Launcher Changes

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Time to collect some feedback about the launcher content.

I need to redesign it a bit since some stuff is outdated and some additional stuff for the next CF version is needed (like some kind of newsfeed from inside the game).

But I guess it is also the best time to ask you what also you would like to see on the launcher. What needs to be changed, improved, added?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Put Start guide as first in mod info, it have most asked info.

Sol sector can have updated map image which is in wiki now.

Crossfire server rules should lead to portal page, what is in launcher now is outdated.

Team speak ... is this used?

In options for setting Open SP I would add next short info "Campaing will END!" (or something like this)

• There is one more thing which maybe can be added into launcher and is related to dynamic economy: put into launcher short info about what is going on. If there is planned more to be added with DE functionality, it may be usefull/interesting for players. Personally I would not hesistate to add even tips for trades, but this is just something what I think aloud. Also maybe info about galaxy race event time for given day.

• My proposals:

Possibility to minimize the launcher into the task bar.

Launcher has background music - a volume slider and/or a mute button for it wouldn't hurt IMHO.

Some of the installer options like Juni's outfit, Trent's outfit, HUD color scheme, etc - could they also be changeable via launcher?

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• hint: right-click somewhere into the launcher and you can mute it

huor implemented that with the music but we probably did not communicate about it :whistling:

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I think the little Server Status can be removed too.. or changed to make it smaller. In the interest of revamping, do we really need it? And yes, if no one uses Team Speak these days, we can safely dispose of the icon :)

SMG_Mizibelle, SMG_Spellcaster, SMG_Hellcat

“Being a mercenary... Hey, we just go wherever there's a mixture of money and trouble, and everyone in the galaxy is a potential customer."

• My proposals:

Launcher has background music - a volume slider and/or a mute button for it wouldn't hurt IMHO.

Although I could add to mute the music when the game launches... Thought to have done this already - need to check the source

edit 04.03.2022: Checked it currently, the music should stop while playing and continues again when the game has been stopped.

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor ().