CF1.8

There are 94 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kochie.

• Huh losing my new toys will be worse thing ever but still if it is required... we shall spend some time in rebuilding.

CF Chars: SMG_Simba, Simba[ServerPolice], SMG_Panthera_Leo, SMG_Kovu, SMG_Smilodon, SMG_Nimravus, SMG_Megantereon, SMG_Hoplophoneus, SMG_Ginsburgsmilus, SMG_Paramachairodus, SMG_Lokontailurus, SMG_LZ129_Hindenburg, SMG_Sponsored_By:_Puma, SMG_LZ127-Graf_Zeppelin

SMG Forums

• Whatever let them get their char wipes but dont b surprised when I knock down ur starfliers with my saracen. No char wipe for me. Imagine every1 arguing whos gonna get the datadisk first :D:D gonna b a war over it :D .

LOL who want starflier wars.

• Chapter 8

Eventhough the Dom'Kavash technology is much more effective than everything we can think of and every try to attack them did fail, it is very surprising that Sirius and even Altair were not overrun by hordes of bio-mechanical ships yet. Of course the people which lost their families and friends in New London, Sol, New Berlin, Omicron Alpha and X-3043 will think different but those Dom'Kavash invasors were nothing more than scouts. Maybe they are searching for something.
    Prof. Dr. Itao Hamasaki from the University of New Tokyo brought up a theory that the Nomads have sent out a final call before the wormhole of the Dyson Sphere collapsed and that the Dom'Kavash are back to investigate on this matter.
    In the end this does still not explain why those giant fleets in Altair do not attack us. Even the Nomads seem to wait for something.
    Maybe the answer to this is originally a question. Why did the Dom'Kavash leave our region of the galaxy thousands of years ago?
    Professor Hamasaki believes that the answer to this question is hidden in the ruins of an old civilization which had its origin in Utopia.

Crossfire 1.8 will introduce 3 new alien races
    Dom'Setek
    Dom'Nepesh
    Ancients (only story related)

there will be more than 20 new quests and about 50 new ships (half of them are NPC only)
    3-4 of the current NPC ships will become flyable (order fighters)
    you will find out where the DKs left... why they did leave... and what the "Dom" means
    the release will be in about 4-8 weeks (i cant really say exact due to time and technical probs)

the bugfixing of CF1.7 has been finished... and in total about 9000 changes on the code were done already
    30 of the ships have been created and textured already... but they still need hardpoints, surs, and wireframes.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sounds cool, and i bet it will look even cooler.

I was thinking about Battleships missile turret, like the rheiland gunboat mod, it will be cool to have LOADS of missiles on BS ^^

Or at least the BS to be able to carry around 2000 missiles or torpedoes, so it can reload the fighters, it will be fun :))

Maybe if its possible to be created some cool missile that to have a HUGE range, but not so big firepower, and to be special designed to destroy BS.That way the every BS will have to be covered by at least 2 fighters, and if the BS got blown, then it loses the torpedoes/missiles it carries.

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Storyline extension is intriguing; I still did not see anything about infocard updates...^^ And it would be extremely useful to see economy info thru navmap picks in the CF systems, as already true of Sirius systems. 8)

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• i believe i announced the infocard update on the other thread
    but its going to be very hard realize due to the fact that currently some planets and bases share the same infocard
    its alot of work to find out which card belongs to which planet

but ok - here are a few pics of the new ships
    the quality of the textures is not very good in hardcmp but in game they look much better

more will follow

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Hehehe, several of the models look quite amazing. I just hope they'll be used in ways that fit the mod's already incredible feel... If I had to be critical of anything though I'd say that a couple of the skins look like they need could use a bit of sprucing up, but as as a whole the work is nothing less than amazing. Better yet I know that you're hiding the best features for the release, so this kind of quality can be expected in other aspects of the work as well. Very awesome. 8)

Hehehe, I'll have to sharpen my skills to a fine quality before this comes out. As always I'm eager to drive forth and explore the ever-expanding frontiers of your creations. I won't take this opportunity to ask for all of the features I am hoping will be included. Instead I'll just sit back and and see what happens, from the looks of it you know exactly what you want and how to make it happen. It takes a special kind of person to do that. There will be new equipment, ships, factions, and systems... it will surely culminate into something that will vault your mod even further into the spotlight and showcase your modding magic. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• thats going to be for the escape pods

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• OP, what do u think about my post ?

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:

• about those turrets?
    well yeah - incredible idea
    unfortunatly nobody is able to create new hpclasses and so its pretty much impossible to create new kinds of weapons which can be restricted to certain ships only... except i would mount them on the ship without giving the option to change weapons

oh and about the ships... i already said that the textures are not shown in a good way on those pics
    here is something you can compare

Hardcmp

and the same ship in MS3d

additionally to this in FL there will be light effects so it will look even better

and here are some more ships:

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D

Any hints m8 on what the alien factions will be like?

• alien like

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes, I suppose they would be.

• I for one am in favor of a char-whipe.....I am in full support of a fresh game, install, server. Why not do it right?

@Dopp...this can be useful to our new idea^^

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• maybe the char wipe should be put to a vote.........i personally think it would be a great idea:)

Civility is not a sign of weakness , Sincerity is always subject to proof

If you would like to join a Military/Police Clan then click on the links below

Home Of Sirius Federal police........www.sfp-crossfire.com

Home of BloodGuard ..... --==BloodGuard==--

A FreeLancers life is a good life

In Game Chars
    [CFPD]DarkLord
    [CFPD]Exterminator

• You guys have a sick and twisted view of what's fun. I'm so disgusted that I'm going to raid Gunny's doughnut stash and then vomit on each of your Shroud's leather seats. [12]

• lol !

I bet u drunk something again :D