Reccomendation for late game ship

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ajay.

• well, nobody can claim i have been lazy in the past 3 years

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Can't remember, that anybody claimed that, but many demanded more and more and more and ... in always
    shorter and shorter and shorter time .... of the amazing stuff you come up with :thankyou: for what you've done
    ... only already ? ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I have several Iguana btw... and you're correct bro... the agility is a bit different... bit slow actually.
    And the damage taken is more compared to CF1.9 version ...
    Seems like its getting bigger too... where i have difficulties in passing through asteroids field... keep bouncing around ...

• well, nobody can claim i have been lazy in the past 3 years

there is one thing op you can be sure of as you are that this statement would be the furtherest on our minds. more like creative and patient and consistant comes to mind. what ever you do there is always the knockers and whingers.keep the vision going .

kermit

• @Vardek
    Just have a look to le left ... below my avatar pic, section Freelancer Ch...

Or at my signatur, you might get the main idea : ... anything with ...APE... in it ;)
    (tbh : quite a number of chars I "have to care" for :D )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well, maybe someone can help me as well. I am currently playing the campaign and i think i'm in the latter half already or even close to the end. I'm probably at this point in the game:

So far i've been flying a sabre, which is a bit old fashioned, i admit. Still i'm not seeing ANY chances in combat anymore. The

just rip me apart. I've been playing Freelancer for many years now and i think i have quite some experience (mostly online, but story as well), but i really think, my ship is far to weak by now. I even had the chance to purchase a cruiser before, but i didn't take it. Maybe I should have? I see, that the sabre isn't state of the art anymore, but the other VHF in this thread aren't *that much better* than a sabre, or are they? (Talking only about the use vs npcs! - Singleplayer!)

Tl;dr version: Can someone recommend me a good ship (fighter or gunboat prefered) to end the campaign with? Which stands a chance? (I understand, that CF is significantly harder than the original FL singleplayer) And maybe also give some hints about equipment i should get? My loadout is still pretty vanilla, no shield reactor boosters or anything. But please no spoilers about the story or what is yet to come :)

Edit: And i kinda like the Bullpup MKIII Freighter. It has a lot of firepower for sure. Would that be an option? Or is he far to big and slow to stand a chance against whatever the story is yet to throw against me? Loadout suggestions (for the MKIII or whatever ship you recommend) are also highly appreciated :)

• Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• ZZZ

Edited once, last by =Alexxassa Rubio= ().

• I can confirm that Coalition Saber is a good ship for IC (Used it myself there several times).
    Also, on that adversary:

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Sorry guys, what do you mean with IC exactly?

maybe? :D

About the weapon setup/equipment:

So i'm flying my chimera right now, but I think i'm going to check out the Rhineland VHF and the Coalition Saber as well. I think either should work fine, but the 2 sunslayers from the Chimera sound nice to me. Anything else I really need to proceed?

• Yeah, don't pick up lvl 9 weapons to combine them with Gatlings. That doesnt work. Use here missiles, especially those which you cannot buy but only find :)

And with Rhineland VHF you mena the Rapier VHF, or? Not very agile.

Edited once, last by ramses ().

• Sorry guys, what do you mean with IC exactly?

maybe? :D

Exactly. Also, Class 9 hardpoints are advised for missilesoops, didn't notice.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".