Lost Paradise

There are 29 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Argos.

• I am wondering if it would be possible just to amend the code to get to and from Lost Paradise. At the moment it appears that whilst all 3 holes are open every day access is only possible via Unknown 3. However, when you leave Lost Paradise you come out in Unknown 2. The jump holes in Unknown 2 are then unstable in that they accept the dock request but leave you stranded in the docking maneuver at the mercy of the Nomads and don’t actually let you leave. I appreciate that there are not many players but I thought that if the exit code for Lost Paradise could be amended from CF56 to CF57 it might solve the problem especially since the entry coding is no longer dynamic.

• the random part is what it is... random and thats for a reason

I have no control over which connections it decides to establish

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The problem is not that it is random. The random is not working, all the jump holes are open. You can access Lost Paradise from 3 different jump holes everyday. However only one actually is Lost Paradise. So you can end up in a system from which you cannot escape if you get to LP via the wrong JH. If you are not in LP despite the grid saying you are none of JHs work. If you are in LP when you try to get out instead of going to system you entered from you end up in other as per the example above. As for the random bit so far I have only found Unknown 3 to be JH which works to get into LP.

• the random stuff is working... just not very reliable on the server

in SP its perfectly working (at least it was last time I checked it)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I've done some careful mapping of the whole Systems Unknown for reference and I think inclusion at WIKI. Irrespective, let me check my finding and either validate what you are claiming or what OP is saying. Can't at the moment, busy completing the re-mapping of Regalis. ;)

• OK ….. I'm back. Are you still around?

I am wondering if it would be possible just to amend the code to get to and from Lost Paradise. At the moment it appears that whilst all 3 holes are open every day access is only possible via Unknown 3. However, when you leave Lost Paradise you come out in Unknown 2. The jump holes in Unknown 2 are then unstable in that they accept the dock request but leave you stranded in the docking maneuver at the mercy of the Nomads and don’t actually let you leave. I appreciate that there are not many players but I thought that if the exit code for Lost Paradise could be amended from CF56 to CF57 it might solve the problem especially since the entry coding is no longer dynamic.

I first need to clearly clarify your problem so …….

What is in red appears to be your initial problem. Is that correct?

Is your problem occurring in SP or MP or maybe both?

By "unstable" do you mean "does not transfer you"?

There are 3 jump holes are you saying they are all unstable, for you that is?

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• NOTE: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

The problem is not that it is random. The random is not working, all the jump holes are open. You can access Lost Paradise from 3 different jump holes everyday. However only one actually is Lost Paradise. So you can end up in a system from which you cannot escape if you get to LP via the wrong JH. If you are not in LP despite the grid saying you are none of JHs work. If you are in LP when you try to get out instead of going to system you entered from you end up in other as per the example above. As for the random bit so far I have only found Unknown 3 to be JH which works to get into LP.

1. What is in red appears to be one of your problems here. Is that correct?

2. "…… you are not in LP despite the grid saying you are …..."

I did check this and your partly right. When I jump from U2 (hopefully to LP) and immediately checked the Map (I think you're calling it the grid) it showed me still to be in U2!. The map where I had just come from! :schimpf:But on my second "visit" to the map it showed the correct map. :sehrgut: That might be the same when jumping out from LP.

3. What is in green is the way its meant to work. Leaving LP you can finish up in U1, or U2, or U3. That's part of the random bit.

4. As for the bit in yellow, my findings have not found that. But I would need to check again.

5. The following map might prove useful. I put it together after exhaustive test flights.

Unknown Systems Map.jpg

Hope this helps. Look forward to hearing back from you.

EDIT: All my finding relate to Open SP (ie. Single player flights after completing the Campaign). I am unsure what the outcomes might be in MP.

EDIT2: There are comprehensive Maps and System Info' for all Systems on the above map (except Omicron Gamma) here. Again be warned they could be considered as "Spoilers".

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• I believe that was about the MP, where the following can happen:

You take the randomized jumphole. Randomization apparently happens on BOTH client and server sides; because while the client shows you are in, say, Lost Paradise, server believes you are in, say Unknown 2. You can track it by opening Chat Window; or if you popped out of nowhere when you arrived to the system (as in, no jumphole nearby).

A possible solution is, if you got in that situation, is to Alt+F4 and restart the game so the client gets back in sync with the server.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Thanks Ajay. Every bit counts. In future, I need to qualify what I say: its all in SP. In my solution I needs to say; : In SP, closing the "wrong" map window and opening the map window again seems to work.

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• I am not 100% sure why the Lost Paradise stuff happens.

The plugin used should actually be MP compatible but seems to have problems sometimes.

I have only little experience with the code used... so... dunno

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I am not 100% sure why the Lost Paradise stuff happens.

The plugin used should actually be MP compatible but seems to have problems sometimes.

I have only little experience with the code used... so... dunno

Thanks OP. I'm afraid we sometimes think "OP will know …… Op will fix it", well I do anyway. ;) I see you here as a bit of a God and I'm always nervous when you post to me thinking: "Oh God! What have I done this time!":negativ: By-the-way that's all complementary to you. You do a great job here. :thumbsup: And I'm saying this publicly! :thumbsup:

In the case of Spock with his problem, I just wanted to follow up with clarifying the problem, although people tell me my posts do sound aggressive at times, they aren't meant to be!

But as Ajay suggests (the LP issue) its a MP problem, which I totally missed, rabbiting on about my SP successes. :aberglaube: I hope he comes back. He seemed the right type to have here: new, unsure, polite questioning, accepting, complementary "thanks for listening" at conclusion. Shame to loose him ….

• old bearded man.... creator of worlds...

geez

I have to work on my image.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sorry, I did not reply earlier but I have been away for a few days. I did not mean to cause anyone any extra work; I was just curious to see if there was a simple fix.

With regard to the access to LP I found that all 3 jump holes, which potentially have access to LP, work every day. One in Unknown 2, grid ref C3, another in Unknown 3, grid ref c/d 3/4 and the last through Unknown 4 grid ref F3. However whilst, when you arrive in LP, the map states LP you are not actually in LP.  Only access via Unknown 4 actually gets you there. The JH do not work so you are stuck. You also cannot land on LP or destroy the station to get DKAs.

I also realize that I used the wrong reference for the system; I should have said the correct access was via Unknown 4. It is a bit confusing when they are all called Unknown. When access is gained through Unknown 4 you can get the DKAs.

It is Unknown 3 you get back to when you leave LP, whereas it should be Unknown 4 the system you entered by. This causes problems with the JHs in Unknown 3 which activate but do not actually transport you anywhere.

I hope this has not served to confuse things as I have only set this out to try and clarify the points I was trying make before. I hope I have got the system names right now. I do not want anyone to spend any more time on this since hardly anyone goes to LP. I was only going there to complete my own data, for the app I have written which helps me trade and navigate the Crossfire Mod which I think is brilliant.

Thank you all for the interest shown but please do not waste any more of your time on this as I am sure you all have better things to do. You all “Live long and prosper” Spock out.

:salutes

• Hmm, what si that system Unknown 4? .... we have:

Upper Unknown

Lower Unknown

Unknown 1 (jump to LP)

Unknown 2 (jump to LP)

Unknown 3 (jump to LP)

Spock .... if we can give advice to players (it means if there for sure one jump works as should in MP) then it will be really nice help.

• You are right I forgot that my references were different from yours. My original comments were correct.

So you gain access via Unknown 3 and get out but to Unknown 2. As I said before I have found this to be the same every day. So you get in the same way and you get out the same way all be it to the wrong system.

I thought that if this bit of code, which is from CF54.ini were changed, it would hopefully get you out to Unknown 3 the same system you entered by.

[Object]

nickname = CF54_to_CF56

ids_name = 480997

pos = -26194, 0, -23166

rotate = 0, 14, 0

jump_effect = jump_effect_hole

ids_info = 60212

archetype = jumphole

goto = CF56, CF56_to_CF54, gate_tunnel_crossfire

visit = 0

change to: -

[Object]

nickname = CF54_to_CF57

ids_name = 480997

pos = -26194, 0, -23166

rotate = 0, 14, 0

jump_effect = jump_effect_hole

ids_info = 60212

archetype = jumphole

goto = CF57, CF57_to_CF54, gate_tunnel_crossfire

visit = 0

I probably have no idea what I am talking about but it might work.

• Wecome back!

Thankyou all for the interest shown but please do not waste any more of your time onthis as I am sure you all have better things to do. You all “Live long andprosper” Spock out.

:salutes

No, we don't have better things to do, well I don't. ;) Haven't absorbed you post yet, but correct me if I'm wrong:

your talking about multiplay and not singleplay. Right or wrong?

Oh ......., ........ and there's no Unknown 4. Look at my diagram. Also on the there is list of the Unknown Systems which = something. The 'something' is how I recognise where I've randomly jumped to. I just look for the 'somthing' and that tells me where I am. Anyway I'll have a closer look at your post today. It nearly 5.00am here (Eastern Australia) and I need some sleep. ;)

• Thanks, sorry I forgot my references to the Unknown systems were different to your wiki, I have not corrected them because of my last post. But if you reduce each reference number by 1 it should make sense. See my comments above re coding.