Crossfire 1.9 status

There are 175 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• no offence but does it matter at all? if anything it should be in a different thread, on a maths forum :P

Hopefully back to topic now, i for one cant wait for 1.9 and as it would seem more tests are under way the release is closer then ever :D

• If test of the new fl hook (as he posted on another thread) works well, yes, the release may be close, though there're still the things as the intro to do...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• intro is done

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the info...

Silver Arrows will try and get all the chars done by the end of tomorrow.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Cool news OP !

do we have a timeline to get rid of them all?

fast!

That's all you need to know about end line atm ;)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I can't wait for this mod in fact I think I've just wet myself :D

Do you think with the release so close it's worth starting a new single player save, or will it not be compatible?

• Better waiting to start it new and clear in 1.9.
    There were few "possible" issues in the 1.8x one, so might get unlucky and stuck in middle of a mission.

Patience ! :)

• I'm running in full 1080p res so i don't see why not, had to turn some detail down though get slow down in nebulae , still looks amazing

• Well Tez, the screen may also get slow, but notice the ship itself has more inertia (less speed, slower in turning) in a nebula thanx to the unique Crossfire realistic system !

Good question about the DS one ship, would like to see it better in CF than in it's original game >_>

• if its asked too much to get rid of those ships then we instead talking about a full char whipe if that pleases you more

To Honest, OP has a good point here.
    IMHO, i think there should be a complete char wipe, after all, its a new MOD, and a NEW day in Crossfire History.
    It would be fun to see everyone on the server again buying their ships and indeed mapping the systems again.

I for one (and i am sure my clan agrees with me) wouldn't mind starting over, think of the challange ladies/gents.
    Besides, if your old chars still pose a problem for OP to sort out, more whines and moans and PM's for him to deal with.
    So I am up for a clean sweep, so the new server lag kit and all the new bits and bobs on the new mod can work perfectly
    from the start.

Ok some of you may have built your fleets over months and even years, but this would give the swat Community the boost
    it needs.
    Hard choice but I feel the Right choice.

Well done OP and the Dev team for doing a fantastic job as always. :thumbsup:

Cygna

• No it's not a new mod, it's just an improved version... and especially for SinglePlayer... It's still CF and it's not even in a day.

If you wanna start from scratch you can do it with your clan, by deleting all your chars.

The lag kit works the same for old or new chars, as there's no difference.

So your opinion is ok, but your points are partially incorrect.

It is anyway too late for changing your minds, if you could think of it by yourself before the tests were finished, it could be another thing.

Edit: As well it wasn't his "point" it was a warning, and you're asking for it.

• Only wanted to see the MOD start with little or no problems thats all m8 :rolleyes:
    So that OP wouldn't be overburdened with char problems, so problems would be NEW problems if you get my drift.
    But thats most prob not correct as you said same mod just improved.

Ok I will look forward to its release. :thumbup:

Cygna

• Yes, the only changes at existing stuff (related to player data) were at certain capital ships, and to avoid any conflict they are getting sold (deleted). The new added stuff as it never existed till now can't have any conflict.

So even if you enjoy flying a Starflier(which you can always do), there's no reason for any wipe.

• Yes, the only changes at existing stuff (related to player data) were at certain capital ships, and to avoid any conflict they are getting sold (deleted). The new added stuff as it never existed till now can't have any conflict.

So even if you enjoy flying a Starflier(which you can always do), there's no reason for any wipe.

Ok, Thanks Mike for clearing that up. 8)

I am looking forward to exploring the Vastness of space which is Crossfire 1.9 8o

I hope to see you there too.. :thumbup:

Cygna

right now...

Yes, the "now " is what matters, with "could" and "maybe" we could even be wiped by a black hole due to the hadron accelerator...
    We'll see what will happen and what's needed.

Cygna: Hope to see you as well... :thumbup:

• Its not only capships - there are plenty other things that could make it incompatible and with that would make a char wipe necessary. Just the new hook would be one point.
    But nevermind - right now there is no need for a char wipe. Everything else will be determined later and will be announced.

Nice one Huor thanx.

It was just my wicked sense of humour, to see about 60 ppl online starting a fresh,
    Including the BIG BOYS... lol...I can hear them swearing now in fact. hehe

Still...if it happens, it happens...it would be fun.

Just my opinion. ;)

Cygna

• You are from the non-aligned worlds, leader..., it's reasonable you want such complots :D