Suggestion: Docking on Player Ownable Battleships?

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• haegar is the one doing the most coding work and the one who has to put the code samples together

As far as I can figure out, Haegar is the only person doing coding work, because the source is not available to anyone else. Several of us asked for it on the development forum, and you said "no".

There is a "development team" but no "development team resources" for most of us to work from.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Sources were uploaded to dev forum

Not true, Huor. There is nothing on the dev forum from Crossfire at all.

The only "source" was public domain stuff -- and not even a current version of that.

And, anyway, you know better. :)

Developer Resources have file libraries, Subversion repositories, wikis, and private forums. Like the Starport Forge or Sourceforge:

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• i have seen Battle ship docking on Freelancer Nightstalkers Universe and its good mabey get one of modders to ask Nightstalkers Universe Modders what did they do to get it to work ^_^ mabey they could evan help on this mod :) ^_^ ask because there mod is brilliant ask for there help :)i think its on version 1.65

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• We can let our ideas flow internally, don't ya think so?

I agree... but you started the public conversation, right? :)

I only responded to OP's comment. Anything else should be on the dev forum, as you say.

• It was said before and I say this just once more.
    The source code of the already existing features is not your business, it is not required for the stuff that is currently in development and this is not a public project where we publish our sources.
    The work we have to do for the next version can be done and should be done without the full source code. Every feature can be written based on the original source code which was uploaded by haegar. These new features can be included into the final FLhook version by haegar.
    There is absolutly no need for you to have the full cf flhook source code, there is no need for you to play around with the existing features and do changes there, there is no need that anything we planned to include is based on one of the already existing custom features.

I clearly give a damn about how other people do other work... our ways worked in the past and i see no reason why this should have changed meanwhile.

Futhermore I have clearly said that everything being discussed or done on the internal dev boards has to stay there (unless I say otherwise)... so why in gods name do you start with such a crap here?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I assume you are talking about Huor... he is the guy who started the conversation here.

And I already said that I agree that it is a better topic for the dev forum. What happened, did you forget to take your meds today? :)

• OK - thats enough
    Since the day you joined the dev team I am forced to explain every single decision to you over and over again while you give a damn about our reasons and methods. I am sick of explaining myself and the reasons why we do our work in the way we have decided to do it over and over again.
    In the past weeks I had to waste so much valuable time because of these stupid conversations which always ended with smart ass comments and blames thrown into our direction.
    Constructive work from your side = none (of I forgot you fixed a plugin-bug which turned out to be non-existent).

Huor didnt start anything here. All he did was stating the official decision about this topic which btw. he just repeated from haegar who officially announced it.
    But you started with the flhook dev crap here and that was definitly against the conditions we agreed at the dev team.

I wonder if it is useful for the CF development to keep discussing with you over the purpose of our work and methods while we could actually use that time to do that work instead. After several weeks watching this situation I am tending to answer this with "no".
    Well I can tell you that you dont need to worry about the FLhook source code or our methods any longer. I'd like to concentrate on the neccessary work and the people which are really willing to help without constantly complaining.

This topic is over aswell as your time on the dev team.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!