SAVE FL - Collecting ideas

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• Post your ideas here:

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• For starters I think one of the best ideas is to make the game more realistic in several ways.

Such as a cockpit that can be viewed internally 360 degrees with a targeting system that follows the pilots head movement, which enables a continuous visual.

Endo/exo docking ( without cut scenes) that allows the player to enter a docking ring manually and actually pilot to the landing pad or even explore the surface via flight, even combat.

360 degree area of play with stations and planets at all points of the sphere.

Dynamic NPC interaction in the bars etc, where you can have a choice of several " offers" at one time consisting from legal to illegal and based upon those choices it starts to mold what your character will become, police, smuggler, criminal etc.

Ships and weapons specific to your choice of RP and you can only purchase those that are for your choice of faction.

Docked missions: Your char can actually be involved in missions etc that require him/her to dock and engage in whatever fits his char. Including assassinations or melee with other players.

Fuel: Actual fuel consumption and "fuel depots" in each system. yes you have to pay for the fuel.

Of course the graphics to really enhance the play.

I have more, but lets see what others offer.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I thought this was the "ideas" thread.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• you could use oanda for calculating current and recent exchange rates^^

• please no starport stuff here... I can not support such kind of stuff as i dont believe that it has lead to any positive results

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, as heard, the banners with sound of warning,well a warning its that's clan territory is great, but, there could be a group of systems that be the Home of ASF, and CSF (each one on the opposite sides of the map, sure), where each clan based on one side (like police ones on ASF, and pirates on CSF) have a planet for their own in the center of the main system of each side, filled with many bases, planets (for each clan and more) and 3D trade lanes... meaning some go obligue half to up, or to down, and so on... like a multi leveled subway, and more... I know this is easyer and take less time than many other graphich and sound things, that also gives a better reality to the game.

I think, there could be as the title says "New Worlds", and also remake of the old ones, new bases and civilization (habitable-dockable planets on some systems now are empty, with tradelanes) showing a pass of time, that changes and upgrades the whole universe :)

Also, it could be nice and usseful there were more ships with exactly the same statistics, armor, shield, agility, firepower etc, but with little diferent models, skins and colours, so people don't start getting uglyer, rare or worse ship just to be different by the others.

Eventually, an pretty fast thing to do, makeing a "Road to Glory" section as the road to Hyperspace, but makeing it way harder, makeing it imposible for one fighter, where just a big nice group of good fighters and BSes survive.

I have another idea, but think it would be hard... but damn Great, that fighters can dock with battleships, I saw its possible. :)

Well this is idea post, so, here are few ideas =)

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Get a huge donation going and buy the source code off of microsoft and then go mod crazy. :D

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• this is also not about CF... its about FL
    so please stay on topic

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• well a crazy idea is to ask Microsoft to make the game free to download.

but that probably wont happen:)

EDIT: another one is to advertise the game itself as the best
    SI FI space sim on gaming websites. (a bonus if they sell it)

if they see the game it wont leave there mind right! :D

EDIT: another one is to get the support of game
    development company's willing to develop Freelancer 2
    and take the rights of the old FL source code in the process
    to make better mods? 8o:D

microsoft will probly give in to a game development company
    about the source code thing :)

• There are a lot of poeple out there that cannot get online because they dont know how to.
    microsofts gobal server is no longer working as we all know, this is where the probem starts .
    Can eney thing be done about this, is there eney way you can be rediected people to another server .

Originally posted by RECON
    There are a lot of poeple out there that cannot get online because they dont know how to.

Continuing you:

[..] so they hit google. SWAT should be in 1-10 results for anything FL-related, and also should have a static page (or stickied forum thread/post) explaining everything :)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• ok
    more...

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by magnet

Continuing you:

[..] so they hit google. SWAT should be in 1-10 results for anything FL-related, and also should have a static page (or stickied forum thread/post) explaining everything :)

Translation of these threads would surely help a lot players who aren't good with english (ppl from Germany, South America, Italy, France, Asia, whatever). For example, FL was EXTREMELY popular here on 2k3, but it ended as the websites' online servers deactivated FL servers to put BF, COD, NFS, OMGWTFBBQ servers.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

Originally posted by RECON
    There are a lot of poeple out there that cannot get online because they dont know how to.
    microsofts gobal server is no longer working as we all know, this is where the probem starts .
    Can eney thing be done about this, is there eney way you can be rediected people to another server .

This is indeed the starting problem for getting or holding players on or to Freelancer MP - cause we are interested to get ppl online, no matter to which mod.

Probably there would be a chance to get the GLS Workaround as inofficial patch to the official MS FL page.

Afaik you had a solution for holding the LS of MS for longer before they cancled it, so probably you still have the contacts and could make this happen.

Click the image above to visit us.

• well yeah - bas requested that I add his site (http://www.freelancerpatch.com/) to the MS fansite links
    I didnt have the time yet

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,