Error Activating Crossfire Mod

There are 66 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon (SA_Forlon).

• You do need to get the no-CD FL exe file in order to play without your FL CD.

Some Freelancer features are hard-coded into the .EXE file, such as limits for visibility of some objects. Those features can be changed by a modder, but the no-CD.exe that you mention is just vanilla.

For example, using the no-CD version that you mentioned may make it impossible to see some features at long distance, that you are intended to be able to see in Crossfire, such as clues that might lead you to a jump gate or a wreck.

Also, I think that the launcher will try to overwrite your copy of Freelancer.exe.

So it is an excellent suggestion, but it may have a couple of drawbacks.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

• Hello i had same problem
    Cause of problem is Antivirus because he see Trojan Generic (like my AVG 9 i most unistall it too play csf) just disable AV and add exception...
    Regards Lordz :thumbsup:
    sorry for bad english am Serbian

• yes, if you do not add cfwd.exe and CF in FLMM directory to exception to youer AV before it's detected as a "virus" the file is deleted and you have to uninstall/install everything again

• for all the people who get the error message about the freelancer.exe for crossfire 1.81. After hours upon hours of waiting for multiple downloads of crossfire and days of trying different solutions i finally figured out what was wrong.This is what i worked out and works for me:

1. start with a fresh install of freelancer

2. download crossfire 1.7 & 1.81

3. install both of them in your freelancer mod manager v1.3 mods folder

4. go to your FLMM mod directory and open "Crossfire1.70" and go in to the "EXE" folder and copy Freelancer.exe and nameresources.dll.

5. Go into your "Crossfire1.81" folder open the "EXE" folder and paste Freelancer.exe and nameresources.dll.

6. Run FLMM as administrator and install "Crossfire1.81" to what ever settings you want.

7. now run freelancer as an administrator.

I hope that this helps people with their problems because crossfire is awesome and i want you all to try it!

Come to Australia

Home to 7 of the worlds top 10 most venomous snakes

So enjoy and avoid long grass and deserts

• ok first up ive just joined the forums for this one mod to try to get working, atm ive disabled all anti virus gear and whatnot, and waiting for flmm to activatie 1.81 for me if it doesnt work again i was wondering if anyone can give us a link to the freelancer.exe and nameresources.dll file of 1.7 so i can try matgam's help, as i dont want to waste my download limit on a hugh download for 2 smaller files.

also im getting the same errors in flmm 1.31 as the guys before that said they have the torrent copy of the game, i have the orignal cd version in my drive right now and getting the the same errors even after following your install instructions fromm the hitchhiker guide to the galaxyu flash thingo, and this is running on my XP machine.

also is there any chance for getting this forum to show up for all guest rather then having to sighn up to the forums in hope of a 5 min fix for a popular mod

• No, it was made that 'guests' dont see all the posts so they sign up, and see there is More here, also server players have to visit this forum sometimes, for Server rules, for AF / CSF events, for the daily events.... details... patches, bugs, etc
    Also, WELCOME to the Swat portal :P

On a normal XP machine, it should be simple...:

firewall and/or AV temporarly closed, including live scan.
    1 clear freelancer installed
    1 flmm 1.3.1 (<--- not 1.4)
    make the CF download unpack inside the FLMM
    then the FLMM should start alone, if you placed teh mod well, else start up FLMM anyways and select "CF 1.81 Client Version"
    choose the convenient options, lower card, higher card comparing 128 Mbs, the green bar will go until half with no problem, (is the testing part) after it, it wil lstart installing the mod, if you click or move something it will go white BUT IT STILL WORKS, Try NOT clicking neither moving the flmm and it will go green until teh end, in both ways the mod works.

Remember if 1 mod activation failed, you need a NEW fresh install, because the flmm Can't clean the old FL install after an error, and it will give you more errors. That's why everyone tell sabout a 'clear' or 'fresh' FL install.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I recommend not to follow the above explained describtion. Its wrong and causes other problems (server integrity). Manually copying files from one version to another is purely not needed.
    It is known that FLMM seems to stop working during he activation process. But it is not! The problem why this appears is that the GUI is not updates due to the kind of implementation. Nothing what you should be worried about tho. Its still working in the background. And to activate a finally 3 GB game takes some time.

You should just follow some steps before you activate the mod, something like setting your AV program on inactive for the activation time, make sure you removed the read-only flag for all files and directories for the activation, make sure you run the FLMM as admin. There is really not much needed to get the mod activated - just a bit common sense and some thought before would result in a properly activated mod.

matgam. I would highly recommend to you that you make your installation again. The CF 1.7 and CF 1.8 versions are different thus they are not fitting together. And the installation of CF1.7 is not needed at all. --> no one needs to download the mod twice!!

signature.png

• ok sorry about the late reply (had dinna went for walk) tuning off trend micro worked, so im about to play some single player, sould i only worry about launcher updates if doing multiplayer, also if the ppl who make the mod could add into the package pics of the differences for the mod options like trent and juni skins, hud choices and what not. or if there in there already please point me to the directions of the pics cause i am hopelely blind and cronically lazy

• I recommend not to follow the above explained describtion. Its wrong and causes other problems (server integrity). Manually copying files from one version to another is purely not needed.

And to activate a finally 3 GB game takes some time.

matgam. I would highly recommend to you that you make your installation again. The CF 1.7 and CF 1.8 versions are different thus they are not fitting together. And the installation of CF1.7 is not needed at all. --> no one needs to download the mod twice!!

After a bit, noticed you was talking about the above-above explanation of Matgam's with CF 1.7 due to manually copying files.

It's 4 GBytes once installed ^^

And true, never download CF 1.7 anymore if you find it...

you only need 1.81, and if not today, tomorow, teh CF 1.82 MOD will be released !!
    so you can prepare a clean fresh Freelancer install and a new fresh FLMM for the CF 1.82 version ^^ you won't do anything with your 1.81 one in a bit, except playing singleplayer, ofc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• thanks huor, maybe you can get them to add something like screens of the different options for the futre intsall instructions, as i just finished the intro and saved before i cheacked the forums, and defualt options trent looks lke a jedi acadamy reject, no offence to the guys doing the modding work, but some screens of the chocies would be awesome

• you're right :) Thatswhy i posted those two because i knew how i can add them. As for player bodys i have yet no clue how to show them - because that needs to be extracted in some kind. Well the idea of you is nice - but its a bit of additional work to do where no priority was put in yet.

I'll add this to the TODO list, thanks for your comment.

signature.png

• True, noone really knows how all the character options look like.

Also people who install the mod for the first time should have this in front when choosing his options... like knowing to choose the 'long intro' videos at teh beggining, or 'no intro' for not having to press "Esc" all the time :D

• just a quick SP questions since you ppl are here, im running out of place to put the slaves/ prisoners is there anywere in liberty were i can sell them for more then $1, seems the american system is overflowing with slaves and i cant get a decent price for them, and leaving them to the cold ness of space is just a waist of resources.

sorry been playing pirate x3 lol

sorry been playing pirate x3 lol

Capturing pirates and getting them to prions is a cop's job :D

So, gratz on being a good copper :D

• holy shit
    you have mixed 2 mod versions that are 100% incompatible with each other
    by doing so your launcher has got the CF1.7 update files from the server instead the 1.81 ones which seriously has corrupted your game files
    CF1.7 and CF1.8 have totally different launchers with totally different update routines
    you probably have the must buggy Crossfire version worldwide now
    next to that thousands of infocards and names are missing

have you tried to connect to the server with this version?
    if so this would explain the heavy problems we had a few days ago

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!