CF1.6

There are 492 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• I'm sorry for adding any confusion to the conversation Lone_Renegade, What I was saying is that you can most likely, as I've never tried it with my Train, fly into (like docking in star Trek) the open reapir areas of a shipyard but No ship can actually dock there regardlesss of size. However normal ships can dock at the main faciltiy of a dockyard. Does that make since or am I still confusing you?

• No no thats fine it makes sense now. I did try to land there before, and when you said that it was possible, I thought you meant you can land and visit the weapons dealer, the bar and the commodity trader dude...

But yes you are right, you can go into the docking bay but not "dock" and be able to visit the base.

Btw, will the smaller transports be available to traders? I mean the small transport and large transport ships. This would give another options for less-well-off traders, or newer players who want a better option for trading without ruining themselves.

Which would lead to a reajustment of the cargo sizes perhaps...

Also, I think that ships like the Serafina and Bullpup MK3 aren't realistic, they are as small and nearly as maneuverable as fighter ships, heavily armed (6 class 10 forward guns and 3 turrets for the Bullpup, 4/4 for the Serafina) and armored (21000 for the Bullpup, 11300 for the Serafina)... Those could be considered gunboats, not freighters... Plus the look of the Bullpup MK3 doesn't reflect the fact that it can carry 400 units of cargo... Same for the Serafina...

So what I say is, change the Serafina/Bullpup MK3 to VHF class and give them a class 10 shield slot, and to replace them, add the small and large transport.

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

• those ships wont be changed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• But what about the idea of making the transports (like the one that brought Trent to Manhatten in the beggining of SP) flyable as well? So that almost all npc ships can be used?

• that is already under construction... started with it 2 days ago

possible original ships:
    all gunboats (yes)
    all destroyers (dunno yet)
    all cruisers (dunno yet)
    the repairship (yes)
    the heavy lifter (yes)
    the armored transporter (yes)
    the prison ship (no)
    the luxury liner (no)
    the transport (yes)
    the large transport (yes)
    nomad ships (no!)
    the Xtra large train (dunno yet)

other NPC ships:
    coalition capital ships (no!)
    dom'kavash ships (no!)

more capital NPC ships will be introduced (Order Faction)

BTW: I NEED THE LOGOS OF THE NEW SERVERCLANS FOR THEIR SYSTEMS

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• can you make that battleships and the train could be killed by missiles?

[angel] Give me your hand and follow me into the light! [angel]

MSN: MarcBomber@arcor.de (no mail)
    IRC: irc.quakenet.org:6667 #Bomber

[SIZE=1] Post last edited by MarcBomber on 11.09.2005, 10:01 AM. [/SIZE]

• ChiefRedCloud talked about something I was also thinking about.

Would it be possible to add MooringFixures To Shipyards like the Crossfire Dock and some others?
    Like Chief said, fly into the tunnel and dock, that would make the Shipyards much more realistic (in my opinion)

Maybe it is impossible, but if it is possible, maybe you think over it.

• I also have a proposition for a Mooring Fixture: Planet Crossfire (if it hasn't been planned already). This would make unloading Escape pods a lot easier...

[CFPD]Lone_Renegade __________[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_TR
    [CFPD]Lone_Renegade*/**/***__[CFPD]Lone_Renegade_BS

Crossfire Federal Police Department Website

When you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair!

can you make that battleships and the train could be killed by missiles?

like i already told youl... the new bomber will do the job

Would it be possible to add MooringFixures To Shipyards like the Crossfire Dock and some others?
    Like Chief said, fly into the tunnel and dock, that would make the Shipyards much more realistic (in my opinion)

mooring fixtures on other shipsyards... no .... coz of the balance
    the "tunnel" well i already was thinking about it and will do tests on this concept

I also have a proposition for a Mooring Fixture: Planet Crossfire (if it hasn't been planned already). This would make unloading Escape pods a lot easier...

no - that would create a super traderoute between x and oa

is it possible to change the colour of the player ship (ex green:liberty friend, white:neutral to them) in order to reflect asf/csf lincenses?

no

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• This is {LP}.Shadow{X}'s transmission

Initialasing . . .

In first place hello to all X-Fire m8s.

It's a honnor fly with u and sometime against you.

As u know I'm a Brasilian player and as all others 170.000.00 of comrades I'm sad cause we are always forgoten in games development.

Now in X-fire I can have hope!

Hope to see some of my Country's Towns names in a game.

So This is a requesting to Operator.

Please, think about it.

We hope to see Minas Gerais Station or São Paulo Planet. Maybe Planet Rio de Janeiro too.

Once again I say Thank you in name of all Brasillian's Players.

And hardly sorry my bad english.

End of Transmission . . .

• or a Bomber to Bomb the Bomber with Bombs.... 8)

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• ...while another bomber bombs that bomber with bombs... :D

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• So what's the e.t.a. on this mind-blowing online experience? Are you still waiting for the community to live up to it OP, or still working on the code?

• how about adding Omega 13, the freelancer system, simply use the visual effects of the neutron star in omega 41 that you put in, put them on to a sillouhette of a planet, creat large red rings around it, then add an asteroid field. It could be like Death Valley, very hard to find, and infested with Dom Kvash.

• Unfortunatly, that wouldn't be possible due to Freelancer's original concept. The Alliance is composed of England, Germany, USA, China (Japan, or Korea, i never knew wich one they are :( ) and Spain. All other countries, such as Brazil, we can only imagine that they are part of the Coalition, and i think that OP won't make more coalition systems.

Think this way, if he makes an system with a brazilian name, soon we will have ppl from other countries asking for systems as well.

But in my brazilian opinion (yes m8, i'm brazilian as well), "Minas Gerais" isn't a good system name :P .

• Expanding on Tanatos's idea earlier, would it be posible for players to customize the color of thier ship's hull and running lights? I've seen it done on a different mod, but I don't remember which... It would add a bit of diversity to the couple of ships everyone is going to end up buying. Either way, I can't wait to see the new ships. :-)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• Okay, then another idea. What if planets had thier own defense systems (not like the docking rings, mind you)? If a player or NPC comes within a certain range of a hostile planet, guns and/or missiles are fired from the planetary surface. If the shots could pack enough punch, it might make players more inclined to take good care of thier reps.

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D: