Crossfire 1.82

There are 382 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• Well, also think that there were just 2 or 3 people who actualy complained.... from the at least 50 ones who downloaded the mod in the first day of it's release.

You can't rlly wish EVERYONE is Perfect :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Ok right now server kicked me out for "cheating" i was in my train and i sell 500 Engine parts form base to planet New Tokyo!I sell and use F1 to change to my APC char?

EDIT:
    This happened after the sale of my goodies!

if so then launch FL again
    the launcher took the wrong file last time (fixed)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Congratulations for the new Crossfire version OP ! The mod is extreme ! You did a brilliant job, i will try to see it with my own eyes as soon as i can !

• As far as I am aware nobody asked you to make trains dockable on most stations nor to make a new docking sequence for big ships. It was your own choice, and because of that you should be able to accept some critisicm.

I was just pleased with how things were back since 1.7, all we needed was a stable dynamic economy and things not disappearing as you jettison then into open space and switch in 3 secs, you decided to make it drastic

• Well, since the screaming seems to be over...

Where is the point now for those who was disappointed, because of new players disenchanted - for a damn hard mod which can´t be explored before you have what you need for it? We have around 550 active FL Players on a dayly Base, CF is fit for the ones being able to survive with 1.82 but i personaly doubt that players can be hold because of technical tunings (at least it was never tried, cause newbies are crying for NPCs using bats/bots) - only the Community will make it - my point of view. But sometimes after Month of hard and lonely work the frustration can take the upper hand - which is ok because of all the things you did and hopefully will do.

In case of my words of probably higher fines/taxes/bounties @Mrs. Moneypenny - as harder as trading is, as more you will pay to hold or protect your profit, simple, isn´t it dude? But a perfect placed missquoting, realy impressive reminds me on something.

Diablo

You are completly wrong with your assumption - OP was often enough asked to make Stations dockable for Trains and CapShips - and for the docking sequence, there is your opinion (which we all heard often enough now to finaly get what you want) and there is the opinion of others who don´t say something or did say it one time because some of us do not like to repeat ourselfes often, even when you try to open the topic once more i am pretty sure that the majority of Players are not against these docking sequences - far away from the point that it is the decision of the creator which way he is going. As a hint, if you do not like the CapShip and Trains docking sequences, do not fly those ships because it would spoil your own fun.

And now let´s go and play the Game - in a few weeks we all know if the stock is a good decision or not.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I am whether not sure if you what you take Mellon and Diablo and all others who complained - but seriously its wrong ;D

I think you have a shifted idea about what OP has done so far. It was him who spend his holiday on working on this mod, it was him that has taken him several hours a day just to please us all, it was him who did mostly all of the modding, scripting, bug fixing, adding new stuff, no one asked OP to make those bug fixes, no one asked OP to add new stuff to the mod - and he did it just to make it more interesting and to serve this community.

Just a nice thanks OP for your hard work?! No matter what is done you always find something that you don't like and you always find ways to impress yourself wrong^^

I have nothing against voicing criticism but the way you write is provocative. And just before you press the post button you could shall read what you have written and imagine how the opposite might understand that. I would feel attacked (not physically - but i would be pissed). Maybe that wasn't your intention - but someone might get the impression. Surely different nations, different cultures, different ways to express yourself. Whats so damn wrong to wait a few seconds more for a docking sequence? Actually a train is not supposed to dock withing parts of seconds, is it?
    OMG dunno what else to say - there is so much more but it would change anything - because you wont change - at least in this particular point.

signature.png

• Good Post Daywalker,

And still I can't believe how you people still dislike the OP's work on this amazing mod. Every new thing requires a time to get used to it. Even that 500 limit of each stock until you reach 5000 is even better than 1 stock of 5000.
    It makes the trading more realistic and it's cooler as you will need more time to make money. That's also of course adds even more RP , taxing from pirates, fining smugglers , calling mercs to help ya out etc.

From my time of playing , some people(or most of them) doesn't like the server playing as it's too hard for them. Others just leave because they got sick of it, as they have a lot of money and a lot of characters upgraded on maximum. That's why we don't have a big RP. What OP is trying to do is to slow us down so we can have a bigger RP in the server, which is a really good sign... those of you who doesn't like it, then you probably don't belong here( no offense).

As we already made it to the maximum through exploits, we need to think of new ideas of RP which can bring the server back to life. I was even thinking of a Crossfire PvP Tournament for each year. Each month would have a lot of fights and if you're winning, you will get closer and closer to the final. Of course, that's not up to me, but I think the idea is cool and it can bring a lot of RP.

Anyways, what I suggest is that you keep playing , respect the creater of this fantastic mod => SWAT-OP-R8R <= and have fun in it.

(Sorry if I am rushing the topic too, I just want you to read this post)

• I already know at least 2 players who got how it works, in-game...we found some good routes options with visiting several stations in making a nice peaceful trip and a lot of $ :D

For example Vyss, me, some other freelancer....

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Diablo
    just like DW said this feature was requested several times

and i can take critics... what i can not take is when these critics are not being voiced during the entire 3 weeks that this feature was being tested but on the first day that the final "product" is released

you had 3 weeks to say something, 3 weeks where we would have been able to do adjustments, fixes, balances or whatever.
    NOW it is too late. The mod is out, the changes are final.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Now that I have had a bit of time to acclimate to the new version, I must say that anyone who has any complaint should look in the mirror and ask the person they see if they need counseling... :rolleyes: CF 1.82 is better than anything ever done to date in the Freelancer universe! OP has again exceeded any expectation for the FL platform, and improved on his own previous work, as he always does. :D I am overdue for an upgrade to my comp, but even now the increased stability of the server, the smoothness of the graphics, the textures, starspheres, interiors, and overall gameplay are fabulous. The Crossfire universe is more than twice as large as vanilla FL, and RP possibilities have been multiplied accordingly. And think of this: the new quests have still not been implemented! Well done, OP!! You're still the Modder of the Decade! :thumbsup:

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• Have your traded recently? Have you idea how long it takes to dock and undock a soulforge train on a planet, not to speak on a station?

By the time I undock and dock 10x to buy 5000 units for my train, I can do 10 runs (or, in the case of stations, even more) with my APC for example, making the soulforge train completely useless unless going really really long distances.

I was more for making mooring fixtures on all planets for trains to dock, forcing players with trains to trade between system, bringing more "realistic" trading (a word many here like using), and smaller ships for trading between stations or stations-planets.

Why? Because planets need a lot more resources for life as there is far bigger population, and stations don't so freighters like APC and Bullpup are more than enough. If you want realistic, there it is.

I know my ideas are way too late, and I am sorry for that, I was on "a prolonged asbsence from all CF and forum activity, what's there is there, we all have to live with it. I will not comment post any more comments in this thread, good or bad.

If my idea is adopted anywhere in the future I will be happy, if not... life goes on.

Yours truly,

Diablo

• Don't shoot the messengers, but I agree with Diablo, and we're not the only ones who think that way, about the trains.
    Even setting to 1000 per load would be great, i.m.o.
    But, as he said, we'll adapt either way.

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• that will not happen
    asap i will even disallow to redock a station for the simple fact that this is not how trading is meant to be
    i have explained it already and am not going to do that again

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I know my words probably don't mean much around here, being a fairly new and a pretty much anonymous player. But I do have insightful qualities that has been among my strengths in the past, which made me a really good and respected clan leader.

It seems that quite a few people here are highly unappreciative for OP's efforts to keep an evolving server up and running. From what I've seen so far, I can not find one agrument to support the shit that's been thrown into OP's face!
    I found Crossfire 1.82 to be a refreshing start after falling off my previous home server (Freelancer Universe, btw), and OP has made a great job with Crossfire, and does so with a dedication I have not seen since the creator of the original Freelancer Evolutions mod (which IMO is the Godfather of all heavy and original mods).

I really appreciate OP's work. I'm not saying that Crossifre is perfect, but it's damned near the closest thing I've ever seen, and I've tried pretty much every mod out there..

Cheers to you, OP! Keep it up!

• It's quite right, the players who were here before the latest changes, in the 'easy times', now take it a impossible wtf.... but new players take it reasonable and quite perfect...

• It's quite right, the players who were here before the latest changes, in the 'easy times', now take it a impossible wtf.... but new players take it reasonable and quite perfect...

Right because new players dont have missile launchers which cost 23000*2/launch, and don't have bugged Bships which should be bought again.

• keli, options for missiles :
    1. ally yourself with others to share money,
    2. use only guns,
    3. fight less often and trade more between your fights,
    4. seek lucative actions when killing ppl (merc or pirate)

bs options :
    1. There was a problem needed to be solved, dont complain.
    2. i had 2 BS to replace, you had only one ! :P
    3. Its still usable in fights until you get some money to buy it again (40M)... (dont forget to keep your scanners/armor/turrets when you change so you avoid to rebuy that stuff brand new again..)
    4. jsut drp the BS and have one more free char slot...