Posts by Corp

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    i believe i see a ghost
    wb corp

Hehe, thx Op.

Btw (very late) congratulations for crossfire 1.7, I am just discovering it.[w00t]

And Arve told me about the efforts for the 1.8, If I can be of any help ... not much time, but for fun things and deserts there is room ever.

Now about the topic, I am wondering if maybe possible to have language selection in crossfire. The in game texts translated or maybe just the important speeches and help. That would bring quite more players (but communications problems) as the "base" game, if obtained legally, is quite cheap, http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/o…00067NYR/playfreeonlin-21 (for example).

Hi all, left any game quite a time ago, but got dragged again to crossfire thanks to wavey, hehe.
    On a direct recruiting approach hehe ... If you don't mind kiddos ... my boys are very interested in the mod, eventually they can bring quite a few of 13 year olds that are currently playing together on wow pirate servers ... but language barrier is the problem.

[prost]

:D

Let me guess ... you are in college, isnt'it?

BTW, I think that what OP tries to illustrate, is that you have very a dificult task to fix things without having the source code and having to rely on ambigous error messages. The knowledge and experience of OP about what message refers to, is not a thing that can be trasnfered easily, or at all.

EDIT:

Or ... Op, you have the source code? I read something about it being released but found nothing.

Privateer is right.

Steal or Tax, thats what they do for a live. And it is normal that the victims are not happy with it, so if you cant stand it, then piracy is not for u. There is not such a thing like a pirate nursery, if you want to be a pirate, better be good and better be prepared to be an infamous personage.

So ... if there are reports of piracy, please post the offenders. If they are found to be true pirates then they will be pursued and punished. It would be good to post a list of pirates and perhaps to put bountys on his heads.
    Of course any player is required to report to the police (any police/military clan) any time he sights one of this criminals.

Diferent game, i like it, yes i like it, but, it is different, I can play both, i love the the fight arcade fun of freelancer and its playing stile, but i ever liked the very big big strategy games with its micromanagement and shit and eve-online reminds me of those but being inside and at a big scale. I love that big scale, but i hate its pseudo-cheat, that you can buy with real money advantages for the game X(.

Besides cheating, lag screws all, just a player bad connection or a downloading one creates lag on the server and makes the server look bad.
    To have a good server (well, i really think, the best server) there must be a quality control on that.
    In my opinion OP is absolutely right that only a good roleplay base will keep players on it, but then, lag screws all, and it is a shame that a great server and the best mod is f.... by a lame player who dont cares about its connection.
    What are the solutions to this?
    Seems to me that flcd does a 2 way connection check against its own server, but perhaps just a flping scheme against the flserver whould do.

Originally posted by Baldwin
    wouldnt it be possible to make the files corrupt themselves when edited?

near all things are possible, but is beyond scope, at least, mine.

RG thats we are working on. To assure as much as possible the client side integrity.

About lag, on my yesterday's tests on every file, i've run on cf with some dlls corrupted, as they were only for resources, freelancer works (to my sorrow) with others not. Well, however, seems that a corrupted resource dll means lag and server problems.
    If you want OP i can try to investigate client side potential problems to the server, maybe there is a prevention for this too.

Donator,
    No arguments please, but consider that if ppl on a customer attention line would say what they think it will be quite worse, but they cant, here there is not such compromise, you are talking like you are a customer and this is some sort of company you bought something, neither true, so you got your answer, not a bad one i think >>"A habit of instantly taking arguments to a personal level can quickly break your neck"<< seems to me that you began that kind of line, please, consider that this is just for fun and non profit.

It crashed to me when trying to reread the mod, by the point of parsing displayed was when dealing with resources, so it was expected. Now it dont crash but dont read anything and displays old info. I have to know a bit more about the proggie.
    This night ill do some tests, just to be 100% sure.

EDIT:
    Ill try the savegame thing too. But i want to explore a bit the wheres and hows of datastorm. Any info?

Originally posted by SWAT_OP-R8R
    marc is right - there is no 100% protection

but if it is working then i would say its a 98% protection coz from what i know about it then the only around it would be to destroy the mod

Indeed, if not for other things, at least because i am 100% sure you will implement it very wisely.

The only around it is to crack it, then the only defense here is the project itself ... why to spend time cracking a mod just for some lamer noobs who cheat and spoil everything?
    Ill try (ill try depending on time and willingness) to make it, in 2nd release, not so obvious so it cant be used as a cracking learning example for newbies.

About people wanting to change things but no cheating, well is up to op. Somethings can be free on will with the tool projected, others maybe need an extra effort, uhmmm, i dont think i want be working on this for a long time, well if some1 wants to pay ... maybe, hahahaha.

I cant confirm the datastorm thing, at least without doing something on pourpose. Ill see what can be done.
    For the protettion, well the quieter the better, but it is ok, meanwhile it is tested the first version, ill look for some improvement, i dont think that serious coders/crackers will take time on this, if they do, there isnt much to do against, but at least ill try to dont make it too obvious.
    The aim of this first version is just to work, it is about 80% finished, so perhaps this weekend i can give the first alpha. Right now is a lot of fun to do it :).

Uhmm, the names of things arent given by a function on a dll?
    For the "standard" part, i (as many others) can provide a source code based on the md5 standard source.

Oh, ok i will look on the modding forums on lancers and study it a bit this weekend, so i can speak with more real knowledge of what to check, and where it can be "inserted".

There are antimodding measures on this release?

Didnt cared much about fl modding but i think there are dll entry points where you have control, so ... a first time hash of the files and if it didnt match ... bye bye.