Crossfire 1.82 released

There are 73 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Crossfire: The Inner Core: Version 1.82

Crossfire in its newest version 1.82 will include many bug fixes that are related to the single player campaign as well as the multiplayer game. You might consider Crossfire the biggest modding project related to all other Freelancer Mods currently outside. Its size is compressed 7 times bigger than the previous version 1.7. Hence you can be sure that it improves graphics, AI and offers an advanced logical extension of the original story and with that a huge compilation of new systems, new alien races to fight, a lot of new ships, hidden data, wrecks, a lot of new guns, ships. Especially for the multiplayer part new quests have been added that are very close to the original story. Dom Kavashs as well as other Dom Alien races, the Ancients are introduced into the mod.

Just to spill a figure. There are an overall of 328 bases (in opposite to 197 from vanilla Freelancer and most of them can be docked on) in149 systems (it’s nearly three times as much as vanilla Freelancer has to offer). It is in your choice in which of 78 different ships you can enjoy the Mod. As you might recognize there is a lot more that this Mod has to offer.

The above described is just an overview of the new mod. There were hundreds of other smaller and bigger changes. The most important changes were made in effort to increase the server integrity. The bugs have been reduced to a minimum, server crashes are reduced heavily, in-game vulnerabilities have been removed - with that a more fairly and friendly game play has been made available.

Crossfire is on one side a PvP server and on the other side there is much effort to enrol the RP more clearly so PvPs can be integrated into nearly every situation on Crossfire. You can decide to sneak into one of the 4 public role-plays or you just decide to remain a freelancer – it is finally your decision. There are various established Clans to join who enforce the role play and make the game more attractive - just because you are not only enforced to trade - you eventually have to escape from coppers from your smuggling tours or even evade pirates who are greedy after your money. And if that all is not enough for you there is also a side role play where the Alliance Star Fleet fights against the Confederated Strike Force what is considered a political conflict.

To summarize: Crossfire expands the original game in an enormous way. A lot of new add-ons, huge and new systems, improved star spheres, flyable battleships and huge trains, a dynamical universe that changes trade routes and equipment on a daily basis, a downloadable content system, regular events spread over the entire week, widescreen support and so many more things.

So don’t hesitate any longer - give it a try now.

The Crossfire Mod can be downloaded either on our Moddb site or on the SWAT-Portal.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sorry but I am confused. I tried starting Freelancer and the launcher loaded about 35 files and I launched crossfire in the normal way. The program crashed and since then I have been unable to start freelancer. Is this a completely new download? I have clicked on the download links and can only see 1.81. If it is not a completely new download, then is there a problem?

• yes this is a new download
    this is what it is stated, this is what i have said for 2 months meanwhile

the upload to moddb and activation will take some time so use the download from SWAT

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• many thanks to you OP and all who did participate to make.

the colors are awesome and well. I feel quite lonely on the server so far :)

great work.

• if everybody helps the server will be full pretty soon

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 5 minutes left to download and then installing...^^
    3th uninstall and install now though, as I had some exe probs with 1.81 ,.. so I had to uninstall twice -_-

• Many thx for the work, OP!
    My PC crashed and i bought a new one, so i want not install the old version, after i heard fom the new one.

See you all later

Far

• ...great news OP...

a Step by Step would be helpful... ?(

Do I deactivate CF 1.81 in FLMM first, then uninstall CF 1.81 from computer, then install new CF 1.82, reactivate with FLMM?

Can I save my CF 1.81 SP game files and reinsert them in the new SP Game folder?

...I have a lot more questions...

thanks for your help

• still downloading, thanks for the new version.

Click the image above to visit us.

• No, you do a full clean uninstall and install.
    (In that case, you don't have to delete your FL folder in My Documents, .. so your saves will be saved).

• I'm downloading it, and I sent the info to all the inactive SMG too.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Downloading now. :bfantasydreams:

File size is detected as roughly 1.4 or 1.5 Gb, is that correct? I had the impression it would be about 2.5...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Yes it would...

but OP is a Genius in overpacking and double compressing... as this installation now, once installed is way over 4 GBytes ! :D

Any other packer like rar would be about 2.5 GBytes :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• a problem appeared
    the creation of new chars does not seem to be possible for some reason
    i dont know whats wrong

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thank you, OP! Cant wait to play 1.82..

Mod installed and activated.. ready to go.. :D

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• a problem appeared
    the creation of new chars does not seem to be possible for some reason
    i dont know whats wrong

Yeah, I've tried and it didn't appeared afterwards ;/

Perhaps if you use the same coding as the original one and then make them compatible would appear afterwards?, because if you used a tool or something like that to " just add more new chars " would give an error and wouldn't appear.

Just a thought though

• Hope it's not related with the new option of having 10 chars on 1 same ID.... also hoping it's not 300 items limit anymore for 1 account :D

Anyways have some work to do... in-game :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• related to the option to have 10 chars on 1 account? .. how did you manage that? . lol I was still able to make 5 chars at maximum.

and after installing 1.82 I launched, everything was fine. flying fine, color great, behaviour of the npc's . well. nice :D
    and then I tried to create a new char on an account which just had 1 char so far. no matter what I've tried, (names, number and digits-combo's) still the message.
    Sorry the name is already in use on that server, please try another one
    appeared. And nothing happend. But I was still able to log in, with the existing chars.