Roleplay

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by |TSH| ***Tribbs***.

• Why are discussions for roleplay always end the same way?

Because something ain't right. That's why this is a forum free to discuss the issues and look for a way to solve them.

You obey them or you get punished if you don't and get caught and have to suffer the consequences. These needless and endless discussions all the time sucks.

That's correct, though when there's a rule that takes away your choice, that's a problem for me. I've been following all of the rules so far for many years and haven't done anything wrong (as far as I know), however, when I heard that you can't refuse to get out of the system just because someone wants you out for RP? Look, I would gladly leave and involve myself in RP, but whether I stay or leave the system is my choice, nobody else's.

But, I can't refuse, really? Guess again. Though, when I DO refuse, I get the ban, well... so be it.

PS: Yeah, I've said that I was out of this conversation, sorry... I just couldn't resist.

- It was a pleasure knowing you all, truly. Take care everybody and... stay safe.

• "I do not want to be pirated/fined, so I DECIDED to close my game when I see other player coming after me. NO ONE will force me to be part of server RP when I do not want to!" .... it doesn't look correct, right? Crossfire was designed as RP server, it is not meant to be PvP server. Arena was designed as event place and place where you can PvP unless there is RP situation. Arena was not designed as a place for avoiding server RP. And all this uneccessary discusion was just about making Arena a place where can be server RP avoided. Current rules are simple in this to avoid all kind of possible personal problems/excuses and discussions between players and server staff.

• Before steering the crap hole further...

We all know that the Arena topic was raised far too often both in game and in forum/tickets.

The purpose of my 3 examples I used in my previous post was not fueled by hatred or a need to complain.

On the contrary - I reignited the Arena subject with those examples (and my subsequent posts), because, contrary to what Martind says: "Current rules are simple in this to avoid all kind of possible personal problems/excuses and discussions between players and server staff", historically it was proven that people tend to interpret the rules differently, and having clear answers on specific situations would leave less room for interpretation. Wanderer figured it out and played along - cheers, man!

This worked to some extent. After filtering out some of the replies in this thread, we are being left with more context on the rule and even suggestions.

I don't know about you, but I call this constructive, not whining/bitching/finger pointing - I apologize if I left another impression through my posts.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• idk whats and why that is needed wanna force others just to do what u like? RP or less ...... will be with more ppl ...... and best is just ppl never being online talk about... sad really sad........

• nothing more to say Mercenaro ... we look and wait what comes ......

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him."
    "If he is in superior strength, evade him."
    "If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him."
    "Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."
    "If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them."
    "If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them."
    "Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."
    SunTzu - The art of War

• Add Afk timer in Arena to kick after 1h and fix the problem atleast partially?

That's why Discovery has 50+ players and Crossfire 5, so sad. their RP is more refined and not so destructive.
    I even had more fun playing in Discovery while breaking all possible rules and ENJOYED IT :D but thats different topic

"Hacking is like sex. You get in, you get out, and hope that you didn't leave something that can be traced back to you."

• idk what to say or why i report this but really this happens again and again even we waste alot of spit here. Arena is out of RP and TSH tribbs continue to bounty players when they are there. come on...we obey the rules or not?

• I Will Not Play this Mod any More

I am Sick of a Player that can have 3-4 Chars in Game & then getting Told Off for Putting a Bounty on 1 of the Chars that Just came Out of Arena Killed & Taxed me then Returned 2 Arena !!!

Bollocks to it Alll

Have Fun in the Universe according to He that shall Not Be Named !!!!

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

• you see?
    people are wanting changes. the time has come!
    people are leaving and are proving my point. RP needs some serious refining!
    Mayday Mayday

"Hacking is like sex. You get in, you get out, and hope that you didn't leave something that can be traced back to you."

• I Will Not Play this Mod any More

I am Sick of a Player that can have 3-4 Chars in Game & then getting Told Off for Putting a Bounty on 1 of the Chars that Just came Out of Arena Killed & Taxed me then Returned 2 Arena !!!

And I'm sick of people trying to mess with this sacred place (the Arena), so this is the retaliation that you get.

These days I'm going to erase my Freelancer ID from existence, I wrote it on a piece of paper many years ago and I'm going to burn it to ashes, so whoever wants my account, you have time until the 4th of November to send me a PM before my account gets deleted permanently.

This also goes for whoever wants to keep in touch with me, you can also mention it the PM where I can share you how you can contact me.
    (You can forget Discord, Ajay , I don't think I'll be using it anymore, or... any time soon that is).

Other than that,

Goodbye, it's been a pleasure (truly) and take care.

I'll never forget the awesome 15 years that I've had here and the many benefits that they brought me, but I guess this is the time that we part ways. I wish you all the best in life, sincerely; may the Most High keep you safe, you and your families.

• :salutesThanks to All

I Try to Help any Pilots that Respond to My Hails

BUT

(& there always is One )

I Cannot stand all this Bitching & Being told to Go to the Forum to Discuss this by

a (Noobie) Pilot that does Not Understand the Complex interactions that have been in Game for ...

Hmm 12 Years for me !!

I will Say Again that the Pilot ( Who I shall not Name ) !!

I Consider to be a Friend

We Place Bounties on Each other on a Daily basis

it is Part of the FUN as Far as I am Concerned.

This is a Wonderful MOD & it is FREE

I Repeat FREE to all Pilots so Let me Know where you can Find Another

Free Game of this Quality & I will Take a Look

This may or May Not be

Goobyeee & Thanks for all The Fish:salutes

:salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

Edited once, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().

• :salutesMaster say to Me

Grasshopper Jump up in the Air

I Say How High

So I Did

He Say to Me

Who Told you to Come Back Down :salutes

Edited once, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().

• you see?
    people are wanting changes. the time has come!
    people are leaving and are proving my point. RP needs some serious refining!
    Mayday Mayday

What is your point?

That you disagree with something?

The current set of rules and the current version of RP is based on what players of this mod came up with.

They are not my invention.

They are what players came up with after disagreing with the RP rules before. And the rules before were the results of what people came up with many years before that.

What makes you think that a (meanwhile) 5th iteration of RP rules (one that fits your personal opinion) would change anything?

Is your RP any better or is it just different?

What if ppl do not agree with your RP and refuse to play it... just in the same way we actually deal with atm with the current one?

You want refinement... go and refine it.

Dont be surprised when a few months later people complain because they disagree and have different opinions again.

You want a different RP, create one.

Nothing in the current set of rules would have prevented you from doing custom RP.

Nobody (me included) would have prevented you from making suggestions how to improve RP.

Now you guys are complaining. About what? Your own lack of contribution to this topic?

Guess what, I am not open to such complaints. I am as usual open to suggestions but if you are complaining you most likely are misunderstood that I am not responsible for what you do on the server. The state of RP is not my fault... it is yours. It is not my responsibility to fix it, it is yours.

Moments like these make me question why I have just spent weeks of hard work to ensure that this server and this community has a future.

Right now this discussion in this thread feels like my work is being sabotaged.

I could be wrong about that, but the feeling is there.

It also feels a bit like being blackmailed.

"I dont like it the way it is and if you dont change it the way I want, I will leave" - I guess that sums up a bunch of posts on this thread very well.

Maybe you guys don't even notice how you demand stuff while not even doing your part to contribute to this community.

This whole discussion about RP, done by people which don't even want to do RP... or try their best to avoid RP when it suits them is ridiculous.

You guys found excuses not to take part in it and no matter what changes are done you will find excuses to not take part in it in future if timing and conditions displease you.

Following the rules is nothing for you? Well then you should not complain when other people do the same to you. It is going to be an endless spiral which eventually will destroy the server and the community.

You prefer complaining over constructive support... great... same result.

I gave mulitple suggestions how to improve RP.... all of which you completely ignored. Now we are in this situation... congratz. Well done.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No point in discussing this any more. you MUST listen to US (the player base). We make the server spinning and working, and eventually donations come (money money money)
    I wont play in this server anymore, I want some action and there isn't. what is left are only ass-lickers and not thinking straight humans.

Discovery > CF all day long. nuff said.
    When the people there have an idea, the developers listen.
    when developers here don't listen, players leave. period.

• where is your idea?

I did listen to every idea that was presented to me. CF grew to what it is because of community feedback.

This thread is void of constructive talk... all I see is complaints and pointless crap talk which apparently found its peak just recently by insulting other players.

Like I said... well done.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• And all I see is a stubborn German who thinks he knows better, but the results speaks for themselves:

Discovery: 50+ (fun, money, glory)

CF: 5 ( rip, void, silence )

I speak only with the facts. facts speak for themselves

• again where are your ideas?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I speak for the people which are complaining here. I have red the forum and know what "RP" currently is.
    but speaking won't change anything, we need changes. WE DEMAND changes.