Crossfire 1.62 status

There are 148 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Neorok.

• current status - over 150 bugs have been fixed so far (many vanilla FL bugs included)

the singleplayer bugs have been fixed (mission2 loot prob, mission4 jump prob and the mission11 cutscene which took 7 hours to be fixed)

systembugs have been fixed

coalition ship bugs should be fixed

ship bugs (cheat) still need to be fixed but im working on it

about 30 vanilla FL bugs are left and i try to fix them (unfortunatly nobody has ever done that before)

new feature added (Cursor selector - you can decide if you play with the original crosshair or a new version)

looking at my timetable i should be able to finish cf1.62 till saturday or sunday but unfortunatly this doesnt help much due to the probs with the webserver and my current probs on LR (for those that didnt notice it yet)
    ill have to see how to fix those probs before i can release anything and ill have to see if this new installer for the mod is usefull or not

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• WoW 8o OP i new theat what u do is hard but i dident expekt theat it is so hard i realy take my hate off for u :rolleyes: and all u do for us its nearly seems theat u have no time for your self ,i think you should do your health a favore and take rest off all the fixing i think many will agree with me :]

MY AVATAR IS UNIQUE

From the darkness we come to the darkness we all shall go
    ........................................................................................
    Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, cum possit, iubet. Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

Translation:

The descent to Hell is easy. He who does not forbid sin commands it. Without the cross, without the light, nothing dies. We are but dust and shadows.
    Eve online chars: RavenMcDougal

• every day that is not used is a wasted day

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D

Let me guess ... you are in college, isnt'it?

BTW, I think that what OP tries to illustrate, is that you have very a dificult task to fix things without having the source code and having to rely on ambigous error messages. The knowledge and experience of OP about what message refers to, is not a thing that can be trasnfered easily, or at all.

EDIT:

Or ... Op, you have the source code? I read something about it being released but found nothing.

• there is no source code

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Its found in the fl-server-errors.log file, but i don't know the warning bit

PS: Op, you're sig pictures are lost because of site down too!

• Its nearly imposible to do all those things in that short period. OP as Raven said take your time easy. With the speed u fix all those bugs u realy can release it till saturday .
    But pls take it easy and get a rest :) It will make u feel better (i think) and u will have more time for thinking over the hardest bugs :) That way u will find better solutions for the probs :D:D:D

P.S. I'm not the first or the only person who has thought of this or even said it ... dont think i want to tell u what to do ... Its nothing like it (at least as i see it)

To touch the light, you must cross the darkness. To see the life you must know the death.
    [725] [694][uglygaga][40][40][40][92]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Oh btw as u said it was never tryed to fix the original game (the vanilla FL bugs) It doesnt count only for FL ;)

To touch the light, you must cross the darkness. To see the life you must know the death.
    [725] [694][uglygaga][40][40][40][92]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• OP, You are da Bomb.

Thank you for the new crosshair selection. Very cool.

Hopefully green will be available for aiming. I am a little red color blind and also a little yellow color blind.

This would make the game much better for people like me.

Thank you very much.

btw. Even if no changes CF is still the best!

Yes Burros Do Bite.

Chars: SMG_Burro and derivatives thereof

SMG Forums

• ok that the current status:

whew
    no bugs left... used the new "Raid Bug-Ex"-Spray but there were some unexpected losses

well no seriously i finished the main work on CF1.62
    i used some new tools to scan FL even more deeply than all other tools were able to
    and finally 952 bugs have been fixed

why so much?
    well coz of many double lines and typo errors in FL
    most of them wouldnt have had a negative effect on the game itself but most likely they would have cause minor lag
    i also fixed some errors from original fl
    but i doubt that it would make much sence to list them all now

so i created a list with those bugfixes that should be important for the beta test

Coalition ships fixed
    Coal Gattling fixed
    Mission 11 script scene fixed
    Mission 04 fixed
    Mission 02 fixed
    Planets in Sol fixes
    Infocard Ptah fixed
    FreedomX fighter
    Licences fixed
    Transporters fixed
    Protector fixed
    Shooting Star fixed
    Armored Transport has CMS and Mines now
    Missing fuses added to the freighters

thanks to wavey and rg for helping me testing

oh before i release anything im going to test a little bit... i did very heavy changes on NPCs and want to see if everything is working now... so tomorrow i will test the mod.... and create a small installer with a crc check (to avoid that ppl are running around with bugged versions)

and then ill upload everything for the beta testing

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 952 bugs, woow..that would like 5 cans of RAID :D...hehe, really glad you kill those bastards... Thank you m8 for everything and I will glad to test tomorrow night

Congrats,

RG

[4] Don´t argue, [3] Just Do it

Good Friends are Forever [prost]

We always remember the ones who are not with us within our heart

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pS7lS4fP_wc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="350"></embed></object>
    My Mind is Free & My Imagination would take me to places I never dream of 8)

• good work, i hope the debug team does better this time. Sounds like it was not as hard for _you_ as you described... sounds like teh...

Us: [659] [662] [1] [46]

You: [45] [96] [404] [700] [839] :won: :won: :won:

lol, cant wait to see teh result

-

• Nice work as usual:) yell if u need any help to test

• OP if you need help testing, I will be there again

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• sorry for second post but same here op i am up for testing i have all the time in the world now. U can hit me up on msn. I know what needs to be tested because u just posted it in the new stuff and bugs fixed post. Let me know m8 i will talk to u on msn ne way. M8 have a good day. btw i will try to get paid at some point to give u 50 usa money i hope it will help u a bit. If not i will try to get more. thnxx m8 and u do have the best mod in all of FL history. Thnxx op talk to u on msn soon.

Dragon wing, Dragon Corps rank Lieutenant Colonel, CSF, DC chars: DC_John_Donow[T], (DC)_John_Donow(Lt.Col), DC_JD, DC_[Lt. Col]_Donow