Crossfire 2.0 Tests

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• op i would prefer to wait for it to take a long a you need and launch 2.0 when totally happy then do it and have everyone on here going crook or whinging. launch when your happy op
    kermit

• done stuff makes me happy
    everything unfinished just bothers me until its done

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• update to the tests
    while Huor is on well deserved vacation we did serveral online tests last week

Multiple small issues have been spotted but server, mod and server software are runninng incredible stable already (not a single crash so far).
    Like already mentioned there are some minor issues that needs to get fixed and there is still a good amount of tests needed but everything is looking very good at this point.

Until Huor is back we have enough time to do further tests and finish the final configuration of the server software and since ive already started to work on the new setup for the dynamic economy this certainly will be fully active with the mod release (unlike told in previous posts).

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Last weekend was a more intense test period where Huor and I tried to test through the most important features and already found issues.
    The biggest problems were resolved so that the normal server functions were running perfectly sunday evening.

some other features are currently being reviewed but that are secondary fixes and additional features which also could be introduced at a later point

however one major problem remains
    the Crossfire launcher
    Utrack has build a new version for CF2.0 several months ago and that new launcher was working perfectly in our dev version of the mod.
    Unfortunately the release version of the mod is working a bit different due to their installation and activation processes. This has caused some issues with the launcher (which would require manual settings on every client).
    Utrack did some fixes but there are still remaining issues which require to be fixed.
    Problem right now.... Utrack has not been online for meanwhile 3 weeks and im starting to get worried.

If you by any chance see him online somewhere... the CF 2.0 release requires a working launcher and his help.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Did anyone try to hit him up on twitter or Jabber? I don't have those but they are listed on his website.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• I got reply on skype and asked for help, it looks he have very busy RL now.

• A release without a working launcher is not possible.
    We can only hope that he appears online to fix it or we have a serious problem.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

...or we have a serious problem.

:boopsy:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well, what a bad luck. Technical problems with your net connection, someone important at vacation, someone important not online for some reason. But don't be sad, we all can wait a bit longer.

Still I have a question. You said that the singleplayer is up and running - ready for release. You do not intend to release the SP only? Because I bet some players, like me, only start playing the SP (with its nice Pause function) at first. I mean, the release may take even longer if you detect more bugs during these MP-Tests now. Or does the current luncher problem effect the SP too? Nevertheless, its your decision, but I, of course, would love to see a SP-only release, if MP will take longer. No stress, I'm not moaning.

• Launcher is the same for SP as MP. We have small dev team, if someone have problem or is missing, then things usually take more time. And for your question: was answered already few weeks ago: will not happen. I know it may be seen from outside as a bad decision, but there is more as one reason why is not good idea release this mod piecewise.