Crossfire 2.0 Terminology

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• Sorry. But unless I'm seriously mistaken, they appear to be groups of Systems. In fact in the Altair 'Sector & Systems' section they are shown in groups: Coalition, Nomad and Dom'Kavash. But what about in the Sirius Sector? What makes up the groupings there? And what do we call these Groups? Is it just Liberty Systems, or Britonia Systems and the Groups don't have an overriding name?

• In fact that would make sense. They are a group of systems belonging to a particular …………. what? What are they called ……… ?

The Liberty Race? No that's not right …..

The Liberty Coalition? No can't use that word …….

The Liberty Consortium? The Nomad Consortium? No that doesn't sound right ….

• Governments are the perfect description

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thank you! Of course! Yes, Government's just perfect!

Why do I need a name? I'll note it on each system map I produce for Martind and maybe he'll use it when updating system data at WIKI.

Thanks again.

• I note under the classification of "Categories" there is a sub-classification (groupings) of "Systems". However some of these Systems are classified in the "Coalition Systems" or "Dom'Kavash Systems" or "Nomad Systems". Why are these groupings not listed under "Categories" just like Bretonia and Liberty, etc? Thanks.

• yeah there houses basicly countries In space liberty is America, bretonia is British,kusari is Japan I think and rheinland is Germany name also was inspired by the river rhien that runs through Germany

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• Thanks for that, but my query is in regard to Systems under the control the Nomads or the Dom'Kavash, the Coalition and others that are not listed in the Category section.

But I've actually now found the information elsewhere. For the Altair Sector it shown in the attachment. These groupings, IMHO, should be included in the Categories/Systems Section along with Bretonia, Liberty, etc. However that's not up to me as just a simple Corporal ……….. ;)Altair Sector.jpg

• i might be misunderstanding, but Altair and Sirius are two separate sectors in the same galaxy, separated by hundreds, if not thousands of light years from each other, each with their own body of planets and stars. Separating them into Altair, Sirius (and if you want) the Inner Core helps with filtering through systems to help someone find their way out or assist in plotting a course.

Unless you want a super category like "All Systems" and break it down by sector>house>system all on the same list. But that would be a very webpage...

• Thank you. I suppose my concern is that there is no inclusion of the Nomads, Dom'Kavash and Coalition controlled systems in the Categories > Systems listing. The control of these systems (eg: Nomads control of Styx) is not listed. Maybe they are part of the Crossfire 2.0 Systems listing…….. ? I need to check …….

EDIT: Styx: Its listed under the Altair Sector and when you check its data its say Nomad System in Altair Sector. Which is correct. However, it is also one of a number of Nomad controlled systems in and outside the Altair Sector. These Nomad controlled systems should have their own grouping in the Category > Systems section. As should Dom'Kavas and Coalition controlled systems.

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().