game wont play

There are 83 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hey guys,i forgot to say that in 1 of these shots if u notice that in the shader options,i have no selection,well before when crossover was working correctly i had plenty of options in the shader menu.

• How you reinstalled Crossfire? It looks like if it was not reinstalled properly, please follow guide in our FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - SWAT Portal - SWAT Portal .

• something is not right, there should be a lot more in the settings mate.

looks like something did not install correctly.

you need a miracle, as President Jacoby told Trent.

or else

clean install

make sure

you have the right mod manager. Full ver 1.3 installed

place all Directories to do with CF FL & the mod manager in your antivirus exceptions list

your firewall settings need to be set to allow the game two way comms

hope your next install goes fine and you get back on line.

before you jump in and do anything too drastic - wait and see what OP, MF or the moderators can do for you.

There is one other thing that came accross in your screen shots and it's absolutely horrifying to see.???

You have by far too many short cuts of so many games - nothing wrong with that - LUCKY YOU - what's horrifing is they are on a black background - you need to put all those short cuts in a folder on the bottom center or a corner of your screen and cycle your best screen shots from all those great games on that black background - bring out on the screen the short cuts you use the most, strategically placed so they don't interfere with your view of the Desktop.?!

I saw a short cut for Discovery on the screen, having 2 FL mods on the same computer is ok as long as you are carefull and manage the save game folder.

Each install also needs to be completly, separate and in its own Directory.

Having ad clean a Desktop as possible will help your pc to run better & faster.

Good Flying m8 :) :) see you in space. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Yes, reinstall Crossfire properly, then select the Vanilla Shader, it will work :)

• Thanks guys for all your help,i will keep at it,although i got it working the first time i installed it but i got killed getting to close to a planets atmosphere and things went crazy from then on out i won't be doing that again,and by the way discover mod don't use flmm.

• and thats why its list of features is significantly shorter

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Normally you do not neeed any launcher separate downloads if is mod properly installed/activated. It should download new launcher (latest version) and restart it automatically.

Can you give few answers?

How big is folder where you have freelancer installed? (should be circa 7,8 GB with activated CF mod)

Where you have freelancer installed? (is it in folder in C or D:/Freelancer or it is inside Program Files?

Where you have installed FLMM? (And did you used that one coming with the mod?)

How big is CF folder inside Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Freelancer 2 - Crossfire ? (should be circa 6,5 GB)

(to be on safe side) Were Freelancer and FLMM folders added into your PC antivirus exception list?

Crossfire mod install should consist from few easy steps: installing vanilla Freelancer (no other mods), run this vanilla once to be sure that game is functional, install FLMM, install Crossfire mod (it will be installed into mod folders in FLMM) and as last activate mod (this will move files into Freelancer directory and do thousands of settings) with FLMM. Details are in FAQ (there is few more other entries which is good read in case you have troubles)

• Martind Forlon,i dont have the crossfire mod installed at the moment because it wouldn't start so i deleted it,i had it installed in the D drive,i had a clean fresh install of freelancer,and i used the flmm i already had installed on my computer also on the D drive,and i don't even have my anti virus activated when i play freelancer ,i noticed the crossfire installer came with a copy of flmm but i didn't know where it was stored so i didn't use it.

• Martind,hey bro i think my copy of freelancer vanilla might be corrupted in some way,it wont play it goes all the way thru the start videos then just before u get to select new game or load game it crashes,i have it set to run as admin. and set for compatibility for win. xp service pack 2,i have included some attachments for u to look at maybe u can help me get it going again i think that's why my crossfire mod wasn't installing correctly,buy maybe i am wrong this copy of freelancer is not from a cd it is a torrent file i downloaded several years ago and i have had no trouble from it so far.freelancer error 4.txtdxdiag freelancer.txtfreelancer error 5.txtdxdiag freelancer.txtfreelancer error 4.txtfreelancer error 5.txt

• If you do not have vanilla freelancer original, then we can't help with that. I get this my from gaming magazine CD in my country few years ago and it works. We had here already experience that some non-original freelancer versions are not running at all or they make issues during play (Crossfire) and in some cases it have lead to chain of bans on the server without clear reason. We also can't help with non-original FL bcs it is not allowed here on this portal (law reasons).

Personally I think that it is a shame that Microsoft did not released Freelancer as a freeware (or sold license to GOG for example), but it is for another debate entirely.

• You need an original Freelancer - those error messages looks like a tampered version (never seen those errors on original).

There's a no-cd Freelancer.exe (not a crack) in the download section, when you need it.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• vanilla FL wont work with windows 10 due to its copy protection

use a no-cd exe

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!