Crossfire 1.9 status

There are 175 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Status update:

As we have not released the mod weeks ago and kept it on hold due to various reasons it appears necessary to me to mention that despite the not done release the dev team is still kinda on schedule.
    How that?
    It originally was planned to do a small beta test with the members of this community prior releasing the mod and then releasing the core version while building the server version, the lag reduction kit and the new hook afterwards.
    Well, we dropped the idea releasing the mod when we originally had planned it but we kept doing our job... doing the to-do list step by step.

The originally planned beta testing with +10 members of this community was canceled.
    Instead next to me 2 community members were chosen to test the mod. That had the advantage of having very professional feedback. This beta test is running meanwhile for more than 3 weeks. After that time it can be said that the mod is so far running extremely stable and bug free withing the engine limitations.
    The tests were primary based on singleplayer story tests and general stability. Gameplay related tests are naturally included.
    An online test was done 1 week ago with more or less good results.

What does that mean?
    1. As far as we can tell the server version of the mod including a very intense lag reduction kit (a very new version) was working stable as far as we can tell from that short test.
    2. We could not do any performance tests due to the low amount of players... the natural side effect choosing just a few people for such tests
    3. We also could not make long term stability tests... but i see no reason why the server should suddenly become unstable... especially as all known bugs of CF1.82 were fixed and during the entire tests no errors were logged
    4. The test of the new CFhook version 3.0 failed -> it crashed the server everytime we activated it (more about that later)

The mod as it is is done.
    As already mentioned several weeks ago only 2 parts are missing.
    1. the new intro
    2. the new CFhook

The creation of that intro took also meanwhile more than 3 weeks and should be done within the next few days. Right now i am downloading the final draft and will take a first look at it soon.

The creation of the CFhook 3.0 (based on the CFhook 2.14 from Hägar) for sure took longer.
    Unfortunatly Hägar had to leave (as you might have noticed) but fortunatly huor (who already created big parts of the new features) could finish the work.
    As earlier stated the CFhook was not stable when we tested it last weekend.
    After one week of desperate tests because Huor could not reprocude the crash on his own PC we managed to find the error and just today i received a stable working version.

I intend to do further online tests soon and detailed tests of the new CFhook features. For sure it takes some time to do all the settings as the introduced RP features are quiet complicated.
    Additionally a 2nd anticheat mechanism was introduced on the server side and for sure the config of that wont be that easy.
    If that is working than there is no known cheat that can be used on the server. 100% protection.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Additionally a 2nd anticheat mechanism was introduced on the server side and for sure the config of that wont be that easy.
    If that is working than there is no known cheat that can be used on the server. 100% protection.

Ha... great! I'm looking forward to see this in action!

8).

• best news i have heard all year :bhaha:

btw what shal we do with the cap ships i remmeber somthin about deleting them but that was forever and a half ago..... :bcrazy:

can somone create a new fresh thread about what to do with the cap ships so all the new guys can get the news? :bsarcasticsadnes:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited once, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK ().

• get rid of the cap ships

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• yeah

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• do you generally mean all ships, which have to use a mooring fixture to dock on stations or planets?
    like Soulforge Train, Battleships, Destroyers, regular trains?
    Also the large transport?

• What will happen (as we know there'll always be exceptions) with the players/chars which still use a cap ship by then ? Will them affect/bug/crash the server or they'll get deleted ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• dunno - what will happen to them
    cheat kicks very likely

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• fast!

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Oooooooooooooooooooo :thumbsup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• So, GRs and EMs - please use uni-chat to warn people about this when in game. Also, everyone else, share the informations in private, group and system chat... There are people who don't read the forums here, so this would be a nice thing to do. :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Yes, I'm already busy on the server now announcing and answering questions :)

Though, Ragnarok gunboats have to be sold as well I guess... lol

Players asked me about gunboats, for FL it is considerated a capital ship as well, so you have to answer "yes" as well.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis