Clan bases

There are 40 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by |TSH| ***Tribbs***.

• Wiki section for clan systems was reworked: Clans - SWAT Portal and includes now also info about systems renting service.

• The clans that have Paid Rent have been Returned & this is a Good Thing. Those that have not Paid have been Removed also Fair , (BUT) it was the way it was done that has Pissed Off some , Trying 2 search through Many threads Like Count numbers Backwards etc ... But Hey as the |TSH| has come 2 the Conclusion that we No Longer Need Nor want 2 Rent a System then we have No Problem. the SEA of Shadows is now Open to all Pilots. The |TSH| Built the first fully functioning Base with the help of Ajay , but the Quartermaster was or seemed to be on Strike the Base bank Leaked Credits we lost over 40 Billion but could not show proof. The bases was Meant 2 help with stock & Banking! Now we Go back to the Old ways of Storage Ships.

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

Edited once, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().

• The clans that have Paid Rent have been Returned & this is a Good Thing. Those that have not Paid have been Removed also Fair , (BUT) it was the way it was done that has Pissed Off some , Trying 2 search through Many threads Like Count numbers Backwards etc ...

Are you kidding me?

Never in the past 18 years any important discussion or announcement happened in a spam thread like "count numbers backwards" or an off topic forum. The need to search information in such threads simply does not exist and that very much limits the threads you actually need to read to the ones written in the clearly labeled discussion boards with the very precisely labeled thread titles.

e.g. the information about the clan bases can be found inside the thread labled "Clan Bases" located relative on top of the Crossfire Mod Discussions/Crossfire Mod Development.

Such info is not hard to find, especially when it is a topic that has been posted recently or inbetween your last logins since the search function clearly shows you the threads, their topics and where they are located in. This has been a working and reliable way to share information for +18 years and absolutely nothing made it less reliable recently (other than the fact that people are too lazy to read the forum once in a while).

I won't going to publish information and discussions on everyones favorite/prefered platform. Discord, facebook, moddb.... etc. I dont have time for that.

The mod and server has an official forum and all official information and discussions are done on that forum. Period.

You wanted PMs.... ok... as we already have figured out the data about the clan leaders was wrong, outdated and many (if not most) of the contacts would never even have received a PM because they are not active anymore. From all possible ways to let clans (no matter who is active) know about the changes PMs would have been the worst way.

Since the forum discussions are public to every player, any clan member could read the info and carry it to his/her clan or directly take the reponsibility to act in his/her own hands. That is much more efficient than to write PMs to people that are inactive or share info on discord where after 3 hours of spam the info can be considered lost to every reader that does not wish to scroll through a shitload of unrelated, unimportant stuff.

I don't want to read through walls of spam on discord just for the miniscule chance that somewhere between youtube vids and memes somebody dropped a message that could be important. On the forum it is my choice to read or not read the spam threads. I did not ready the "Lets cound to 30000" or the "lets write numbers backwards" threads for well over 10 years because I know that I don't need to.

When I am looking for info the forum points me in the right direction and even tells me about discussions with similar content.

If people report a bug on Discord the chances are very high that I wont even read it because it is somewhere between spam or other topics. Even if I read it there is no guarantee that I can fix it instantly and stuff that is not fixed instantly is being forgotten after just a few days. On the Forum on the other side there is the ticketsystem people can use to report problems. No reported problem on the ticket system is at risk of being forgotten even if not fixed instantly... and I take care of every reported issue there when my time allows it and when I am actually able to provide a fix. Alone this year I took care of more than 80 tickets which are now labeled "done".

Nothing of that would be possible on discord.

This should never be a matter of how (un)convenient it is for you but how reliable I am actually going to be able to do my job with the limited time I have (unless of course you want to do my job instead).

I allowed the moderators to do changes to the discord server but I shared my views and just alone with yesterdays messages see some of my points being confirmed.

I will not do any important discussions or annoucnements on discord and I will not scroll through the spam of the past day. By default I don't even consider the spam a problem... I just don't think that any important information belongs on Discord and I think that I will drastically limit my time on that platform in future.

There is a simple truth that perfectly fits the situation. It is much easier to read a book than to write one.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Clan systems and clan bases

Discussions initiated by OP in 19th Oct 2020.

Apart from some suggestions there was no actual decision taken. In the absence of a conclusion, OP dealt with the problem in the fair approach.

In my eyes, the unfair thing is not what OP did, but the current claims that what he did was based on a spontaneous decision.

Clearly, 6 months were not enough for us to agree/disagree, vote for an option/propose alternative, or give a damn. Perhaps on the next major decision, OP should be just as spontaneous but with a 2-5 years upfront notice ?

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited 3 times, last by LancelotOnCrack ().

• This really is not needed |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ... I just sit now on my garden and make fire, drink wine and prepare some good food ... it's much better get a beer or two ...

• Hmmm we agree 2 disagree. That is all I have now if people Cannot take Criticism or listen to the people then OK.

A Debate is a Good thing but trying to tell Peeps that I Ignore what you say is Bad?

Oh Btw I have the Coms of the Statement So if Proof of it is Needed it is NO PROBLEM

:salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• Please correct me if I see it wrong: rent for SoS was unpaid for last five months. There was already for quite some time ongoing discussion about systems renting and was clearly obvious that time is coming when final decision will be made. Clan base in SoS was disabled and rightfully so. It's still nothing serious if clan decide to restore payments. Base was already reenabled for two clans. If clan decided to cease paying rent, then base stay disabled. If you have problem with that, please solve it privately with Op. There is not a need to start flames or something like that on forum ...

• Hmmm Ok I donated 500 Euros 2 keep the server Going about 1.3 years ago ,but as I Pointed out Look at the Number of People that actually saw the Clan Thread Now doing some limited Math that I have a 500 Euro Donation would still leave some Money left Over. This is not Small change, so now get Nada Simple Martind. I have No Idea how much the Rent is per Month I am not Clan Leader so Why should I know if it is Paid or Not ...HMMMMMMMM....

Now we have Said Keep SOS keep the Malfunctioning Base, OK

Maybe you get what I am Trying 2 say Now.

If other Clans want 2 Pay OK we No Longer want 2

If you think that you can somehow stop my Free Speech then you are Mistaken, all can make up their own Minds on Stuff ,or is this a Dictatorship

I put my Thoughts into the Forum & as you have done you Made your Opinions Clear & I have replied now it is down 2 Others to put their own Thoughts in

Good Bad or Ugly but Telling anyone to Basically Shut Up ....Hmmmmm. Congrats

Edited 4 times, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().

• Is it difficult to discuss this matter with OP privately? 500 eur for currently set rent is enough to have covered 50 months (more as 4 years).

• It was not Specifically given for Rent , so Op may have used it for something other.

Anyhow it is what it is

we shall say No More

• stfu, take 10 years of your life .... or more .. just try to tire your neurons during this time .... and then ejaculate what you said ...

exactly what you did

apologize ....I can't stop ....but I make great efforts to keep my mouth shut
    stfu, take 10 years of your life .... or more .. just try to tire your neurons during this time .... and then ejaculate what you said ...

stfu, take 10 years of your life .... or more .. just try to tire your neurons during this time .... and then ejaculate what you said ...

Edited once, last by Anatta ().

• Not sure I fully understand your Reply Anatta, but any comments are better than None, Listening & replying to those that actually play a game is Good, for me I want more Input on what is Good bad or FUBAR (Ugly) we who play the game have more knowledge than the Makers we are in fact some sort of Beta Testers so when we say something is Messed up & we get a Reply saying PROVE IT because Server says NO ???? Some times it cannot be Proven Unless you Record every single Keystroke & make a Video of all your in-game stuff.

• Hmmm Ok I donated 500 Euros 2 keep the server Going about 1.3 years ago ,but as I Pointed out Look at the Number of People that actually saw the Clan Thread Now doing some limited Math that I have a 500 Euro Donation would still leave some Money left Over. This is not Small change, so now get Nada Simple Martind. I have No Idea how much the Rent is per Month I am not Clan Leader so Why should I know if it is Paid or Not ...HMMMMMMMM....

This is potentially true, but I by default do not memorize every transaction done by every player over the past few years.

A simple reminder would have helped a lot to resolve the issue.

Tribbs: "hey op, about these clan bases.... remember when I donated money some time ago?"

OP: "no but i can take a look at it... oh there it is... ill move it over to the new system rent management then"

issue resolved

But apparently we both don't talk with one another normally anymore.

I doubt that any of the many thousands of players in the past 18 years could claim that I was not willing to listen and not willing to resolve issues (if possible).

Not even you Tribbs can make that claim, despite my comment on Discord that I would be good at ignoring you.

Never have I ignored the context of what you wrote but I most definitely have ignored the way how you very often talk with me or talk about me. The fact that I have to make decisions in one or another way very often seems to be unacceptable to you, especially if these decisions do not exactly fit your expectations. As result you always start to argue over it even if it is about the most unimportant crap. I very often have the feeling you argue for the sole reason of being able to argue and complain.

This is a time consuming procedure which I of course ignore because it does not add any additional substance to the original context of the topic. I don't have time for that and in most cases I don't have anything constructive to add to your non-stop complaints.

I also don't have time to take care of your provoking comments that you drop once every few days on discord that seem to aim to discredit me (yes of course I notice that). I don't know what you try to achieve with that, but every reaction from my side would trigger more endless debates and I simply don't want that. I don't have the time for that nor do I actually have the wish to get dragged into another endless debate that actually keeps me away from doing my job.

Our communication Tribbs, is highly disturbed. I don't know why.

Really I don't understand it. I don't understand what you expect from me.

In April we had a discussion on discord where I told you that I would do the changes that were announced and discussed about that topic in January on the forum.

And now we are in an endless cycle arguing about that was announced on the forum and who bothered to read it.

But in the end it is of course my fault... as usual.

I failed to inform everyone individually about every detail.

I made the mistake to expect the bare minimum from the players while I was not able to fulfill the sheer endless expectations of the players. I of course should always remembered every word a player has said to me on discord, I should remember every paypal transaction ever done and it of course it is my highest duty to fulfill every wish of every player out there.

Maybe you can see the discrepancy between my expectations and all the expectations that are put on my shoulders.

Am I expecting too much?

Is reading the forum (at least the important threads) every once in a while too much expected? Tell me.

Is it to much expected to normally communicate again and maybe also to accept other opinions without endless debates and arguing about it non-stop?

How about we find a way out of this endless cycle and return to a point again where we can resolve the issues instead of arguing over them?

Maybe that would be beneficial for both of us.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I Agree it seems that in some ways we are Both similar when we feel that we are being attacked we Bite then we end up in a Circle of (push me I shove you Syndrome) so I want Peace I try 2 help any players if they are not Rude & most are not, I listen to the pilots & give out ye Olde 3 chance rule 1 time is funny 2 times not funny 3 times you take the Piss! Then I bite & do not let Go! Now as I do believe in Karma this is a Bad thing so I need 2 do some work on my Karma so I can make some constructive Ideas towards making your MOD a Better place! I do not want 2 offend anyone but when I feel I am attacked in any way shape or form I go Ballistic, this is not good Karma & therefore needs work on my part.

I have played this Game for Many many years now & know many people from many countries as I say most are good but as it is in life some are not so good ,I do not suffer from the Fools of this planet as you can see from my wall on the Portal, I take 1 day at a time & do Not hold Grudges so tomorrow is another day & we begin fresh ..

• Ad Astra

Brad Pitt....Huor :)))

Tommy Lee Jones >> OP )))

Cast

The acting is mostly good. There weren't a lot of people in the film, but.. and .. are knocking it out of the park.