game wont play

There are 83 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• SilverFox,the game works but i cant direct flmm to the location of the freelancer,exe file it keeps saying no exe file found,now i renamed the no cd version that just said freelancer to freelancer.exe but the flmm still says no exe file found what can i do?

• flmm can not find it because its not called freelancer.exe in your case but freelancer(1).exe

rename that file to freelancer.exe and flmm will be able to find it.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Odin Kree : You put the Freelancer.exe in FLMM CrossfireMod folder. You can't run it from there. The Mod folder is only for activation of Mods.

One of your freelancer error files tells that you installed in "D:\freelancer2\Freelancer.PC.Game(djDEVASTATE™)\Freelancer.PC.Game(djDEVASTATE™)\" folder.

If/when you reinstall I suggest that you use D:\FL or similar short foldername and as ex. D:\FLMM for the Freelancer Mod Manager.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Silver fox,i have been experiencing some odd behavior on this computer when i first dl and installed the no cd freelancer and installed it it worked just fine,then when i ran it a second time a few hours later it crashed just like the other times,is there something on my computer that could corrupt these game files after they are run once?i turn off my anti virus but i leave windows defender on could that be doing something? although i have been using these programs for along time without any problems,what do u think?

• First: Are you a member of "Administrators" group on your computer ?

Did you install and play other mods (incompatible savegames) -> save and delete files in folder Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer

I never had any problems with Windows Defender - just remember to exclude FL and FLMM folders from scanning/quarantine.

9248-cebc88b9.png

• SilverFox,yes i run everything Freelancer with admin. elevation and no i have not had any problems with corrupted save games,but when u have a good Freelancer installation that suddenly does noy run after running it for over 5 years something is going on an sfc/scannow showed no problems,i have installed other mods but just recently but none of them worked because my freelancer copy is not running so no mod will work including crossfire without a good copy of freelancer,i dp have 1 other mod that is working the discovery 4.92 mod is running fine and it does not use flmm but it does need a working freelancer ,so i guess not all my freelamcer copies are computed.

• SilverFox,if i do a clean install of win 10 and then download all my files i have stored at the idrive web site will i just be reinstalling the thing that is making these files go corrupted?

• Ye, CF works fine on latest Windows 10 with all it's odd updates for me.

Installation will work if you follow the guide linked above by SilverFox. If it doesn't, take a screenshot of it and post again.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• So, uninstall Crossfire, FreeLancer Mod Manager and Freelancer from Control Panel.

Clean registry by using CCleaner and reboot Windows - now Freelancer is gone.

If you have played Multi Player, you may want to save your ID (if you don't have a copy).

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Guys,another question, i bought a like new Freelancer cd off amazon cost over 62$ but what the hey,well any way i read on the net that win 10 wont play a freelancer cd is that true?