Crossfire 1.82 released

There are 73 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• got me a brand new computer with window7 , my laptop did'nt last more than 3 years :patsch:

i tried to get back on track with the brand new mod 1.82 but it did'nt work, error message about .OCX

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition'

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX')

On google I found and downloaded a "fixer" program but I'm not shure it's save... :huh:

Is there a helping hand to guide me a little ?

Edited once, last by NewPol ().

• fraid2 no, not related with FL or Crossfire ;)

It's a old signature, dunno where i found it, I suppose with google :D

My problem is not yet solved : did a new download of Crossfire and FMM at swatportal

putted the downloaded msinet.ocx in both System32 and 64 but getting the same message : Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX') X(

FAQ is not very explicite about it, I'm in distress ;(.

• *cough*
    we meanwhile use Crossfire 1.82

*cough**cough*
    there are ships in CF with similar shape
    creating an exact rebuild of that ships would take a few hours

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ok i understand. i was just asking. thanks for the answers

By the way, A lot of new or remodeling ships in CF have a great look and are so playable in dogfights.

fraid2
    spacexplorator

• Yes :D

The new ones have a great look, especially with that artifact look golden machinery at the engines of the new ships :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Sorry OP if it's stays 1.81 but your download at swat has only this, still 1.81 .... never founded a download with 1.82 :(

And yes you have reach 1.82 working at 1.9 i know, I'm here sinds mod 1.3 and downloaded 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8.1 but I cannot YET play 1.82

I have still the same problem with installing your new mod on my brand new computer !

I have a ACER i7 860 with Win7 sinds 2 weeks and I'm trying to play Crossfire sinds my laptop did refuse duty !

I read all i founded on the forum and at google to find a solution to my problem, tried a dozen times again changing all kind of stuff but nothing is working ...

1. I have a new computer with a fresh install of FL ( so no saves to delete or so ! )

2. i made a fresh download from Swat of the FMM

3. i downloaded msinet.ocx from internet, copy it in system 32

4. i installed it with cmd running as administrator, then copy it in syswow64

5. i downloaded crossfire 1.81 ( never saw 1.82 ! ) at swat

6. i runned crossfire mod installating automatiquely with FMM ( with several Troyan horse alert from Mc Afee ).

7. going in FMM to load crossfire mod and then ..... getting the same problem with msinet.ocx

I know, lots of people has the same problem and they managed to get it working, but not always knowing how they succeded ....

dunno where it got wrong, i hope some1 will help me out .... after all these tries i did, i desesperate to play crossfire anymore, my nerfs are letting me down ....

NewPol , a veteran from the early times :(.

• Hi NewPol,

Your problem is maybe bcos you still have corrupted downloaded install file (AV ? Firewall ?) . I remember one from our member who tried almost all and nothing help. He try at last desperately last try and downloaded again mod (third download if I remember good) and then game ran (with the same install steps as before).

I advice you shut down your AV for whole download/install procedure.

• for meanwhile 3 weeks CF1.81 can not be downloaded anymore
    it got replaced with CF1.82

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Haven't you used the swat link psoted on teh first post of this thread ?? For sure it's 1.82...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• OK DONE, finaly !

Thanks a lot Michael and Martin ! :thumbsup:

There is indeed a little confusion about 1.81 and 1.82

The only link i got was : http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com/

So following your suggestions i got a fresh crossfire and FMM dowload at "moddb" and after crossing my fingers i did the all procedure again ( ! ) ...... and it worked. :thumbup:

I tested it immediately and found my NewPol char there where I left it but i did 'nt get further ... it' late now .... i'm exausted but happy to seen you soon in game ! 8o

ps: indeed no more actions from Mc Afee in this version, great work OP !