Suggestion: Docking on Player Ownable Battleships?

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• So a little over a year ago, i made a post (here: Mobile Docking?) about player dock able battleships, and i was informed it wouldn't happen anytime soon, but I was wondering i they might be implemented for 1.9. just curious. Thx

• Don't worry,

that's not for 1.9

It's for 1.82 and we're on it... also on several other stuff to do in the next 2 weeks, and then after those 2 weeks in about 3-4 from now, the docking with BS would be released.. or it was the cloak... hmmm Counting Hägar is back ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• sorry, but i am currently not working on player dockable playerships. and this feature is not on top of list for the next releases...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• just like haegar said it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• the only reason why this feature would be interesting is for afk people like myself...

dock... go afk... zzzZZZzzZzzzZZZZZz... boom destination reached >undock<

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• thanks for the info!it'll be exciting when you guys finally get to tat, but I certainly understand that its not a priority.

oh, and according to their website, its flak 88 that has that feature

• Also NSU, and hell it´s realy funny to be transported or released :D

That´s newbie protection in perfection :) and a bad surprise when several fighters are leaving an attacked Battleship.

Click the image above to visit us.

• as far as i did read the hook coder said its nothing that will be done anytime soon and then the admin confirmed it.

Yes Huor, but this a free "country" ;)...i like this option too, and i liked it in NSU...and yes plenty of possibilities, but bear in mind that it just did not go so smoothly in NSU ^^

• and since it is a free "country" (which one actually?) the answer remains "no"

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As clear as that :D

There are more issues, and stuff to solve add and make it work, including the requested cloak, and finishing the dynamic universe and economy one, etc...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Just to be clear with it:

This Thread is called: "Crossfire 1.9 Suggestion: Docking on Player Ownable Battleships?" Is it?

Click the image above to visit us.

• As clear as that :D

There are more issues, and stuff to solve add and make it work, including the requested cloak, and finishing the dynamic universe and economy one, etc...

who exactly requested the cloaking ability ? i guess it dates back to way before cause i dont remember ppl pushing on cloak as much as ppl do on dockable player BS.... anyway, i'll live with what's given to us ! both have advantages...

• I know that i am not an expert on this.But how can this work? If one player docks on an other players Battleship, and bouth off them get out off game.How or where can the docked player respawn next time when the Battleship player is not online? Thats sounds impossible for me.

• i think the player could be unable to undock if the player BS went offline. But i'm not sure its possible. Anyway, i've already brought this proposition in dev team talks. We'll evaluate it.

Cannot comment further now.

• Is there anyone in a position of power, who would be able to have a private message debate with me about this? I am intrigued by the idea and am willing to speak with somebody else about it.

"I will either find a way, or make one."