Crossfire Roleplay

There are 50 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• also worth to consider that once fined or taxed you can't be fined or taxed again by that player for some time.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I understand what you mean by this, but if I fine you for example for 2m (hypothetically speaking) your cargo is worth at least 10 times the amount. I get the feeling that everyone would do smuggling then, since it's the most profitable one. You get taxed/fined, you pay and move on with your cargo. You aren't loosing that much. Maybe if we find a middle ground to satisfy both police and smugglers, it would be better for both sides, no?

True... you'll make so much money and if you get taxed or fined, you'll lose nothing compared to what you'll gain in the end and yet you'll do your part in RP.

After all... what is the point of making so much profit by just stacking it and do nothing with it? What's the point if not help new players with it and do your part of the RP in case you get taxed or fined.

• Hi Martin,
    I think I have a problem sharing your very enthusiastic view on role-play.
    As long as shoot-on-sight for smugglers is granted to police (or pirates that think they have the right), I don't see no fun in this.
    I understand that in role-play this apears to be legit, but for me personally it takes all the fun away.
    As I stated before, I would be ok with a tax or fine, but getting shot on sight several times is not exactly a way to bound me to crossfire.

Pirate which will shot you on sight is breaking server RP rules. He may think what he want, server-rules are clearly saying what he can do. Its for server police to deal with this behaviour.

Police can shot you only if you smuggle, there are ways how to denny officer this opportunity (dump cargo for example, or do not smuggle several times and send smile to such officer :) ). If he still wil shot you (no contraband onboard), he is also breaking server RP rules. It may be costly tactics, yes .. on other side as smuggler you can make moneys really quickly.

Server rules are in place exactly bcs that reason to assure that all server RPs can have fun, problems starts when some players breaks these rules and they are not reported ... I may help you more if I know more details. We can take this into private message if you will want.

• Pirate which will shot you on sight is breaking server RP rules. He may think what he want, server-rules are clearly saying what he can do. Its for server police to deal with this behaviour.

OK, that's what I wanted to know. When I studied server rules some moths ago I read something like "when pirate for whatever reason doesn't want to use /tax command..." and that sounded to me like it's optional to use it and pirates can also just shoot you. However, I can't find that sentence in the server rules anymore, not exactly sure where I read it.

• Well... pirates can always shoot you without any reason, after all they are pirates... at least that was in the past.

But if a pirate wants to kill someone, now he/she can use the command "tax" prior to that, because if they succeed they will get their tax off their kill. Same with the 'fine' command, tough the Police must have a reason to fine someone... I don't think that applies to pirates though, because pirates are... well, pirates.

• Well... pirates can always shoot you without any reason, after all they are pirates... at least that was in the past.

That is a contradiction to what Martind says one post above.
    Can we somehow get the rules understandable for everyone?
    If everyone makes up his own rules, it's no surprise roleplay doesn't work.
    Same for allmost never any server police online.

But if a pirate wants to kill someone, now he/she can use the command "tax" prior to that, because if they succeed they will get their tax off their kill. Same with the 'fine' command, tough the Police must have a reason to fine someone... I don't think that applies to pirates though, because pirates are... well, pirates.

That's not correct. Pirate RP requires the tax command. Out of RP kills are not allowed. The rules are pretty clear on that.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The rules are pretty clear on that.

Maybe not so clear as you think they are.
    For example, I found "If you want be a successful pirate, you must know when its the best time to fight, when to run and what price can be reasonable for your target, if you for some reason do not want use the new server command /tax." in Pirate Role-Play description.
    Not sure if there were changes in the past and this is a relict, but if I would be a pirate I would interpret it like /tax or shoot as you like.

• Just to avoid some misunderstanding:

Pirate Syndicate License

Mounting this license and your character becomes a pirate. You make your money through taxation (extortion) of other characters. You offer the character the alternative of either paying tax or being destroyed. Pirates can tax, via the "/tax" command (see below), anybody and everybody (except characters under 40th level): police, mercenaries, smugglers, freelancers and other pirates. If they refuse to pay, then the pirate may open fire and attempt to destroy them. A refusal may be in the form of word or action (running, opening fire or not responding within a reasonable time). Pirates are allowed to shoot at their targets (max. until shields are down) before they are going to issue any tax requests. When is tax paid or evaded (both cases are announced with automatically generated message to the pirate and his target), the taxing pirate may not tax (or chase and attack, because tax was successfully avoided) the same character again within a 1 hour limit.

Police licensed players are the natural enemy of pirates and as such pirates may open fire on Police Officers anytime at will and without warning (except in out-of-role-play-systems like Arena). All other players must have refused to pay tax before they can be engaged.

A pirate surely can shoot any player without a warning - except he may not destroy it without issuing a tax after shields are depleted. The tax command is a supportive command to help the pirates to get players involved into their RP. Same applies for police.

Source

• guenni7 that quoted part was about possibility for pirate to make a 'bargain', for example: he can offer smuggler free "trade" for 24hours if he will pay him agreed sum. If not, he can chase his prey again, after will pass an hour, and use /tax. It is not against the server rules and can be beneficial for both parties. Players can be quite creative in a ways how to do RP (while stay in boundaries of server rules) ...

• Hmm, just firing on the one who fines/taxes you is still considered acceptable RP in your opinions, right?

I have to confess I never paid a tax (it was part of "good RP" back then since, if no action happened = boring).... but never "went offline in space"..., also never smuggled as thats OoRP for cops.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis