SAVE FL

There are 45 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• This board is purely to collect ideas how to promote FL, get more players online again and save the FL community.

This is not a new idea. Starport tried something similar but without any noticeable effects (coz imo they simply have no real concept). We will do that stuff a bit different. More organized... more serious.

The board is getting used to collect ideas in one thread. Once this is done a concept is getting worked out.
    Short term measurements
    Long term measurements
    and definite agreements how to realize them because nothing is worse than a good idea that fails because of the lack of support.

Every which fits into our concept gets an own thread where it gets turned into real. The ideas will get observed and redone over and over again until they show noticeable results or turn out to be not worth the effort.

If we show inconsequence this project will fail. So thats no option. Either we give everything to we do nothing.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If we want promot FL - we should be sure about its fortes and its weaknesses. What makes the game playable.

We have to measure ourself with other games of the same genre (to name Eve with a big community) and other games (WOW, all those first person shooters). What can we offer to make people playing this game - FL

Well the vanilla verson is nowadays really nothing really new players would like to play.. The gameplay itself is better than in eve and x3. Nevertheless the story has its good moments ;)
    The mods are the perfect chance to get people back. Cause there we have more people can interact with each other - in game. The clans as well.

So imo we should point out what makes FL playable and why we play this game and not others.

• yeah - will do

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The adverstising should be done for the Community and TSP did a good Step with the Community Bar imO.

But just to say it, when i am searching through the Web the only easy thing which can be done by all is advertising in Community Portals from Members, like Simba did it on sivhosten, those articles are pretty well ranked.

Multi Clan Portals are good Platforms aswell. I tried advertising CF in some Forums but the outcome was lets say not good enough for the Threads i wrote. At least there have to be much advertising to get much ppl to the Game.

There are pretty much Reviews, Videos and Articles about Freelancer around from the Wikipedia to Gameing Portals which we just can copy and paste to a good article. What we need is a massiv amount of Players/Interested Community Members to spread it all over the Web in Blogs, Forums and Portals.

Eventhough we would be able to communicate with Game Magazines to write something about an active FL Community. Maybe we have ppl. who can write a real Article as a presentation. After it well known active Community Members can take the lead to choosen Magazines.

Just some ideas for the beginning...

Huor

There are some pretty well running Vanilla Servers around aswell.

Click the image above to visit us.

• I dunno about that Daywalker. I just think every server outside has modded parts - even if its only flhook.

My saying is: Before we promote anything we have to figure out what players would distract from their current games. Something that keeps them here.
    I am not a friend of posting advertisement in other communities outside that are far away to have something to do with gaming or fl. But I have no clue about this. Should be done by professional users^^ where i am not a part of (related to advertisement).

• Freelancer needs a place like the Lancers Reactor back, one unique place where all the freelancers can join to find about mods and news of freelancer, advertise mods, servers and clans.

knowing that BP is back, hopefully the old list of The Lancers Reactor registered users can be recover and the word spread in to gatter all the old players in one place

there's to much places/portals around sharing modding information which in some way is spreading the community in stead of uniting it.

There was a time when the lancers reactor was on of the first links to show on google when looking for freelancer game, that's the place where it should be right after the the official freelancer site.

I am not against the creation of new mods (to be true I enjoy to try different mods), but the true is that the wide range of servers is spreading the community more then uniting it, I am not saying that they should finish, but I am saying that there's the need of more freelancer modders to unity in the way of making high quality mods.

For last, the greater thing in freelancer is the join of difrent sorts of playing in one only game, since the pvp, exploration, trading, the engine itself is not the better for it, the concept behind the game is the strong thing, if there is any engine out there capable of making something like freelancer, then it should be the place for the modders to look at...

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• Starports FLCN actually didnt really cause positive effects - at least for SWAT
    Ive observed it and the use of that tool is minimal... that is also one of the reasons why SWAT is no part of it anymore

I also wouldnt bet on BP
    his return was promising but meanwhile its clear that bp has no chance to do neccessary changes
    he meanwhile has abbandoned TLR or at least decided to go a different way (I will introduce that later)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    I also wouldnt bet on BP
    his return was promising but meanwhile its clear that bp has no chance to do neccessary changes
    he meanwhile has abbandoned TLR or at least decided to go a different way (I will introduce that later)

Maybe try getting BP to join us?

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• you can try it

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by ʇǝuƃɐɯ
    Maybe try getting BP to join us?

When i´ve learned just one thing in the past then it is this:

Some places will accept only one top dog. It would be contraproductive imhO.

Click the image above to visit us.

• BP is a cool guy, very important to the whole FL community imho.

However, only one man can't do so much on a thunderstorm (got it? ^^)

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• The major reason I've seen that turns people off FL is the lack of content. After beating the story, there really isn't much to do, even with mods.
    Dunno, just my two cents.

• Mods are the key i wasnt playing fl till i got crossfire

• indeed
    mods are the future... the question is how this knowledge can be used to attract new players

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Please excuse my interruption...but as far as advertisement is concerned...wouldn't it be cool if we had a blog about CF rp in one of the major blog sites, in which we could all write...(wordpress for example) I've read some pretty good stories wrote by the CF community, all clans have some rp stories that would be very cool, also stories from the ASF/CSF conflict...These stories + cool screens attached to the text could attract alot of people if advertised correctly...

This blog could be like different testimonies from different points of view...like in a war, from soldiers...

The password for the blog could be shared by all the major clans and veteran freelancers and all of us could post there...weekly, monthly or we could put somebody in charge of it and the rest of us sending him/her the articles and screens...

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• I can write some stories...

Well, FL has a LOT of mods, but many are unfinished, or aren't just that good. People to help the projects? There are many, but they are on their own projects, which maybe will never /b/ released.

I know my mod could add some more manpower to the FL community, but I think some ppl here already know what's happening in my case. And it happens with other modders too, I bet.

Creator of the SWAT Mod: Freelancer: Expanded Universe - currently halted due to university activities, but you can help if you want :D

Go to the FL:EU's forums

Also click here...

Pff, I'm not afk. I'm just lurking, coz I don't have even time to post, think about the time I have to mod >.<

[instagib] [woot] [instagib]

• Hi all, left any game quite a time ago, but got dragged again to crossfire thanks to wavey, hehe.
    On a direct recruiting approach hehe ... If you don't mind kiddos ... my boys are very interested in the mod, eventually they can bring quite a few of 13 year olds that are currently playing together on wow pirate servers ... but language barrier is the problem.

[prost]

• i believe i see a ghost
    wb corp

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,