define cheating plz

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• If we're going for missile realism a ship should be able to carry ammo that takes up cargo space (10 space apiece?) - on the flip side, missiles ought to track a lot better and move faster. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but in a traditional, RL sense missiles resond like CF mosquitoes, hit as hard as sunslayers, and take up a lot of room of a fighter's racks. If such a thing were done though, mines, torpedoes, and CDs would have to be seriously screwed around with too. :P

Alternatively, there's also the option of homing, energy weapons... but maybe I shouldn't go there. xD

Edit: this is bogus though btw m8s... why are we trying to change all these things when only a couple people think they aren't working?

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Well Gilliam, just learn how to evade missiles. It's not that hard. Of course not everyone is good in it but only those who never tried never learned.

With the last 2 ideas introduced here at least 7 players said in various conversations that they will just stop playing FL, stop doing PvP (ergo RP), etc.

But go ahead - 1 char per player, 1 launcher per ship and of course 2 missiles for it will be great. We can always shoot NPCs and play chess with Az :D:D .

And Lance 10 pcs of cargo? Well see the problem is that 10 lifepods will be the same size as 1 missile. What a missile! It should be able to blow up a planet since we are far in the future.

It's all up to you OP, but I don't think most of the ppl will have the nerves to adapt.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• Well to make things fair for all, the issue of gun spam should be raised as well.

It is unrealistic to have unlimited ammo for guns. I think guns should have limited ammo.

Those terrible gun spammers need to be taken care of also. I just cant stand when people spam the guns and I cant win in pvp because of it. I shouldnt have to learn how to dodge gunfire thats unfair. And mines and cds should block gunfire also.

I think in pvp, people should take turns firing their guns. On the first pass one person fires on the next pass the other person fires.

Please bring back the sanity ;( please stop the gun spammers.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• I mean missile launchers not missiles >.>
    lol

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• You guys are spamming my chess thread - take it to the leader board where it suppose to be

So Simba and I can take about Chess and start a Tetris Tournament

Dont make me come back online and start something.

• People have a problem with guns too. 8o:D

I think I know what can be done so everyone is happy.

There is an option for OP as he is Server Owner to Disable Player Killings by other players. I think like that everyone will be happy and OP would also not have to do much. :P8o:rolleyes:

I am just joking guys. My missiles also do not track therefore I do not use them. I have instead developed a new skill on using missiles. I think every problem pushes the boundaries and you become better. :)8)

THE FASTEST ONE

this server aint crap the players who use it are
    nothing wrong with game or mod or server
    just something wrong with ppl
    o wow nice server police lets kill it

op can you help me i got banned and dunno why

well it seems childish but this is whats going on now

With what kind of people are you surrounding yourself making you call the entire community names? No offense inteded but I am not sure anymore if you are acting in the community's interest or your own.
    Jeez if someone would come up with "op can you help me i got banned and dunno why" it would be more worth a laugh than anything to be offended by^^. Killing serverpolice is against the rules as far as I know. SPs actually do react when being fired upon some people say^^.

The only thing childish I see here is the 'angry young men' complaining (literaly speaking).

Just try to have some fun m8. If you cant maintain a smile when being shot down in an unfair fight, community based games might not be the best choice.

• Simba: I'm not actually being serious. Things are probably fine the way they are... but since was sort of a non-issue to start out so this thread can't really digress much further.

burro: I'm glad you've caught onto my sarcasm and are pitching in. [rofl]

@Az: we might still talking about chess, but with the use of lots of metaphors. :D

• yes lets take out missiles and guns from the game
    that will solve many problems and complains

you can throw with cotton-wool balls then

guys... some changes will come... and i will balance it in the way that missile fighters still can use missiles to win a fight but that they need to stop the endless spamming
    you will get familar with it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yep agree on OP.

@the rest here: be patient for a while and stop those stupid thought about 1 char, 10 cargo, guns ammo....
    Sry for be that serious: sometimes it seems that you need not to switch off your brain when you switch on your PC ;D

• right behind your left ear is a hidden reset button

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Originally posted by -=[T-R-F]=-Huor_Súrion

Sry for be that serious: sometimes it seems that you need not to switch off your brain when you switch on your PC ;D

LOL @ OP

:D8o:P:rolleyes:

btw Huor why to keep Two Processors on as keeping one on saves power. :P:D

THE FASTEST ONE

Originally posted by supercars
    btw Huor why to keep Two Processors on as keeping one on saves power. :P:D

Dunno current development - ask the economy why they developed dual core and quad core processors if they were not needed.

^^

its a matter of fact that switching off the brain would lead to chaos ;D

• i get now my vmware working and i have 2 accounts (all taged with IOC) but really its impossible to fligh 2 ships at same time. so i log only with 2 account in if i have to do some comprehensive transfer between my chars and then log out. this is a benefit of multiplayer and make single player boring.

-------------(IOC)X-Ray---------------(IOC)Anubis--------------

Originally posted by -=[T-R-F]=-Huor_Súrion
    its a matter of fact that switching off the brain would lead to chaos ;D

..or to death :D

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• To answer privateer:

I would stick with 1 pc, however i want second one cause my dad use it from time to time but i have to keep his windows and data intact all the time.

• You know Chutes & Ladders was a cool game.......

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• So was Monopoly, but that just teaches young children to grow up to be robber barons. :D