Crossfire Maps

There are 47 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RTH53.

• That could be problematic, yet, those systems need a reason to be created, aren't them (the systems in your image) empty and without civilization ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yes, those are the RL stars/systems near Sol within a roughly 10-15 light year distance Michael.

There would only need to be a few systems for the Sol sector to make it somewhat more realistic,(or occupied I guess) I suspect as that's about how many of them would be of any interest.

Perhaps one or two could be actual colonized systems like Proxima Centari, Alpha Centari, Tau Ceti, Eplison Eridani or maybe Eplison Indi are suitable stars for habitable life with marginally earth-like planets(after perhaps years of terraforming as well) or nearby starbases, they all contain either yellow or orange stars.(i.e. young stars) The rest could be just either natural resource discoveries/mining systems with a starbase here and there.

• not an option atm

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• A sight to the future beyond 1.9(1.9x 2.0), before 1.9 appears(dumb)...
    When looking at the galaxy map and thinking that small black bulb is the supermassive galactic black hole is too unreal, but guess making a black bulb of the size of the entire Sol system(still small but well, beter xD) couldn't be handled by FL's engine and PCs well, and useless as well, unless made in some way as the Dyson sphere from the outside heh. So yes this isn't an option and it's damn cool as it is now.

Now I'm thinking... CF 2.0 , now there are 2 hypergates, and the galactic intruder forces have been fought back with humanity's help, now we strike on their homes until peace's made by force. 3 new Galaxies unlocked, each of Dom's homes, Setek Razak and Nepesh, with their pets Sentinels and Savages. Humans(us) going through the hypergates to other galaxies, CF would kick all of X's serie's storyline :D
    Of course we'd need to say R.I.P. to OP as that'd be like making 3 more games in one (there're already like 2-3 diff games in 1 right now, Coalition/Altair as Starlancer, and Inner Core n aliens like Homeworld Cataclysm or so, pretty different from anything atm)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• There's only place for 1 map in-game... and all the systems won't fit in, neither by compressing Sirius into a corner to see more sectors at once(thing we tried 8o )
    So, for your Information, not enjoyment >_>

• A sight to the future beyond 1.9(1.9x 2.0), before 1.9 appears(dumb)...

I love Orion's idea of thinking ahead past the 1.9 release. It shows there is a plan into the future.. (the saying goes ...those that fail to plan, plan to fail)

I also like the idea of looking at the sol sector as a multi system sector ... The closer to real life the closer system are, the more entertaining and engaging.

Of cause all this speculation and ideas are something to put into a 'futurefile' and look at, ignore or do somethign with by the mod creators, but ideas from everyone .. how stupid or simple it may sound at the time, shows the community involvement and can and has often lead to great and amazing things.

There's only place for 1 map in-game... and all the systems won't fit in, neither by compressing Sirius into a corner to see more sectors at once(thing we tried 8o )
    So, for your Information, not enjoyment >_>

It is a pity there is space on the map for only about 225 systems (if each gridposition is occupied only by one system), but that is what we have to live with ... and it's not too bad

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Actually the closest posable planet that may support live is Gliese 581 C located in Constellation Lira end is 20 light years from earth ;)
    Also i may ad that there is almost imposable to have habitable planets around galactic core us there is so match radiation end all the stars ar very close to etch aether .
    there is something u can watch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaO3Mdh8uGg
    Personally i will love to see RL star systems in Crossfire future mods like Orion nebula end Betelgeuse whitch will go supernova from now end next 500 years
    Speaking of supernova there is Eta Carine is already went supernova but we wont see it soon cuz of her location. 8000 light years from earth
    mehh anyway.... awesome maps :thumbup:

Edited 2 times, last by Zee ().

It is a pity there is space on the map for only about 225 systems (if each gridposition is occupied only by one system), but that is what we have to live with ... and it's not too bad

Riebens, OP , and later even me (personally) tried putting the current map(of 1.8 which is way bigger than 1.7's), each sector in a 1/4 of the map keeping the symetrical form, I mean just like zooming out the sirius map and seeing 3 more arround it. You can also use decimals for better positioning between the grids.
    But it's a big problem, links between systems look wrong and all of it is worse than as it is now. For PCs with less than 1680x1050 def, the map look like if somebody dropped their candies on a table.

Maybe some day we will be able to zoom out the sector system and see the galaxy with it's sectors... if we contact some original FL coder :D As the "source" of the game was never released.

• wow . .thanks for the tip.. I did not know we can use decimals to position on the map ...

I will try that and see what it llooks like ..

thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• I... had a picture of it somewhere but not sure if I still have it.

Anyway now we have more sectors to fit in, even harder ^^
    It'd still be an idea, to fit each sector in a corner and the 5th Canis one in middle-bottom part, if you have time to try it.

• map1 changed as it was falsely flipped

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Just a little FYI folks, once CF 1.9 is released, I'll be issuing version 1.9 of the system maps I created, with the newly discovered Canis sector and an actual Sol sector map.

Currently I'm in the middle of updating them, trying to figure out ways to improve them and give them a general face-lift. More details to come when they are released! :thumbsup:

• sorry for revive this thread...
    it´s just that pxzumreden needs a pw now (dunno what happend) and i would be really happy if someone could upload all the systemmaps from crossfire. i thought the flmaps in the downloadsection are with the cf-system-maps but that was wrong :(

thx,
    Freed

P.S.: hope to see you soon in mp-i´ve just no possibilty atm to play online :(

• ahh...now i´ve found it...it´s in "systems" not in "maps". wasn´t looking down after finding "maps".

thx ajay. i guess there is no way to download all the maps at once? I´m here in the outback and well...mobile broadband is just not the best thing. :D

• uhm, unfortunately some maps of Inner-Core-systems are not available atm. after finishing the moon-infocards we should focus on Wiki again.

and for the players, who liked the PX-clan-map, u will find it attached. the links to the system-maps wont work, but for a fast overview this map is nice.

Files

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link