CF1.8

There are 94 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kochie.

• as some of you already know the Sol war project is currently running good... the core of the game is working and the first mission layouts are in development atm

so i started working on CF 1.8 a bit
    doing tests... creating new effects (such as a new kind of super blackhole)
    organizing some new ship models
    and doing fixes and changes on the cf1.7 code

well besides a few systems i didnt add much yet but somewhat about 9000 changes on the 1.7 code were done (yes 9000)
    so the current update from 1.7 to 1.8 is already very big
    big like.... 45mb and 2722 files
    it will take some time until cf1.8 with all features can be released and its not sure if its going to be an update or full download
    all i know atm is that there is alot work to do and that cf1.8 is going to have many new unique features .... not to mention that its the most stable, bugfree and lagless version that ever was released

there might also be a server change in the near future due to the fact that im planning to integrate ship and equipment upgrades or multi component equipment
    that requires to run a background tool and that tool does use alot of cpu capacity (so id like to run it on a 2nd core where it wont disturb FL)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thats great news OP.
    hope it goes as you want it to :))

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• Jeez... maybe we should throw a few pennies together & buy a supercomp from NASA?

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• ok sorry - couldnt finish the post.. (work was calling)

right now there are 2 possible servers... a 1&1 server (opteron 175 2.2ghz) and a strato server (opteron 185 -> 2.6ghz)
    both are dual core... the strato server does cost 10,- more per month (but since the performance should be much better i see no real prob in that)

the problem i have with the strato server is that i wont get around the setup fee and that the terms and conditions of that contract are not "cancelation friendly"

i need to do a few phone calls to get more info now
    especially since a server change means alot of work... and downtime for the server.... not to mention that somehow i need to transfere all the data from one server to the other... and that could be connected with additional costs

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hm good news, but aren't there any setup fees with the 1&1 server? I cant really imagine... Besides I would take the strato server too, it has more power :D Besides I decided to upgrade my home system to a dual core system. Before I had only one core but operating in hyper threading mode. It was nearly the same - but nearly at all the dual core has a bit more power :D So if this background tool uses to much power than even try to get the most powerful server ^^

Whats with working memory and SATA storage devices - they can improve the performance too... dunno if you can choose this for your server.

good I like char wipes

That's because you do them yourself from time to time [12] As a 10-character multi-billionaire, I shudder to think of doing all that work over again... 8o Not to mention the negative effect on the global server stats, which other servers use to toot their horn about [rocketq3]

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• wow some good news there and yes i agree wuth this new mod there should be a char wipe fresh start for all sounds like fun.

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• 1º -I only made it one time

2º-Char wipes open a new chance for new clans and players

3º-they put everyone on same step, it's just you and you skill more then everything.

I sugest updates untill most of the bugs and similar problems are fixed, and then an complete new downloadable mod release.

eYf-Bb3kqDGZowNom6-Xa5yH0mydz8mBks6wgxw14TQ5NwEJBwfq4f1yRZFAlDX2qQ1-L2f4dN_jPCc4gHS39_4_KEcGf2rKKAIS9lt8znRUc0bbwU4HNGMbSmj-T1tQKW2T0FKHNMXYsHEHc4Qagn3xOVsBjwqOdFH4JyoGcTZdqMwXHFy76r9Fmny4UKT5zjWLQpDkuPo04jpg8sBGnCda4adtRxGHGbDw62IeEFT0WCu_go8lDBHh0WtGmPobfV87RVBaEqL3EGKAaPPRkjp-CR4J4phrjQzZQ2VUtg_-y5LTVcuqnCQugz3jfjP7xQqfvKNkjyMHKU9r4sV_D9IcYmVpYHXZ8ahWfGhesJkd0J8qCXtHRCwhnoMSF31z-piViN7S8MprdxmNA5irBMSB2cjAswp9SVe6wiATbaZEJG1bXg7_LbTVfiytOpYeKWjeQtra39Duhqgml8OV_4sQbY6hoi84NZ_mUayUfNOcCWuOlrLas3DPtvqq0cEfGOV-N6jSPssgvTCKTU4Y9OD8vIz14HCDKBAwi7NnvilwamcVEXqM3kH8YjIYyHtDaf7d8wY5caOUu4Y1AWfmJlZKMcVidj_K2RLYI_XQT8AQe3FnXn_-0fQfB2CPwbeJl_F7Nx-JLwk40KkWAON4x4TXBCq-rw9dmoLGDoS8ftamBKX9EZUxxbPSwuWzIU-ZviAWliUP_mLn8ILYZ-tt4SEnb5sUJkI0GWlLakmDHOwHtH3zAw8O0gt-wuCZCS5vGpuxt9tRDWS1_cIXvZML-ZRrZAHv0mig99hrUX4UMKGoM7FvaIiqnDDZPKMKJO8rA6jAx58nLCki-Xg8ci6ke5uspV7aCUQOmh6U3sZd5Z7acqvypYBAIo8lOMYpbCWRVqdyzaxTA_BdhKN_2OZ3aUK7qkATbEDHMxeu5d_NyqurxvYno5p-zBhnKVT6MNXRE2EpJq1cacTU9WuPNYWJSSF8kAw0_kS8QHURYgbHXpfRKENjBHUaV9h2jA=w348-h200-s-no?authuser=0

• dunno about char whipes... originally there was no whipe planned

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

Originally posted by Centaurian

That's because you do them yourself from time to time [12] As a 10-character multi-billionaire, I shudder to think of doing all that work over again... 8o Not to mention the negative effect on the global server stats, which other servers use to toot their horn about [rocketq3]

I agree. I've got 15 chars atm. I've made 44 since I arrived on CF and billions of credits have been made and lost between char-wipes. Presently Dopple has nearly 5 billions credits on a similarly large host of chars. All the wealth helps define our RP and support our activies. It takes many, many, many hours to work up to that state and while maybe it's good to even the playing field, there's no logic between a corporate clan CEO whose been around more than a year and newcommer FL having an equal financial status. Sure sometimes we redo our chars on our own, but the wealth we already have allows us to do that without having to suffer the simulated collapse (wipe) of the entire corporation.

I don't want to come off as whining, but if there is a char wipe I for one won't be doing anything but char-building for quite a long time. That's zero RP, and I'm sure I won't be the only one, because making money, aquiring equipment, re-mapping things, and just in general trying to make things how they were before the wipe often shoves everything else off to the side. Once that's done, one needs to help less capable clan members do the same. Someone like CA might end up providing for 5 or 6 other players before himself.

Sure it can sound like fun to some people to do it anyway, but it's like a loud party that ends with a 5-week hangover. I would dearly hope that the mod can make the leap to 1.8 without the inclusion of features that would destroy what players have built up for themselves all these months. OP is a very clever man, and I'm sure he can find ways to make his dreams into reality without disrupting the ebb and flow of things. Modding is an art really, and the picture is most beautiful imo when players can take their might and glory with them to the next canvas. :)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Couldnt agree more with you Lance, i changed chars 3 times and i hope never again.

During that time RP was on a long vacation.

Buy a ticket, take a ride! [45]

DD BlackOps Hassassin

• Char wipe..... noooo...... I just came back, I don't want to have to get a little wealth and then go back to square one again 8o

My Laptop: Acer Aspire 9302, Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD Turion64 MK-38 2.2Ghz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 751MB nVidia GeForce Go 6100 Graphics.

My Sound System: Logitech Z-5400, THX Certified, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. With remote control. :P

PiA Forever.

• LOL....
    im one of the richest players in CF...and i would have no arguments about a char wipe. CA i undrestand your reservations m8, all that time and effort that you have put in to create your fleet and your clan...but:

i think it would be absolutely hilarious to watch the entire server running around like headless chickens trying to gain wealth and everything needed to stop any other serverclan becoming dominant before they^^

it would increase RP too...imagine all those players heading to the X systems for MKII codes, earth for PPc's, even altair for gatts. hmm the word "blockade" could be cropping up all over the place!! :D

fun, fun ,fun...thats the name of the game :D

as for you lance, ive funded your entire fleets so you really cant complain :P

screw the server stats and the global stats, thats not what its about.

i vote for a char wipe :P

• I would hate to lose my stuff. Been through 2 or 3 char wipes already.

But if a char wipe were needed for the success of 1.8, then there is no choice.

We all want 1.8 to be as OP described. Bug free and lag free. Then CF will be #1 on the global as it should be.

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• Actually i DO WANT char wipe ^^

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• a non-required char wipe does not see logical at all to me. im sure there r LOADS of ppl not posting here who would not like a char wipe.