game wont play

There are 83 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• THAT nomad outpost is pretty interesting indeed. You "could" reach it in singleplayer to see what's inside (yes there are things inside), but impossible in multiplayer.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• so only singeplayer can enter it if you finish storylines?

• Hey Guys,i am back with more problems,i uninstalled everything associated with Freelancer,flmm and Crossfire,then i ran the registry cleaner in cccleaner,now i just installed the game from a cd i bought online and tried to put the Freerlancer.exe file from the no cd link that SilverFox provided,but it ain't right i get no exe. file in it at all here is a sereen shot of what is in this Freelancer no cd download, as u can see there is no exe. file no game file hardly nothing is there why is that?

• GUYS,i got the game to play but i got a pop-up saying freelancer did not recognize my video card and did i want to proceed so i pressed the yes key,the game came on and ran just fine but at a low resolution like 1274x628 or something like that so i guess i am asking is this the time to modify the dacom file ;like it shows in the video file posted by Leroy50? or is there something else i can do or try?

• The game is like 15 years old, your graphic card is newer, so it not being recognized is NORMAL, dont worry.

In "options" at the menu, you should still be able to put the resolution you use on your desktop, including widescreen. If you dont see your resolution in Options, then go to where you installed Freelancer, by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer", in that Freelancer folder you will find b2e31e54480ea5461a7ee150b139325c.png that file, start it and it should fix it. Not sure how it works as for me 1920x1080 was in Options inside the game.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• oh you mean you want to play 1920x1080

• PerfOptions.ini located in \documents\my games\freelancer

there you can change the resolution manually

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Guys ,i changed the resolution in the PerfOptions.ini file but it won't accept a 1920x1080 resolution the highest it will go is 1400x1050 which would probably be ok but it really don't change the resolution in the game the 1400x1050 looks the same as the 1268x864 or what ever it is, if u do the 1900x1080 it goes back to the 1268x874 all by it's self,but i have a question for Leroy50, bro i downloaded the jflp.dll file from the link u put in your post,then i unzipped it to the freelancer.exe file then i opened the dacon.ini file but i can't figure out how to move the jflp.dll file from the .exe file into the dacon,ini file,i tried copy and paste,and i tried to drag and drop nothing worked so i just typed jflp.dll into the dacon.ini file but it didn't change anything so exactly how do i put this jflp.dll file into the dacon,ini file?

• you dont need that just edit need it

• well, its very rare for people to have issues indeed, normally its installed on first try, and bugs later if any xD

• launcher options

just tick the box adjust to desktop resolution

and let the game decide best res for your monitor. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Guys,i am not asking about the crossfire 2.0 mod i am asking about the original vanilla Freelancer, but i do really appreciate all of your help and advice,you guys are all amazing to take the time to help a newbie like me.

• Find perfoptions.ini in your Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts and edit this:

[Display]

size= 1920, 1080

color_bpp= 32

depth_bpp= 24

Your desktop resolution should be the same.

If the above doesn't help, then try this guide How to avoid grafic Problems while playing Freelancer

hth

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• SilverFox,that was the first thing i tried bro when i add 1900, 1020 as a resolution and save it the game defaults to 1200x600 or something like that.

• with vanilla fl mate

before you load a game

click on options

screen resolutions your pc and monitor support for fl will be in the top right hand corner

with the best res the game can give you usually preselected

if more than 1 res is avaliable you shoud be able to scroll and pick the one you prefer to use

vanilla does not support widescreen

& changing ini file does not make it happen if it's not possible for the game to do it.

When you install CF 2.0 after successfully launching the vannilla game.

The installation process should give you widescreen

I have recently played vanilla & cf and the game res goes back and forth

when giong into vanilla if I don't go into option and click back the res the game tries to play, but I loose the hud display top and bottom of the screen.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Thanks ringotwin,i guess i will stop trying then if that's the case,and since i didn't find any solutions on the web i will consider your reply as confirmed.ty bro.

• The mod improves how freelancer works, freelancer is 15 years old :)

And its 1920x1080, right ? I dont think 1900 x 1020 exists, maybe 1920 x 1200 ?