Clan bases

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• It has been now three month since I introduced the changes to the way how Clan systems are being rent.

Some clans used the opportunity to secure their Systems and the right to have a clan base.

I think that was enough time to get people/clans used to this new way of dealing with this topic.

Now we should discuss what happens to systems and clan bases that are no longer owned or paid for.

There are multiple points of view possible from "if it is not used it can be removed" to "people invested their time in the past and this should at least be rewarded".

To be honest I am not entirely sure how to deal with this topic.

I am torn between the fact that owning a system and a station is a privilege that needs to be earned and the circumstance that people in the past have put work into building the stations.

Maybe a removal of the rights and the stations with the option to get that stuff back somewhen in future would work.

What do you think?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Remove 1lvl of station per month till station face danger of total destruction when last module will remain. It was a good fun to build a station in time when I have played so if clan decides restore activity, his members will have something to do every time when log to the server and more reasons to play regularly. This way there can be also given a time after which system will become free to be rented by someone else. You can also decide to give some time before "abandoned" station will start getting damage when there will be "only" removed access.

• Hm, hard to tell, as there are more modules than months of a year I would vote for a max duration of 1 year. This should be enough time to get back on track. If the system or the clan base is not paid then the privileges must be revoked - this is not unfair, but fair to all other players regularly playing and keeping the community active.

signature.png

• to be honest this sounds a bit complicated

It might be better to give clans a 3 months grace period after which the base is removed completely. Maybe creating a backup that can be used if needed later.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If you want easy but working solution: give 3 months with base acess locked and then do backup and removal.