Lost Fleet update

There are 241 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• Good, thx SWAT_OP-R8R :sehrgut: ... now it makes sense and I will use that suggested mission-save.

• OK sort of new to this forum, but have played Crossfire 2 enough to complete the Single player campaign, which I have to say is amazing and THANK YOU, for all your hard work. So anyway it's only today that I really got back to playing this great game and what do you know, a big update etc. So I loaded up your tool above and run it, it had some errors in the dos box, but I said oh well, I then proceeded to try and reach these new missions by flying around the sol asteroid belt, but like heck could I find any anomalies etc.

So I just thought well I will let you know, IT IS MOST LIKELY SOMETHING I AM MISSING OR NOT DOING RIGHT. I'm not even 100% sure if I have it installed in the right path etc, as I transferred it (copy and paste kind of deal) from my old laptop to my new one. It may even be a case of I just haven't found the anomaly yet. Just an FYI really.

• well i did play to the end i can play again restart all again still i love storys ^^

• The faction patch has no impact at all on the new story mission.

It does fix the reputation setting for savegames that are not on a story mission.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• okay. it is long time too ^^

• I looked for the save, but it's not there - so I'm thinking it's something peculiar to the way it's installed on my laptop. Anyway if someone can upload the lost fleet save game with a link (if you don't want it public then PM me, if this forum allows that - not sure). I will battle on trying to figure out.

• the Lost Fleet savegame only will be there if you have played the other 2 bonus missions before.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OK so I finished the big single player campaign, which left me back on Manhattan, after the super bomb etc, now I hear there are 2 bonus missions, even though I'm supposed to load chapter 5 to get back to SOL, for lost fleet. I'm a little in the dark when it comes to these bonus missions of which you speak, so without digging through many potential threads etc, please enlighten us little players :)

Thank you for your time.

• Gave up looking - I think it's some kind of bug specific to the way I have this all running on my laptop. Am I right in thinking Lost Fleet was a pushed install so to speak, I didn't have to download or install it any special way or anything like that did I?

Sorry for being an ignorant pain, but I do like this game and think, this MOD is just so much more than a MOD, it's better than the original game and that's saying something.

• You are right - after the game is installed and started, additional content is downloaded automatically by the launcher (with your agreement in case of single player).

If there are folders named CF104, CF105, ..., CF109 in \DATA\UNIVERSE\SYSTEMS, then you have the Lost Fleet update. But the jumphole should be there in any case, since the initial installation already contains some bonus missions.

If you still can't find it, try using attached save game. FIrst go to the bar and decline the main quest, then head to the jumphole.

P.S. Make sure you don't have OpenSP checked in launcher options.

I hope it's okay to post this here... This thread should probably be deleted after the official release annoucement.

Files

• Save4333.zip

(93.25 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
  • OK got it to work with your save - it's not a case of I couldn't find it - the jump hole just plane wasn't there via my save, will have to do some more testing. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks, also 2 more things whilst I'm here - as I said I copied and pasted all this from my old laptop, which Is why I am convinced it's some kind of specific bug as I get "Error Copy (E00000046)" when I try to re-start the game, when I reboot the laptop and click on single player it always works again (but it always wants to update about 79 files before it starts). All this I can live with :), without digging through many threads. But I do have one last question, in Crossfire Launcher there are a bunch of graphical settings, and I wonder if anyone could advice me which one to pick, so as to get the best looking graphics, as I now have a laptop that can stretch a bit GPU wise?

Thanks so much once again, great game, great community, FANTASTIC MOD :)

• E00000046 error means folder access problems and is most likely related to your installation method... It is best to reinstall the game properly, especially if you are going to play online.

Those 79 files are regular updates that synchronize commodity prices with the multiplayer server. Prices change every 24 hours, but files are refreshed at each launch just to make sure nothing is modified or outdated.

If by graphic settings you mean shader selection in the launcher, the best advice would be to try them all and choose according to your taste :)

• i did missoan so it says wait for next objective im on earth now