Lost Fleet update

There are 241 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• So, i do not know if this is a bug but so it seems: after i land at the first renaissance base there is no next objective to appear. After exploring the neighbouring systems, in burgundy it tells me to fly to toledo to do again the missions from the 13th mission. So what to do now?

• there is no mission objective after this point since the renaissance storyline is getting released bit by bit

fly back to king and juni and continue with the main story

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• if you want to experience the story you always can load an earlier savegame

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yeah, but if i want to have all finished? and not repeat it again just for the new features? And i am not only talking about myself, but about all the players who will finish the campaign and may not do these missions. Will take quite a while, or if possible to make them tied-in with the storyline, not just side-quests, like do a future mission that would connect them beautifully and open up other areas as well, such as the reopening of the empire and how it would impact humanity and the nomads. Anyway, thank you for your replies. Not intending to be a nuissance, just to voice some things that may appear in the future because of how things are now.

Edited 2 times, last by alx21 ().

• Yeah, but if i want to have all finished? and not repeat it again just for the new features? And i am not only talking about myself, but about all the players who will finish the campaign and may not do these missions. Will take quite a while, or if possible to make them tied-in with the storyline, not just side-quests, like do a future mission that would connect them beautifully and open up other areas as well, such as the the reopening of the empire and how it would impact humanity and the nomads. Anyway, thank you for your replies. Not intendind to be a nuissance, just to voice some things that may appear in the future because of how things are now.

Thing is, that this sidestory is done in paused campaign mode, and there is not any other way how to technically do it better. Before 2.0 there was not such possibility at all, we found "pause" funnctionality during testing of 2.0. I myself would like the most have this sidestory open at end of CF campaign which gives me one interesting idea ...

• Seriously this could turn into the next phase of the crossfire. For example pocket ressitance fighters of other dominators, or a more type of advanced nomads, or a hypergate connection made by special jumpholes close to strong gravitational bodies that can act as power sources, such as black holes (smaller) or suns to another sector of the galaxy with lots of other artifacts, maybe even an older race than the kavash which would enable them to jumpstart their reexpansion and the technological level of humanity or to another galaxy, or to a more advanced type of nomads who overwritten their genetic code and are peaceful and want to aid their masters, or a human civilzation which found lots of relics and now is as advanced as the kavash...lots of ideas in which the direction of the storyline can be developed with this update. and not only this one but others as well, like a side-mission and a prologue mission to a continuation of crossfire, such as: Crossfire. are we out of it yet? or Crossfire: Deeper Trenches. or idk, lots of things can be done. Just depends on how many people are available to do it.

• what if I see huge difficulties with that?

In order for these side missions to work certain requirements have to be met.

1. the storyline has to be active

2. the main story needs to be on hold via a bar scene (like the wont with juni and king).

Lets start with point 2 here.... there is no such bar scene and it also makes no sense using such a bar scene at the end of the main storyline.

And point 1 (the story mode) is something that I want to end when the main story is done so the players can enter the freeplay/openSP mode once the story is done.

IF we wont let the story mode end at some point certainly a good amount of other players will complain that they cant freely play the game after the story.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I see. And is there no way to make them work even afterwards? Like an example for the Lost Fleet: the scene can be emplaced easily with a text log: trent we found an anomaly in sol. Meet me at The Order HQ nearby mars. Or anything that fits both possibilities of completing it to make it also available after the campaign. And as a question: if you want to add another arc to the story, then it will be proceeded as you did before or will you put the openSP after the added arc? Anyway i see. Will see if i will make it again from that point. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

• Im not saying anything about impossible or something like that. At best I simply dont know how to do it.

It is not a matter of leaving a message to the player "hey there is a mission there".

Once the final main story mission is done ive set the story mode to end because.... yeah... well... because players certainly would want to play the freeplay mode at some time.

And once the story mode has ended it is not possible to reactivate it again. End means end.

No way to get back into a mission.

To stay in story mode means that the player never could enjoy the the freeplay after the story. Certain things always would be locked away as long the story mode is active.

It was suggested in a different discussion about this topic to add a bar scene which gives players a choice... stay in story mode or end the story.

That sounds like a solution... but one I see tricky to realize since not only are such scenes pretty hard to include. They also need to be linked to previous story pauses... require a good amount of fallback triggers to prevent errors and even then still could mess up already existing savegames.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Greetings WalterUlbricht,

Yes, for now is Lost Fleet story fisnihes when you reach french station and you may want look around what all new is now in the Sol Sector.