How's the RP and PvP these days?

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Spiky-.

• Hello old folks,

Tyrael reporting from ... God, I even forgot the names of the planets already :)

As OP said - I returned. Well still in doubt if I should come back to CF but I really miss everyone here and Freelancer/Crossfire was the first game that really got me. I was wondering if you could quickly explain me how's the RP and the PvP these days, a lot of time passed since the last time I was online. I`m even afraid that I don't have my ID ( CA will kill me ). Is IOC still alive ? What about BG, LP, DC etc ? Are there any new clans ?

Thanks guys :thumbup:

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Hey you troll ;) Long time, no see.

I saw a thread about reloading in PvP and I was like 8| ?( :cursing:

RP dead ? Awh, come on, don't spoil the fun ;) Are the old school dogs still around ? I dislike that "inactive" word in your sig.

Hmm, who knows if IOC is down and out ( <3 ) I might start a solo career as a pirate :P

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:

• Hi Mate,

good to read something from you. How is it going?

The RP is, as it always was - complaining about good and bad behavior (just have a look in the lately locked threads to get an impression while substract 50% from the "facts" - in a few words like always) but to make a summary RP returned. Many Bounties are around to be taken and the Job boards are full. For a perfect fighter like you, near to the police clans you would have plenty to do, thats for sure.

IOC is still active with a few Chatacters, imhO and with your recruiting skills you would be able to grow it again also with veteran pilots.

Don´t worry about your ID, i guess CA can help you with cash and if not some of us are still around to take place. Money is not that easy to earn these days so building a fleet of Ships is nearly impossible it´s more that you must have a look to fund your fighters.

The PvP and battles are still not what it was before like in the "old days", we have only a few Aces left around but also some new with completly different fighting styles. Missile tracking is lacking in the big Systems with many NPCs near the Players in the Systems like it was before and 30+ Players are making the PvPs going more worse. Anyway most here adapted their styles to this problem. The Server performance itself is much better than it was in 1.7.

Because of the Mod itself the Server has often more than 40 Players online Max count is near 50. OP is still busy with 1.9 which will improve many things. If you didn´t saw the new Settings and look and feel of 1.8 it would be a must for you to install it - imO CF made it to the best looking Mod around with an awesome amount of features, Systems, Races and requirements of several needed skills. Exploring is still a Key skill you need - but ofc. not if you have CA around ^^.

Clan UR (United Rebels) and Clan SA (Silver Arrows) are new as Server Clans, their RP seems to be Police where SA understand themselfes more as fighters for mankind fighting NPC´s in Inner Core while surely attracting ppl with Expeditions over there. UR afaik yet is playing the role of corrupt Cops - here and there you can find them smuggling but more in the Role of Police than SA. Ofc. this is only my impression not a must be ;). Some other non Server Clans are also around TOD and BORG survived the first few month/weeks - TOD is afaik also a Merc Clan (at least they are playing the role) while BORGs Role is not yet clear for me.

BG should be more online but unfortunaly they are online with only one player in the time when i play (Spikey will return somewhen - so 2) - still they are arround. LP has a similar Situation also active but with only a few Players (I saw Marauder and Knight). DC is active with several pilots.

Dunno, i guess that sums it up for you. If you ask me if you could have some fun when returning i have to say yes, and surely more than in the last days of 1.7

edit ps: I forgot to mention that we are realy lacking of evil, brutal and greedy pirates.

Click the image above to visit us.

• wb, take your seat

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• WB Tyrael,

one thing is sure, RP is now much more active as 1-2 month ago ... and also much more PvP fights and big skirmishes around whole Sirius space.

• Good to hear that there are still bounties flying around. Last time I was online there were not many :S

IOC has always been active with only a few chars, though in my opinion the dawn for us came a while ago and we're still recovering from it :(

I guess I`ll have some headaches with the new fighting styles though last time I logged after an year long pause and only two people managed to defeat me fighting with guns only, so if the missles are not 'hax' in bigger fights, much better for me ;)

Ah, good to know that there are new clans forming around though I really miss the old great clans like what BG used to be, UAC, LP, DC etc.

Lacking evil pirates ? Where is Inferno and Privateer ? ;)

Just a quick off-topic question - any news from Gunny, SeV, Fixxer, Wavey or any other players from back in the days ?

And of course thanks for the warm welcome guys, I missed you ;) :P

• All here present, and not so present misses you ^^

Welcome back mate, take your oold days seat xD it's rusty but still there.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Welcome back Tyrael! Things have heated up a bit, some freelancer pirates are keeping things interesting for sure lately... Here's to hoping that ASF/CSF battles will resume soon as well so that people can knock heads through it rather than messy clan wars. :P

As far as you guys in the IOC, I still see Rex Nebular around from time to time, haven't seen much of CA unfortunately though. I suspect since I'm in North American, I don't expect to see him much as assume he's in Europe.

Some oldbies are still around like (SMG)Picard, [CFPD]Gunny, {LP}Marauder, (FALLEN)Ryderhook and even Huor is still here... :thumbup:

I would be great to see more of you guys back on the server again and on Inner Core expeditions too Tyrael. :thumbsup: Take care and hope to catch you on the server man!

• welcome back, mate! :)

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Thanks guys, looking forward to see you in-game! :thumbup:

• while BORGs Role is not yet clear for me.

Group of friends, which explores the CF. They do not know RP and clan rules. Slightly incommunicative.

• wb

and Daywalker's post about UR isnt true. We are cops, we dont smuggle.. We are cops.. ok? Before was before, not now.