SWAT veterans from a distant age most of today's members have never even heard about) project to be a part of.

Furthermore, where is the incentive to pursue certain interests in connection with this Portal? I always wholeheartedly had an interest in the growth of this community; respectively to certain limitations.

Please bear in mind that this does not necessarily reflect my point of view but merely suggests an hypothetical behaviour of this community where people simply don't see an interest to stick with the portal. There are and have always been a negative tendency to 'look down' on newcomers, which is in my opinion a huge problem. This prevents growth for this community and when you analyze it carefully you will see that, eventhough the portal reflects growing numbers of visitors, it does not mean that we realistically acquire new community members. Why is that? Partially due to an elitist behaviour of FL veterans and a general neglection to help newcomers. Of course you might argue that we answer all their question they direct to us on this portal; but sometimes we do it with such an arrogant attitude that newcomers simply feel intimidated and end up leaving this community all together -- because they feel that they do not fit in.

Freelancer has such a scarce amount of players that it is difficult to really please all their wishes, we are a very tight network of people and each of us has very specific goals and interests (I think this would not be so much of a problem if tens of thousands of people would still play FL... but hat is just an assertion based on personal experience).

I am of the opinion that we as a community have reached an impass where we are blocking ourselves to evolve into something greater. A way to surmount this problem for us is to expand this community to different games... And this brings me to my first point again. Why would I want to have my friends or my clan associated with SWAT?

For me it's quite a difficult question to answer because like I mentioned I have a big project going on for a very hyped game (and undoubtedly game of the year potential) and I feel that if certain people of this community would get close that project they might damage it too much... this may sound very stupid but I believe that this is a valid argument.

Anyway my point is if you really want SWAT to expand to different games you need to be able to answer that question. I think the problem does not lie within CF but within the reluctancy of this community to work together and to achieve more. But even then I don't mean to work with 'everyone' together per se. You need to do it with people that you trust, people that you like and can work with. It's really not helpful to always point out the problems and to try to come to an agreement; some people just hate each other and you will not be able to change anything about it. Spend your energy with people that you can work it.

Like eventhough there are obvious problems between BG and PX; BG could expand to a different game while PX does the same with a completely different game. And that creates two completely new sections for this portal and ultimately would attract new people and I am even optimistic that problems between certain parties would eventually automatically disappear because the focus would be on completely different games.

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

Edited 2 times, last by Spiky-: dsd ().

• [ks]A serious post from spiky? Really? :P [/ks]

You bring up a valid point though. I am wary of encouraging people to come here, because I don't want them seeing the drama and shit that goes on here, and see it scare them off.

"The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    "As I walk through the valley of the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because I am the baddest mother fucker in the valley"